"Waiting For The End Of The World" a U2 song???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reggie Thee Dog

Blue Crack Addict
I bought the August issue of Guitar World magazine with the Edge as the cover story, and in the interview the magazine is speaking to the Edge about his guitar sound on "Acthung Baby" and he mentions he loves the guitar sound on "Waiting For The End Of The World"!!!

Anyone have a copy of that? I've never heard it........

:wink:

What a dork!!

Waiting For The End Of The World is good, but The Flea is better!

namkcuR said:

Yes, believe it or not, Discotheque is NOT a dance song or anything even close to it. It is a rock song and it is driven by that guitar riff.

Live, yes. Discotheque bloody rocked on the Popmart Tour.

Studio, no. I find the studio version to be a bit tacky and even cringeworthy. To label it as one of the "last great rock songs" by U2 when songs like Gone and Last Night On Earth are on Pop is incomprehensible to me.

Axver said:

Live, yes. Discotheque bloody rocked on the Popmart Tour.

Studio, no. I find the studio version to be a bit tacky and even cringeworthy. To label it as one of the "last great rock songs" by U2 when songs like Gone and Last Night On Earth are on Pop is incomprehensible to me.

And "Mofo"... another great rock song... great lyrics.. great sound. One of the best lyrically. IMHO.

"Two" is great, too. Two loves, two bloods, two lives, ya gotta do what ya shouldze.

"Gymnastic" is another great song to end the album...

"dont let the gymnastics grind you down"...

Did The Edge mention anything about the Eurozoo album? I will be incredibly sad if he doesn't describe how he got his sound for Citrus Fruit. :(

Until the End of the World is about Judas betraying Jesus, which is the most interesting topic out of any U2 song probably.

MattFromNYC said:
mysterious bays is grwat too.

Mysterious Bays? My copy has Shamu The Mysterious Whale!

(I still say that whoever misheard MW as that wins the award for Funniest Misheard Lyric Ever.)

Reggie Thee Dog said:
I bought the August issue of Guitar World magazine with the Edge as the cover story, and in the interview the magazine is speaking to the Edge about his guitar sound on "Acthung Baby" and he mentions he loves the guitar sound on "Waiting For The End Of The World"!!!

Anyone have a copy of that? I've never heard it........

:wink:

What a dork!!

Where do you have to live to get a September Guitar World in July? Everywhere I look I see Tom Morello's face on the cover of the August issue.

Pretty lame though for a guitar geek to get the song title wrong.

Yeah, you're right, it IS the September issue!! I live in Northern CA, so it should be out everywhere...I think.

They also have a picture with the caption "The Edge tunes up with Adam Clayton during the 1992 "Acthung Baby" Tour"...yeah, OK...:huh:

Maybe the writer got Until the End of the World mixed up with Waiting For the End of the World by Elvis Costello. It's still a silly mistake, though.

Glue Station
Until the End of the (massive skin) Boil
Gymnastics
Dove is Mindless
Mysterious Bays
Trying to throw your lambs around a pole
Two
Ultrabright Toothpaste (Flight my Staircase)
The Flea
Even Better than the Ziplock Strings
Go Mule
Whos Gonna Sex Up Your Wild Water Hoses

Toiletropa
Buckteeth
Plumb
Tomato
Clay (texturized, so nicely!)
Mami's Gonna Pay For Your Soiled Truckseat
Some Pigeons are Filthier than Others
The First Lime
Dirty Clay
The Beekeeper

Discotheque live is pretty fucking rock n' roll. . . just guitar, bass, drums, and vocals, and no crazy shit from Edge until the very end

discothequeLP said:
Discotheque live is pretty fucking rock n' roll. . . just guitar, bass, drums, and vocals, and no crazy shit from Edge until the very end

Discotheque is more-or-less Alt Rock...maybe Alt-Art Rock. I don't think I'd call it Rock 'N Roll, well just not straight Rock...whatever that is. :huh:

MattFromNYC said:

Clay (texturized, so nicely!)
Mami's Gonna Pay For Your Soiled Truckseat
Some Pigeons are Filthier than Others

The first time i've laughed out loud in ages.

Back
Top Bottom