VIP Packages + (RED) Zone Auctions - All Discussion HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I bid 400 and the final price is 300, do I pay 400 or 300

400. The auction site says "These are Pay What You Bid auctions. If you have a valid bid when the auction ends, your registered credit card will be charged the value of the final bid you made."

That's different than the way ebay works, no?

Sneaky. :|

when you are bidding on e-bay you are almost always bidding on a single item, so the highest bid always wins.

for this auction you bid what you are willing to pay. maybe you win, maybe you lose. the rules are clearly stated. to bid in an auction without reading the rules would be ignorant. i don't know how you could refer to that as sneaky when you are talking about someone engaging in an optional financial transaction where the instructions and rules are clearly stated.

when you are bidding on e-bay you are almost always bidding on a single item, so the highest bid always wins.

for this auction you bid what you are willing to pay. maybe you win, maybe you lose. the rules are clearly stated. to bid in an auction without reading the rules would be ignorant. i don't know how you could refer to that as sneaky when you are talking about someone engaging in an optional financial transaction where the instructions and rules are clearly stated.

It is sneaky because most people (I would contend) are familiar with the ebay on-line auction system, in which you place a maximum bid, but are only charged the amount necessary to beat the next highest bidder. So, for instance, if your maximum bid was $400, but the next highest bid was $300, you would be the winner but would only be charged $301 (based on a bid increment of $1).

It is sneaky because most people (I would contend) are familiar with the ebay on-line auction system, in which you place a maximum bid, but are only charged the amount necessary to beat the next highest bidder. So, for instance, if your maximum bid was $400, but the next highest bid was $300, you would be the winner but would only be charged $301 (based on a bid increment of $1).

No one should bid $100 more than the current minimum bid. It should be maybe $5 or $10 more, as bids can always be increased until the end. The majority of the auctions are ending within $30 or so of the starting price anyway.

RED ZONE Limited to those in Country?

Looked at the RED ZONE auction and it appears you have to have a credit card and address in the UK to take part in the auction - limits the sales by country, as based in the US limits ticket options further, can't bid on red zone .........

Also TM now posted the following on the Croke Park Sale Site - assumes this doesn't limit sales from 2 transactions for 4 GA each for Friday/Saturday total of 8 GA same address/Credit card ? thoughts......

Note Tickets may not be available in all price levels and sections.
Ticket Limit
Ticket are limited to 6 Per Person, per transaction, per household, per credit card. Bookings over the limit will be cancelled

Looked at the RED ZONE auction and it appears you have to have a credit card and address in the UK to take part in the auction - limits the sales by country, as based in the US limits ticket options further, can't bid on red zone .........

You tried to bid and couldn't?

I had the same problem with Amsterdam... To bid, a credit card with a billing address in the Netherlands was required.

That is a bunch of crap. If you're going to sell a product on the internet, you better damn well make sure anyone who can access it can buy it. Boo-urns.

so you sit on seats - i would feel weird and rather be in the standing bit i think!

I'm looking forward to this.

I'm going RED. I dont want to queue in lines for 3 hours minimum (this part always sucks). I want accessible refreshments and merchandise (another dreadful memory). I want to see a good show in comfort.

In 2001 I stood outside Tampa from 4am (after a 3 hour drive). By the time the show started I wasn't feeling "great". By the end I was exhausted. All my concert experiences have been grueling experiences.

I want this memory to be perfect for myself and the woman who will be my wife at that point. It has to be perfect (and that includes a limo so I will not have to deal with the insane traffic before or afterwards).

A U2 tour is a special expense and for me an extravagance. I have around 6 months to plan for it. Through sensible planning and budgetting I will do it first class. Extravagances and entertainment cost money. Much like the L'Oreal bitches on the American commercials: I'm worth it!

Any of us lucky enough to be blessed in the higher percentile of earnings in this economy can all tell you: We work our asses off for it. Like slaves. Finding the time off for this event is stressful. Fun like this is few and far between. Time is expensive to many of us and to be enjoyed to the fullest.

However anyone chooses to plan and enjoy this even is completely in their own hands. It's not U2 or LiveNation's fault. It's not Bill Gates or the Bourgeious. It's what each of us decides to make it.

If you prefer the smelly deadhead concert experience, U2 has planned for you in the pricing scheme. I'm just glad that they also considered myself who hates that whole fucking scene. :)

If I didn't have this RED option, I wouldn't go at all.

Thanks U2!!!

(I hope everyone is having a good Sunday!)

UK Red Zone

Interested in how you can bid on the UK RED Zone from the US with no UK address - if there is a way to manipulate the code to change from Great Britain that would help .......:lol::drool::ohmy:

I got the impression that the chairs in the red zones are just for comfort before the show, but that during the show you would want to stand close to the rail like everyone else. I didn't think the chairs are raised at all for viewing the show, it wouldn't make sense for the areas on the floor behind it.

I would probably spend extra if it basically guranteed you a close upfront but i wouldnt want to be sitting ther ebecause i owuld feel a bit weird.

That is a bunch of crap. If you're going to sell a product on the internet, you better damn well make sure anyone who can access it can buy it. Boo-urns.

apologies if already covered but I have bid for Red Zone for Croke (2) from the UK - so far so good (though now twice price of GAs- but hey what a chance) Mike:wave:

I had the same problem with Amsterdam... To bid, a credit card with a billing address in the Netherlands was required.

So if U2 are not playing in your homecountry this tour, then you will have no chance to bid for the Red Zone anywhere else? Not very fair that is for a lot of people.

apologies if already covered but I have bid for Red Zone for Croke (2) from the UK - so far so good (though now twice price of GAs- but hey what a chance) Mike:wave:

So when you got to the place where you needed to put in your billing address didn't the country have Ireland hard coded in the field?

So how were you able to manipulate the address? Seems like the country is hard-coded.

i put all of my info on the "town/city" line, and it accepted it- of course, that was before i realized you really couldnt bid on it from outside the country- i asume if i win they will cancel it-

i emailed them with the addres q- and they did confirm it was only for irish residents- nice of them to send that to me after the general sale

So let me get this straight, when you bid on the (red) zone and loose you have NO ticket? How is everyone bidding? At the public sale or the presales with your code?

So let me get this straight, when you bid on the (red) zone and loose you have NO ticket? How is everyone bidding? At the public sale or the presales with your code?

Yes - you have no ticket if you lose, which is why backup tickets are a good idea. The presale code is not valid for the auction - it is open to the public and ends a few days after the general sale.

It looks like the residence requirement is for all ticketmaster auctions, not just the U2 Red zone auction. The ticketmaster general auction rules state:

"Who is eligible to participate in a Ticketmaster Auction?
In order to be eligible to participate in a Ticketmaster Auction, you must have a Ticketmaster Account with a credit card that:
1. Has a billing address in the country the event will take place . . "

Not sure what would happen if you were able to manipulate the address and had a winning bid - I assume it would be cancelled (but who knows). Bummer, as I was planning on bidding for Dublin Red zone tix, but don't want to deal with this issue . . .

It looks like they're offering some VIP packages for NA:
VIP Package Price:
$522.00 Limited Availability

YOUR VIP EVENING INCLUDES:

Preferred Seating – One premium, top priced reserved seat located close to the stage offering a spectacular view of U2’s innovative new 360° stage design. Tickets will be shipped prior to show date
Reception – 2 hour pre-show VIP reception featuring a first-class catered buffet and open bar (beer and wine)
Parking – Forget about parking hassles; VIP guests will receive a reserved parking pass (one pass per every 2 tickets purchased. Parking passes will be shipped prior to show date
Access – Purchasers of this unique package will be granted access to the venue through a separate VIP entrance
Gift Package - VIP guests will each receive an Official U2 360° Tour merchandise gift package, featuring a special tour VIP item not available to the general public. Exclusive merchandise gift will be distributed the night of the show
Backstage Tour - As part of this package, VIP guests will be eligible to enter a drawing for the chance to win an exclusive backstage tour!

All Ages

Reserved Seating

"Red Zone" Prices?

As of yet, there's only a seating chart for Gillette Stadium up on Ticketmaster and no specific listings as to where the price range and seating zones of $30 - $250 for tickets starts and ends.

U2 360º Tour tickets Gillette Stadium Foxborough, MA, Directions, seating chart. Official Ticketmaster site.

I would guess the "Red Zone" seats on either side of the stage are the $250 tickets and GA is probably mid-range while $30 is the absolute nosebleed seats. I also assume Red Zone ticket buyers do not get the chance to go through the "pit" lotto system while *all* GA floor ticket buyers will, as in the Vertigo tour. Am I right?

Kinda sucks that there's no easy-to-find info on what prices are for what locations throughout the stadiums this close to the presales.

T.B.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom