Vrbno pod Pradědem Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mysterious_jen said:

WIN !

i dont konw if i will be able to help myself .

:eeklaugh:

it was all i could do not to sing along like a real concert - but while dolby 5.1 is loud, it's not that loud! i used all my self control making myself lip sync (which i am used to doing to bootlegs at the gym anyway - i must look like a nutcase) and did not restrain my urges to dance in my seat, tap my feet, dance in my seat some more...

major_panic said:

MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR feat muffins, iced chocolates, sex, drugs, rock & roll; and, introducing the new headline act Phail:

Featuring bono_man2002 on vocals, Axver on guitar, Alisaura on bass and major_panic on drums, this group plumbs deep into uncharted musical territory. Providing a sense of musical adventure that reaches beyond the norm, they are truly an act to behold.

(ie. we're probably gonna reach new levels of phail)

:lmao:

It's going to own so much. By own, I mean phail. Epically. With long guitar solos that I can't play.

major_panic said:
Seriously though, I'd not take on a group with more than four people. That's just suicide.

THAT IS NOT WHAT JACKIE CHAN MOVIES HAVE TAUGHT ME!

Besides, the racist drunken white trash kids roaming the city at nights - surely you've heard about them?

Actually, no, I hadn't. I always assume there are drunk arseholes and unsavoury types out there, but I wasn't aware of any specific organised gangs.

Then again, I'm usually the last person in the world aware of any of that sort of thing.

Axver said:

I'm sorry. Please, vomit on him for me.

hey, if i spend the night of my 21st birthday with him, it could happen! but that's a ways off so who knows.

it's exciting, we just make plans for a time, he picks me up, and i have no idea what we're off to do (besides dinner, but I don't know where). my ex was awful at planning, i always had to suggest places, especially if we were going into the city. i love surprises!

Axver said:

Oh, yes, I forgot about this. I'm as white as they come, what with being an albino and all. The racist cunts would probably give me a sieg heil.

I never really think in terms of race, it's not something that enters my mind at all (I don't see why it should!), but that's probably got something to do with the fact I happen to be in a rather privileged position and don't actually need to worry about being personally harmed due to race-related issues.

It's never obvious, but there's always a sense of it, albeit usually very small.

The worst thing is, a lot of us Asians are more Australian than a hell of a lot of them. Although that being said, I firmly believe that half of the immigrants here need to be given a kick up the arse or shipped back to wherever they come from - you're in Australia, people, you SPEAK ENGLISH!

[/rant]

major_panic said:

It's never obvious, but there's always a sense of it, albeit usually very small.

The worst thing is, a lot of us Asians are more Australian than a hell of a lot of them. Although that being said, I firmly believe that half of the immigrants here need to be given a kick up the arse or shipped back to wherever they come from - you're in Australia, people, you SPEAK ENGLISH!

[/rant]

wow, replace "australian" with "american" and this is the kind of comment i'm afraid to hear on my dates with the republican.

Axver said:

:lmao:

It's going to own so much. By own, I mean phail. Epically. With long guitar solos that I can't play.

:lol: I would love to see you attempt the Love is Blindness solo.

Axver said:
THAT IS NOT WHAT JACKIE CHAN MOVIES HAVE TAUGHT ME!

But Jackie never takes on more than five at a time - they somehow get disorganised and split up!

It's funny that Jackie's somehow Australian too, I still can't believe it.

Varitek said:

wow, replace "australian" with "american" and this is the kind of comment i'm afraid to hear on my dates with the republican.

:lol: But I'm an immigrant, I'm allowed to say that!

Seriously though, sometimes we're unwelcome enough here as it is, then people go and compound it by refusing to learn to speak English. I mean, English! It's based off 26 letters unlike Chinese, which has about 10 x 10^10 letters in it!

:wink:

major_panic said:
(ie. we're probably gonna reach new levels of phail)
It wouldn't be Phail if we didn't :wink:

I realised today that I missed the end of the ATYCLB Poll, but it was hardly a surprise the Kite won...

Hi folks! I haven't caught up yet so I dunno who's here :lol:

Sorry you can't make it to the midnight screening, Maj... :( Hopefully see you at another one!

Varitek said:
it's exciting, we just make plans for a time, he picks me up, and i have no idea what we're off to do (besides dinner, but I don't know where). my ex was awful at planning, i always had to suggest places, especially if we were going into the city. i love surprises!

I had a similar problem with Kate. The most irritating part was that she liked spontaneity while I'm the kind of person who likes to be planned well in advance. However, she only likes being spontaneous when other people suggest something; she rarely had her own ideas. So she resented me trying to "plan out her life" (WTF? Planning for Friday on Monday is planning out her life?), but if I didn't do that, she'd sit on her arse and do nothing.

Funny how I don't miss her right now.

I will play guitar over satellite if Axver needs some help.

Oh, morning, Superthread.

phillyfan26 said:

at first i was wondering wtf you were doing up so early, then i remembered high school. oh how i loathed that. i did live close enoguth to school that i could wake up at 6:50 or 7 though.

major_panic said:
:lol: I would love to see you attempt the Love is Blindness solo.
I saw a guy on Red Faces do a thing where he used a paint-stirring attachment on a drill to play a guitar... it wasn't the Love Is Blindness solo but I think it could be adapted... :hmm:

Varitek said:

You know, I actually pretty much agree. If you move to a country and can't passably speak its everyday language, what's the fucking point? Communication is the basis of any society. Now, I've no problem with people speaking their own languages as well, and I love hearing other ones around, but at least put in some effort so that you can communicate with the broader society outside of your narrow ethnic/immigrant community.

Alisaura said:

I saw a guy on Red Faces do a thing where he used a paint-stirring attachment on a drill to play a guitar... it wasn't the Love Is Blindness solo but I think it could be adapted... :hmm:

THAT GUY STOLE MY IDEA! :rant:

:wink:

phillyfan26 said:

We could play duelling solos! By which I mean you'll be coming in on a five second delay behind a wall of static while I try to remember which end to strum at.

major_panic said:

:hyper: Awesome, I made the grade!

(What the hell does that actually mean? :reject: )

Bad reference to Bowie's Space Oddity:

This is ground control to Major Tom
You've really made the grade
And the papers want to know who's shirt you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

Axver said:

You know, I actually pretty much agree. If you move to a country and can't passably speak its everyday language, what's the fucking point? Communication is the basis of any society. Now, I've no problem with people speaking their own languages as well, and I love hearing other ones around, but at least put in some effort so that you can communicate with the broader society outside of your narrow ethnic/immigrant community.

Exactly! Which is why going to places like Springvale always annoys the hell out of me.

I'm all for ethnic diversity, but we have to remember that we're not the original "people of the land" as it were; we chose to be where we were and so we should at least learn how to speak with others and ourselves in the local language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom