Waikouaiti, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
damn, killed the thread again.

At least I'm educating my co-workers on the finer points of pedantism.

SW and Akerfeldt have been talking for ages about doing a whole album together (and possibly with Dream Theater's Mike Portnoy too, though I think I'd favour Hellhammer on drums). Seems their schedules never line up to make it possible, though. It's a shame, since they have such good vocal harmonies.

Glad you dug what you heard from The Mantle; I hope that included In The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion, one of my three favourite Agalloch songs (the other two are She Painted Fire Across The Skyline I-III from Pale Folklore and Kneel To The Cross from the Of Stone, Wind, & Pillor EP).

Two big suggestions:
1. Anathema. The Judgement album is my second favourite album ever, behind UF. They began as a death doom band, became more alternative rock around the Judgement era, and are now soft rock. Quite an interesting transition and I think Judgement has the best of all their styles. A Fine Day To Exit and Alternative 4 are their other best albums.
2. Alcest. Imagine, if you will, a black metal band feeling happy and playing shoegaze, with a hint of post-rock. That's Alcest. Their (well, his; it's just French black metal musician Neige) sole album, Souvenirs D'un Autre Monde, is one of the most original albums I've heard.

Oh man, that really would be sweet! :drool:

I did indeed. I got The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion (amazing track), ...And The Great Cold Death Of The Earth, The Lodge, Odal and I Am The Wooden Doors. I want to get the rest but my computer is acting up as usual :rolleyes:. I also got a few other songs, including Kneel To The Cross and Falling Snow, the latter of which I'm digging at the moment.

Awesome, I've written those two down. I'll download as soon as I can!

I wonder, how do you (and anyone else) download music? I've been using Limewire and a couple of free sites, but they've become more and more shite. I've been hearing a lot about torrents, how does that all work? /noob.

Oh man, that really would be sweet! :drool:

I did indeed. I got The Shadow Of Our Pale Companion (amazing track), ...And The Great Cold Death Of The Earth, The Lodge, Odal and I Am The Wooden Doors. I want to get the rest but my computer is acting up as usual :rolleyes:. I also got a few other songs, including Kneel To The Cross and Falling Snow, the latter of which I'm digging at the moment.

Awesome, I've written those two down. I'll download as soon as I can!

I wonder, how do you (and anyone else) download music? I've been using Limewire and a couple of free sites, but they've become more and more shite. I've been hearing a lot about torrents, how does that all work? /noob.

And The Great Cold Death Of The Earth and I Am The Wooden Doors are two of my other favourites - and You Were But A Ghost In My Arms and The Hawthorne Passage slay too. Falling Snow is from Ashes Against The Grain, which I don't seem to mention that much but it's a great album too. Our Fortress Is Burning II: Bloodbirds is my favourite track from there.

I used to use torrents, but now I use things like Sordo, album-sharing LJ communities, Google blogsearch, and bunalti.com ...

I'd explain more but I'm off to uni for a bit! :wave:

And The Great Cold Death Of The Earth and I Am The Wooden Doors are two of my other favourites - and You Were But A Ghost In My Arms and The Hawthorne Passage slay too. Falling Snow is from Ashes Against The Grain, which I don't seem to mention that much but it's a great album too. Our Fortress Is Burning II: Bloodbirds is my favourite track from there.

I used to use torrents, but now I use things like Sordo, album-sharing LJ communities, Google blogsearch, and bunalti.com ...

I'd explain more but I'm off to uni for a bit! :wave:

Neat, thanks for all this!

Seeya later. :wave:

Speaking of uni, I've got to do a few things too. I shall be back later.

It's no different to my ears, but it feel much better having the real thing :lol:

It does! especially after I read an interview where Edge didn't seem happy the album leaked :uhoh: Guilt began to set in.

I got the impression that he was upset, maybe I read it wrong :shrug:

I'm getting a first-hand account of what it's like to be deaf in my left ear. :happy: The longer this earache goes on, the less I can hear.

At least it's not a double ear infection. Those are bitches. You been to the doc?

Nah, cause it didn't seem like an infection. I've had billions of them, so I know what they're like. This is different, like I might've hurt the eardrum or something. maybe I should see if I can see the nurse here at work while my bro's at school.

Nah, cause it didn't seem like an infection. I've had billions of them, so I know what they're like. This is different, like I might've hurt the eardrum or something. maybe I should see if I can see the nurse here at work while my bro's at school.

Probably be worth it to get it checked out.

Yeah, definitely. Started randomly yesterday. Was fine this morning, now that I'm at work, though, ugh.

My ear is allergic to work.

I want a few drops of ice water into my ear canal. That would feel good. :yes:

reading the lyrics to NLOTH don't really clear up the bongolese at all. Kind of fitting.

I never want bongolese to be clear. It..well...wouldn't be bongolese :lol:

Exactly. There's a couple of lines that make less sense now that I know what Bono's saying. What I thought I heard was perfectly half-logical. What's printed is pure WTFery.

Exactly. There's a couple of lines that make less sense now that I know what Bono's saying. What I thought I heard was perfectly half-logical. What's printed is pure WTFery.

Then she put her tongue into my hear cracks me up everytime.

Then she put her tongue into my hear cracks me up everytime.

Awesomely weird lyrics, how long have we waited for those? :lol:

reading the Thank you's, no mention of Adam's family. I've scanned them about ten times, nothing. Something I noticed. :shrug: Probably doesn't mean anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom