Victory Beach, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha! I'm caught up. Typical, I post last night saying I won't have time for blue crack much, and what do I do the night after... :der:

Seeya folks :wave:

I want a new camera too, Ax!

Although mine did come in useful on Saturday night when I was walking back home with a mate. We were a little tipsy, but we discovered a brush tailed possum up a little tree and I took some fluke shots of it. Not too bad ones, either.

Ha, cool. Mine has succeeded in taking a few really fluky great shots, but in general, it's just piss-poor, has no features, produces images of weak quality, etc.

I just can't decide if I want a prosumer digital or if I want to fork out for a DSLR.

Ha! I'm caught up. Typical, I post last night saying I won't have time for blue crack much, and what do I do the night after... :der:

Seeya folks :wave:

You can't not have time for the Superthread. That's not allowed.

G'night. :wave:

Ashley, do you pick up dapper things to say in American situations from us Aussies?

I have no right idea, to tell the truth. Usually I'm pretty good at keeping things like "Take the piss" out of conversation when I'm speaking out loud, plus I generally tend to not use aussie/uk phrases online as it is. But I know I did say take the piss at least once to my friend Katie when I was telling her about Travis and Axver's DI 6 lists.

fukcmanvx6.jpg

Some bit in an early interview where Bono suddenly acts as if he were biting his fingernails for a split second. The perfect way to liven up a thread.

... I initially did not recognise that as Bono.

k, i'm trying to catch up right now, and i saw you mention the downed plane in san diego, axver. what, the one that had to do an emergency landing in memphis doesn't count? :depressed:

i even was telling ashley at the time i bet it was een. on the news they said something like "we're told the plane has to make an emergency landing" - THE plane? ohhhh!!! i forgot there was only one in the world!

k, i'm trying to catch up right now, and i saw you mention the downed plane in san diego, axver. what, the one that had to do an emergency landing in memphis doesn't count? :depressed:

i even was telling ashley at the time i bet it was een. on the news they said something like "we're told the plane has to make an emergency landing" - THE plane? ohhhh!!! i forgot there was only one in the world!

:laugh: I saw you mention that at the time, but I had no idea what you were going on about! THE plane clearly didn't matter enough to make our news anyway. Which is a shame, as I'm sure it would be far more newsworthy than some kids who hopped off a train at South Yarra while their mother was too fucking slow and the doors closed so she had to ride to Malvern. THAT WAS HEADLINE NEWS HERE. I still can't get over it.

I think...I think I am going to die. Oh fucking fuck. I can not find two papers that are more important than anything else in the world right now. I have to turn in revisions of them by 6:30 tonight, and I think they might be in Indiana. Fuckc I've tore my room up looking for them, but I just can't find them.

:laugh: I saw you mention that at the time, but I had no idea what you were going on about! THE plane clearly didn't matter enough to make our news anyway. Which is a shame, as I'm sure it would be far more newsworthy than some kids who hopped off a train at South Yarra while their mother was too fucking slow and the doors closed so she had to ride to Malvern. THAT WAS HEADLINE NEWS HERE. I still can't get over it.
it's because you hate memphis :depressed: and lol, that was the top headline? hilarious.

it's because you hate memphis :depressed: and lol, that was the top headline? hilarious.

Think it was the second story. Whatever the case, it was in the headlines. Unbelievable. Just more of the media's sensationalist anti-Connex spin. How dare the driver close the doors and pull out of the station per the timetable! How dare he refuse to stop when the mother hit the emergency call button! How dare he continue to Malvern so that she could catch one of the multitudes of trains back to South Yarra rather than dropping her at one of the lesser-used intermediate stations where she ultimately would've waited longer!

God, it's not that fucking hard to get off the train before the doors close.

Think it was the second story. Whatever the case, it was in the headlines. Unbelievable. Just more of the media's sensationalist anti-Connex spin. How dare the driver close the doors and pull out of the station per the timetable! How dare he refuse to stop when the mother hit the emergency call button! How dare he continue to Malvern so that she could catch one of the multitudes of trains back to South Yarra rather than dropping her at one of the lesser-used intermediate stations where she ultimately would've waited longer!

God, it's not that fucking hard to get off the train before the doors close.
exactly. :der: should one person be inconvenienced rather than everyone on the train and waiting for the train?

exactly. :der: should one person be inconvenienced rather than everyone on the train and waiting for the train?

But her kids are at South Yarra while she's still on the train due to her own extreme sluggishness! DROP EVERYTHING!

Taking responsibility is for losers.

And then Today Tonight probably had a feature on it afterwards, showing the mother as the poor, honest victim of the mean old public transport company. (Dramatisation).

i hate the fdic.

FDIC?

And then Today Tonight probably had a feature on it afterwards, showing the mother as the poor, honest victim of the mean old public transport company. (Dramatisation).

Oh, no doubt.

The media right now is coming down on Connex like a tonne of bricks. Now, somebody does need to seriously come down on Connex and - much moreso - the Department of Transport like a tonne of bricks. Problem is, they're just taking the sensationalist whinge angle rather than actually addressing ANY of the actual problems. Of course, what do you expect? It's still infuriating, though.

Narrator: Suddenly the doors slammed closed

Woman (over the video): I didn't know what to do, I stared, helpless, at my children as the train rolled out. The last coherent though I remember is thinking I would never see them again.

Narrator: With her children's very lives at stake, the woman reached for the emergency break

*enter an angry looking conductor*

Conductor: Take your seat ma'am, we have a dead line to make
Woman: But my children!
Conductor: I don't have time for this nonsense, TAKE. YOUR. SEAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom