Virgin Blue help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man

Thom's Bitch
Hey all,

I booked my original flights for U2 (BNE-SYD) via Virgin Blue. As you all know, the airlines wavered any cancellation/change fees for people going to U2. This gained me credit with Virgin Blue.

I just rang to ask how I could book flights with this credit and was told it could NOT be done via the internet and only over the phone. Therefore, I cannot take advantage of the internet rates and have to pay the phone fees which are a fair bit more expensive (around $150)!!

Basically, I would have been better off cancelling the original flight, paying the $37.50 cancellation fee and then re-booking later!!

Virgin are appearing so nice and caring the media for this gesture when it actually costs us more when we want to re-book!! What a fucking scam!!

Has anyone else come across this yet?

When I cancelled my flights, it was in the cancellation print out that you can't rebook over the net but had to phone ie I knew in March I was gonna be out of pocket :mad: If you've still got your cancellation printout, you might want to check the fine print. sorry :shrug:

yeh - it's only phone...

you can still try and get access to the saver fares but they are not THAT much more....should only be max $20 diff...anyway...just complain if they stuff you!!

Same here, you can only rebook via phone.

I got the same price tickets ($79 each way bris - syd) however had to pay a fee of $35 per passenger to change the dates and times. (thanks to the addition of a 3rd sydney date this had to be done twice costing me $140 bucks!)

But hey - 10 weeks to go! arrgrhghgg....:drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom