Video premieres on UK tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sure? I wonder if it will be the actual video (doubt it) or U2 playing Vertigo in a studio video.

Was announced on Radio 1 this morning after they played the single. Something like "TOTP will have the exclusive first play of the video tonight". They said "video" and not a live performance or anything like that.

No, you're right, the BBC just made this up for kicks and giggles. For anyone who doesn't know, the BBC are the same organisation who run the radio station and the TV show TOTP. And in the past U2 have done a fair few exclusives with them at the start of promotion for an album/tour.

I know its quick, but why shouldn't the video be ready by now? The whole point of a vid shoot like last week's is that the concept and pre-planning are done in advance.

Did they mention whether it was the studio rehersal version? Because we know there will be a studio clip of U2 playing. The fact that it was filmed last week and is ready NOW, I can't believe. That would be amazing if it's true, but I severley doubt they could compile the whole thing on a weekend ;)
It must be the studio rehersal version. Can't wait anyway!

Alright....so the thing should be airing there in like nine hours or something or other? Here's hoping we see it online soon.

thanks mate! But I still don't believe the video could be ready now. It doesn't make any sense. What about special effects, what about editing, what about everything else a music video needs? Am I the only one who is really confused here? Something isn't right.

I'm confused :)

There was a large, planned, outdoor shoot. So that straight away removes the need for sound stages, blue screens, effects etc.

The band have said they performed the song over and over and over. So that means a fair chunk of it is a performance-to-camera by the band.

So unless it all goes a bit Jean Michel Jarre in the middle of the vid, I don't think there's much work to be done apart from standard editing and production. I think the vid was done by the guys who did the White Stripes Seven Nation Army - they had an idea which they took to the band, so it doesn't sound like they were improvising much.

A couple of guys could easily whip the footage into shape by now. Especially if the style is to fit in with the song - a bit rough and ready.

Cool :D...they better play it tho, I don't want to have to sit thro the normal crap for nothing :)

I'm confused :)

There was a large, planned, outdoor shoot. So that straight away removes the need for sound stages, blue screens, effects etc.

The band have said they performed the song over and over and over. So that means a fair chunk of it is a performance-to-camera by the band.

So unless it all goes a bit Jean Michel Jarre in the middle of the vid, I don't think there's much work to be done apart from standard editing and production. I think the vid was done by the guys who did the White Stripes Seven Nation Army - they had an idea which they took to the band, so it doesn't sound like they were improvising much.

A couple of guys could easily whip the footage into shape by now. Especially if the style is to fit in with the song - a bit rough and ready.[/B]

I sooooooo hope you are right. Thanks for the info mate! Make sure you record it for us!! :hyper:

I know video's can be turned around pretty quick, but that's a bit too quick! they must have worked 24/7, surely it's the live performance one, I hope it's not, either way though I'll be happy. It'll just be nice to see the boys doin' their thing again.

Don't shoot the messenger, but, taken from the website:-

"The band's first ever Pops performance was way back in 1981, before a good chunk of you were even born. This was a time before ipods, mp3s, the internet, CDs or Madonna even existed as viable music entertainment choices. So when the biggest rock 'n' roll band in the world wish to unveil their brand new video, who do they come to? Uhuh. Us!"

So how do they distribute videos to cable tv nowadays? Will a video have to be flown down to australia so channel V, musicmax, mtv have it or does the record company simply rent some satellite space and "sends it down the line" to all the networks?

Anybody know how this works?

Was interesting to hear that this morning, it sounded like the CDS of Vertigo was dropped off, in person, by someone from the record company 10 minutes or so before it was aired.

ascender_RS said:

Normal crap?!?!

Eric Prydz is on it ffs!

;-)

not the great Eric Prydz??????!!!! :combust:

...um, who's he then? what have I missed? :)

Nothing else out with what on TOTP website, I'm still betting it's the studio performance video rather than the full thing they shot last week. That'll still be cool to see though, it's probably the same video that'll be on the DVD single.

Back
Top Bottom