Vogan, Togo Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Exit (live from Paris) is extremely droolworthy. Might purchase "Alex Descends ...".

Ashley's seeing the Mountain Goats live? Dude, awesome. Is it at a festival or something?

Nah, they're playing the same venue as The Horrors.

Oh man, Vlad, Hit up WOWY from that Paris gig. Probably one of my 5 favorite U2 live performances ever.

Nah, they're playing the same venue as The Horrors.

Oh man, Vlad, Hit up WOWY from that Paris gig. Probably one of my 5 favorite U2 live performances ever.

From what you told me, that stage would fit them a lot more than the Horrors, so sounds like you're onto a winner. Wish I could go!

Yeah, WOWY is dope in that concert. And watch the DVD sometime so you get the context when Bono is all like WHERES THIS SMOKE COME FROM

From what you told me, that stage would fit them a lot more than the Horrors, so sounds like you're onto a winner. Wish I could go!

Yeah, WOWY is dope in that concert. And watch the DVD sometime so you get the context when Bono is all like WHERES THIS SMOKE COME FROM

Yeah, I'm excited to see them at this venue, EXCEPT, everyone who was at the show I went to was kind of like...I don't know the right word...emos? But, that might have been because ZOMG this band is called THE HORRORS!. I don't know. Not sure how The Mountain Goats will go down there is all I mean.

Isn't there a jumpcut in the DVD that skips over most of the thing?

AH THAWT WE HAD ENOUGH TEARS lN THIS SAWNG.

I've just been feeling pretty unspectacular and quiet today.

Plus I've had work to do on the site. Europe tickets have gone on sale, Denmark's got a second gig, that sort of stuff.

That's okay, I guess. Enjoy your time.

As for me, the iPod is the way to go.

I've just been feeling pretty unspectacular and quiet today.

Plus I've had work to do on the site. Europe tickets have gone on sale, Denmark's got a second gig, that sort of stuff.

Tis just one of those days.

Just for the sake of it i'll post some of the lyrics to some song i'm writing. It's nothing special, but it can be a good time to spend boredom.

Love is too sweet to disqualify
Love is too sweet to disqualify
While you continue killing your sheep
The re-occuring thoughts that won't let you sleep

You've never noticed how arrogance hit you hard
A curse that controlled you right from the start
Stare at the guy in the mirror
Unchanged by strong emotion
Guilt is doing its job well tonight

:|

Hey, it's doing better than Bono has for most of this decade!

I'm a bit frustrated because I keep writing little guitar bits I like, but I can't seem to piece anything together as a full song.

Hey, it's doing better than Bono has for most of this decade!

I'm a bit frustrated because I keep writing little guitar bits I like, but I can't seem to piece anything together as a full song.

Same with me, although I usually get most of my lyrical ideas when i'm in the shower or sleeping. And much too often I end up forgetting the lyrics. I'm still satisfied that i'm at least improving lyrically, my first ever song (it's been deleted long ago don't worry) was incredibly generic and the sort you'd get from a Taylor Swift song.

My lyrics are always incredibly vague bullshit with apocalyptic imagery. I tend to be able to come up with it on the spot when I feel like it, but it's drivel. I have this thing for fire and skies and nonsense ...

I'd be happy if I could just come up with some instrumental composition; I'd be really happy if I could then fit some lyrics to it.

My lyrics are always incredibly vague bullshit with apocalyptic imagery. I tend to be able to come up with it on the spot when I feel like it, but it's drivel. I have this thing for fire and skies and nonsense ...

I'd be happy if I could just come up with some instrumental composition; I'd be really happy if I could then fit some lyrics to it.

Reminds me of Metallica lyrics, not that there's much wrong with them, they're just always bleak.

I like to write songs as a hobby and because of my somewhat impossible dream of becoming an artist one day, as I (seemingly arrogantly) believe my lyrics could beat the crap out of most these days, inc. Chris Martin's. :wink:

I tend to favour bleak lyrics to tell the truth, most of my favourite artists regardless of genre veer that way.

A shattered sky, splintered upon the earth,
Ravaged by the desolation
And the imperfection of night;
A hollow torment, a despised vacuous haunt,
Awaiting the cleansing inferno of dawn
And the fury of tomorrow's fate.

I've no idea what the hell that is, but there's some on-the-spot bullshit from me.

It ain't too shabby, but doesn't really have a particular theme or story behind it. It's probably just me, I like my songs to paint a picture and telling a story, like if you looked into those lyrics (that I posted before) closely enough past the vagueness you'll find a story and a meaning behind it. Or it may just be a bit hard, either way.

There's no story because it's rubbish symbolism that I came up with on the spot without any topic in mind! I'm sure I could read something into it, or incorporate it into some sort of lyrical construct that does say something.

But then sometimes I just like painting with words, evoking a sentiment or a soundscape rather than conveying some specific story or intent.

And I'm rather pleased that I think I might have finally turned some things I've written on guitar into a cohesive song. Though I could really use some effects for the solo. : saves up for effects pedals :

Haha, the solo sounds kind of pissweak at the moment, and it's fairly basic.

Let's see if I can tab it ... don't know if it'll mean anything to you, but I'm sure if somebody like Andrew or LM shows up, they can critique it/laugh at it.

G-2-2-2-2/7-7-7-7-7/12-12-12-12-12/17-

G-17----16-14-
D----14-
Play three times

D-14-----13-11-
A-----11-
Play three times

Then I've been just running down D, no defined structure yet, but maybe something like D-11-8-5-5-7-3-0-2-2-0-

I can't read music anyway, they're just a bunch of random notes to me. If you recorded it on an audio file then that would be a different story ...

But you should have utmost fun in pretending to be Brian Eno, producing your little song. Could be an instrumental, too.

Wish I had a microphone or some way to record things ... then again, my playing's shit so it's perhaps best the world doesn't have to suffer it. Except for my unfortunate neighbours.

Anyway, I'm out for the night. :wave:

And I'm rather pleased that I think I might have finally turned some things I've written on guitar into a cohesive song. Though I could really use some effects for the solo. : saves up for effects pedals :

p33717.jpg

:drool: effects :drool:

Seriously I spend more time creating effects for my guitar parts on that thing than I do writing the actual guitar part. Plus hook it up straight to laptop and record :drool: No need for amps and mics :drool:

Back
Top Bottom