We should make up T-Shirts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could throw the keychains and t-shirt on stage. Maybe they'll get the hint when 1,000 keychains come flying back to them. No return postage needed!

Lisa71 said:
You could throw the keychains and t-shirt on stage. Maybe they'll get the hint when 1,000 keychains come flying back to them. No return postage needed!

That is f*cking brilliant! Of course, I'm so far away I'll end up injuring a fellow stooge, er, I mean fan.

Those of you who actually have received your keychains (all 6 of you) - did you notice it came with a note saying "Here is your unique membership card." Have you noticed anything unique about it? I sure haven't. I thought maybe our name, or at least our u2.com membership ID# would be printed on it. Looking at it now just makes me sick. I would definitely bring it to throw at the band!

You people are absolutely, completely, and totally deranged. There's nothing more pathetic than whining fans who didn't get their top choice in U2 tickets.

And this happens EVERY tour. Please don't delude yourself into thinking this is all somehow new. U2 has been the biggest band in the world for about 20 years, and every tour, there are way more fans than there are tickets. Unfortunately, not everyone can go to the shows. It sucks, yes, but that's life. There are many, many, many other people just like you who love U2 and who got tickets today. But you didn't. I know that's hard to deal with, and I know you feel wronged, and I know you probably love the band so much that you want to sue somebody, but take a deep breath and chill out. It's only rock n' roll. Crazy shit happens. There will be a DVD.

Actually, LyricalDrug, their IS something more pathetic than whining fans. It's a person who posts the EXACT SAME CRAP RESPONSE in every single thread. Like, say, you.

Now, then... Queen Bee: priceless. :applaud: :bow: Please, please, please post a larger, high res graphic of this image. I'll print that t-shirt transfer and wear it everywhere. Barring a lawsuit, civil disobedience is our best chance to get the band's attention and let them know what their ticket dealers have done to us. Those of you lucky or rich enough to get GA tickets, wear some shirts. Hold up a sign or two ("U2.con", "All the GA tix went to scalpers", "This ticket cost me $500", etc.) You guys know how Bono is, something catches his eye, he's gonna ask about it. It only takes one fan at one show with the right message to get his attention and maybe keep this from ever happening again. I'd suggest either opening night at San Diego, or one of the nights at Chicago, since half the country was trying to get those tickets. Nothing rude, nothing to disrupt anyone's enjoyment of the show, just something to let the band know what's going on.

C.

better yet

sign the back of the metal keychain and mail it back to them OR direct to Dublin.

think they'd get the hint? ;)

wow...this is pretty intense...my thing is though (even though i got a ticket, my friends are still out of luck) if you get tickets, what really counts is being there. go watch slane or boston or popmart or sidney or red rocks and tell me that the people in the back aren't rocking out as much as the people in the heart or wherever. i don't care where i am...as long as i'm there. if i had to pay an extra $40 to make sure i was in the building, that is totally worth it to me.

as far as the t-shirt idea, i would really like to see some crack-blue shirts with our usernames on them...that way we could see each other at the shows and say, oh man i know them...just an idea (and a less angry one at that).

"as far as the t-shirt idea, i would really like to see some crack-blue shirts with our usernames on them...that way we could see each other at the shows and say, oh man i know them...just an idea (and a less angry one at that)."

i like this one!
-stuTV

Chrisedge said:
OK, I actually started a store. You can buy the shirts here. There is a $1.00 markup which will go to Queen Bee's shirt FIRST, then mine, then ALL other profits will go to more shirts to give to fans.

I havent received the keychain (its been 2 months now), so would it be OK to even wear the t-shirt?? humm...

:hmm:

LisaU2 said:
Just a thought - If a final idea could be settled on, it could be offered as a .jpeg to be printed out as an iron-on transfer. Not the best quality, but it will probably enable the most widespread availability for everyone. And, hey, not many of us have too much cash left after this debacle. For my ticket price I could fly to Dublin... TWICE.

sounds like a good plan as its the most available to everyone
coeme up with a good idea (there are some great ones being bantered about here alerady) and i'll join happily!

If I had been going to a show I would have a sign/ t-shirt with "Can I get my $40 back?"

:up:

LyricalDrug said:
You people are absolutely, completely, and totally deranged. There's nothing more pathetic than whining fans who didn't get their top choice in U2 tickets.

And this happens EVERY tour. Please don't delude yourself into thinking this is all somehow new. U2 has been the biggest band in the world for about 20 years, and every tour, there are way more fans than there are tickets. Unfortunately, not everyone can go to the shows. It sucks, yes, but that's life. There are many, many, many other people just like you who love U2 and who got tickets today. But you didn't. I know that's hard to deal with, and I know you feel wronged, and I know you probably love the band so much that you want to sue somebody, but take a deep breath and chill out. It's only rock n' roll. Crazy shit happens. There will be a DVD.

Nice irony there LyricalDrug!! I'm glad you can be sarcastic about this whole thing!!

I can't wait for the DVD, I hope they give us U2.con members a special voucher that enables us to grab hold of some of the very frst copies that are released before they go on general sale. you have to pay $10 for the voucher and they will probably release about 2 copies for the 40,000 fans, but that's beside the point! As long as McGuinness and co are lining their pockets, that's ok!

Matt, maybe they will release a special version of the DVD with a crappy book with crappy artwork at an extra cost of £10. :hmm:
And then another version with an extra dvd and then the ordinary dvd.

And maybe by that time they will be asking you to renew your $40 membership and they will send you out another keyring and access to the forums which of course never work

:hyper: It's mostly making U2 richer and who doesn't want to do that, they care about their fans, thats the only reason they release so many versions of one album, it's not about money :hyper:

Heheh, the tables seemed to have turned against U2's favor all the sudden... deservingly too, don't get me wrong. Someone from that band had better get on here and give us a kind word here damn soon.

On the Interference homepage, on the lefthand side where the daily news updates take place, there are several on ticket buyers being pissed, and then every one about Bono just says "Bono wheels and deals with (insert political figure or organization here).

I will post the full size of this when I get home:

u2shirt.gif

You can order one at http://www.cafepress.com/u2lousy
or once I put the full size one up, print your own iron on.

(All profits from cafepress go to buying shirts, so far ZERO orders! :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom