VMA PREDICTIONS!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
First, what do you think about the rumors?(Vanguard Award, Medley)

What song do you think they'll play?

Do you think U2 will actually win some awards?

I think that Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice" is gonna win some awards.

I hope U2 wins, but I guess I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Originally posted by mikal:
BTW, just wanted to prove that I can still think up U2 threads! LOL

Good job, cookie manwhore!

------------------

I think the medley thing is a rumour.

I think they'll open with Elevation, or do a performance in the middle with Stuck...

"Weapon of Choice" will win Video of the Year, much as I hate to say it, it is more deserving.

(Spike Jonze is a little turd.)
tongue.gif

I think the medley thing could easily come off as a bit tacky...or it could fucking rock..

I think Weapon Of Choice will win, I haven't seen the nominations, but if it's in it should win.
Not that I really care, through the complications of Australian cable tv, I don't get MTV, only it's competitor (Channel V).

------------------
"Don't worry about the world ending today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

matt2870@hotmail.com

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:

(Spike Jonze is a little turd.)
tongue.gif

I don't know if it's because it's late at night, I only slept 3 hours last night, and I'm so damn tired, but that just made me completely crack up for some reason. *lol*

------------------

Originally posted by TylerDurden:
I think the medley thing could easily come off as a bit tacky...or it could fucking rock..

I think Weapon Of Choice will win, I haven't seen the nominations, but if it's in it should win.
Not that I really care, through the complications of Australian cable tv, I don't get MTV, only it's competitor (Channel V).

You can come over and watch it at my house.
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullsh**, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry, ZooTv Era

"the soul needs beauty for a soul mate"

-April

I don't think Elevation is really deserving of the best video of the year... I'd say Weapon of Choice. However it's been nominated for best special effects and I think it should get that.

Originally posted by SkeeK:
I don't think Elevation is really deserving of the best video of the year... I'd say Weapon of Choice. However it's been nominated for best special effects and I think it should get that.

Elevation is not nominated as Vid of the Year, I do believe its "Beautiful Day!"

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Elevation is not nominated for video of the year- Beautiful Day is. I watched Beautiful Day for the first time in months and I think its a great video (understated, one of U2's best), but I don't know if it can match Christopher Walken doing ballet. Close call.

Elevation is not nominated for video of the year- Beautiful Day is. I watched Beautiful Day for the first time in months and I think its a great video (understated, one of U2's best), but I don't know if it can match Christopher Walken doing ballet. Close call.

MTV has a long history of sucking up to performers, particularly those ones which have made them a lot of $$.

That being said, U2 will for that reason pick up a few, I imagine. Although best video should (and will) go to Fatboy Slim.

Haven't y'all read the Vegas odds? Destiny's Child is the favorite, with U2 next, for video of the year. Fatboy Slim is last - based on the odds.

I was stunned when U2 won Grammies, and I'll be stunned if U2 win VMA's. That said, I feel the Grammies meant more than the VMA's, so if U2 don't win any I won't be disappointed.

The last of the rock stars
When Hip Hop drove the big cars
In the time when MTV was the big idea
that was the big idea

Originally posted by Auxtung Beibi:
I hope they bad the medley and just play "Kite." That'd be so apropriate.

That would be so cool, but I doubt it would happen. If not a medly, they will either play "Stuck" or "Elevation", probably.

------------------

A couple of people mentioned that bands usually have to play the song they are nominated for.

I just read this at mtv.com:

"Britney Spears is scheduled to debut "I'm a Slave 4 U," the first single from her next album, at the 2001 MTV Video Music Awards next month."

Maybe U2 will play "Stuck" then.

~Bonochick (I'm A Slave 4 U2)
wink.gif

------------------

I'll bet that U2 does win, because it seems that the performers are also the winners. It's the same way every year! If a huge band like U2 are there to perform, they damn well better get an award...plus, we get to see the acceptance speech!!

I definitely agree on the 'Weapon of Choice!' That vid is just cool!
cool.gif

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Back
Top Bottom