wait 4 it! Bono says new song is their best ever!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoVoxSupastar said:
What artist doesn't say that about their work?

Exactly. It's not like Bono is going to say, "This is no Joshua Tree, but it's still pretty good, I think." :shrug:

BigMacPhisto said:
I've had the pleasure of hearing the new track. It's like Top Five material, but not their best.

so where have you heard the tune then? and if you have like you say you have can you give us a bit of info about it? is it one of the beach clip? is it mercy? what are the lyrics? lets see if your right!

Bonochick said:

Exactly. It's not like Bono is going to say, "This is no Joshua Tree, but it's still pretty good, I think." :shrug:

No but he could say, it's a really great song that their really excited about.

its just kind of funny when he describes every single new release as "best song/album ever"

I think BigMacphisto was sarcastic.

I do remember in an interview Bono declared The Bomb as the second best album after Achtung Baby...

BigMacPhisto said:
I've had the pleasure of hearing the new track. It's like Top Five material, but not their best.

details are necessary to make this the best post ever

Look what you've done with your bloody rock and roll music, you've put out the sun.

Peterrrrr said:
My thougths goes to a totaly reworked version of Mercy, with different lyrics. Bono talked well about Mercy before HTDAAB was released.
:uhoh:

If U2 reworks Mercy and releases it as a 'new' single, they may as well hang up their hats, don some identical tennis shoes, and wait for the great spaceship behind the next earthbound comet to transport them to a new plane of mediocrity.

Canadiens1160 said:
:uhoh:

If U2 reworks Mercy and releases it as a 'new' single, they may as well hang up their hats, don some identical tennis shoes, and wait for the great spaceship behind the next earthbound comet to transport them to a new plane of mediocrity.
Wait a second...didn't they kind of do that with 'Sweetest Thing'?

I would actually like to see them (completely) rework a new version of 'A Celebration'. I think that would really go off right now.

And the new song will fill most here with joy. Top 5 U2 song of all time? No. But there again, that's subjective. It will make people feel something again, something special. And that, my friends, is what we all want from U2, isn't it? I think it's been a while for some....and this will be worth the wait.

Canadiens1160 said:
Look what you've done with your bloody rock and roll music, you've put out the sun.

dude you are bar none hands down the funniest dude on here, i keep thinking it but i have to let you know you consistently make me laugh out loud, and then look around to see if anyone noticed

Window on the Sky from what I heard is supposed to be 'epic'
Anyway....as far as Bono is concerned. What has he said more?

1. 'Thanks for giving us a great life'
2. 'America is an idea'
3. 'My name is Bono & Im a rock star'
4. 'My name is Paul, but I call myself Bono'
5. 'The Edge is on fire'
6. 'I dare anyone to make a better rock album.'
7. 'From the high hills of Kilimanjaro!!!'
8. 'Africa! Africa!'
9. Bono telling the Sinatra or meeting the Pope story
10. 'This is for Bob'

i'm excited that Bono is still excited 30 years later, or at least exciteable.

:shrug:

and listening to 402 again, if that is indeed "window," then i'm more than ready to believe a classic is at hand.

djerdap said:
I think BigMacphisto was sarcastic.

Bingo. I'm shocked that anyone here believed it because it was an obvious joke "not best, but Top Five, maybe"........

:corn: I like how people get twichy over one man's mere opinion of a song we haven't even heard yet.

Aside of the Elevation tour Stay comments, I don't remember him saying that about a song.

Brian Eno made a bet with Bono Stuck would be their biggest hit ever. (so he, not Bono, thought they had a great song)
Is that what you meant?

Last edited:
I tend to take folks at their word....so I am ready to hear this brill new song!!! Love Susan

Bono said in Dallas: "You Texans are really loud" that is a true statement lol

U2girl said:
Brian Eno made a bet with Bono Stuck would be their biggest hit ever. (so he, not Bono, thought they had a great song)
Is that what you meant?
And not only that, but "biggest hit ever" doesn't necessarily mean "best song ever" either. So even if Bono (and not Eno) had made the bet, we still couldn't accuse him of saying 'Stuck in a Moment' was their best or greatest song.

This reminds me of how everyone took Bono's "punk rock from Venus" quote out of context. Bono thinks abstractly and in metaphor. What does Venus represent? The feminine, of course. So it was punk rock with a femininity.....which is quite the opposite to most people's idea of punk rock (typically ultra masculine)....so his description actually makes a lot of sense when you think about it.

Misinterpretation is the enemy of communication.

Especially here at Interference.com. :wink:

ah mr loris, after bono said "the new album (HTDAAB) is the closest they have ever got to making the perfect album"

you responded with:

Michael Griffiths said:
Ah, yes, it's that time again, that time to throw out the "near perfect album" type quote. Similar quotes were uttered before ATYCLB, such as, "The album we've always wanted to make," and "I don't believe this to be our last record, but if it was, that would be okay," and the most infamous, of course, "We have 15 of the best U2 songs ever written, and we're about to narrow them down to our favourite 10 to 12." Ah yes, Bono the master of hype hasn't missed a beat (and hopefully neither has Larry...sorry, couldn't resist :wink: ).

so clearly you know Bono is master of the hype

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom