Vertigo vs. HMTMKMKM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HMTMKMKM is U2's most badass song (at least in terms of attitude), edging out both Acrobat & The Fly.

HMTMKMKM pretty easily, Vertigo was pretty good live, but had terrible lyrics. HMTMKMKM is more rocking and has very good lyrics. Musically, HMTMKMKM wins by a small margin, lyrically not even in the same building.

Two of the best U2 songs in their catalog. Lyrically, Hold Me rates among U2's best. But very few songs match the energy of Vertigo.

kingofsorrow said:

answer me this all you "i dismantled an atomic bomb in my living room and blew up the house" fans. what is vertigo about?

WTF?:huh:

if thats your way of saying HMTMKMKM is light years ahead of vertigo then I agree.:lol:

Studio: HMTMKMKM by a fair margin. Both songs are great anyway.

Live: Vertigo. HMTMKMKM is terrible live, and there's no reason for it to be; the band just couldn't do anything good with it.

Hold Me is lightyears ahead as a song. Vertigo is a better stadium jump starter though. I could live with never hearing Vertigo again - I mean that, it's not that good to me - but I adore Hold Me. They're too different though.

There should have been a poll on this one!

xaviMF22 said:

HMTMKMKM 's live mundane mediocrity >> Vertigos suckiness....:|

:wink:

turn it up loud CAPTAIN :rockon:

Awww... c'mon. Vertigo isn't sucky. It's a fun pop-rock song that actually has a theme (lost, confused - being rescued - very common for U2) that caught the attention of the world and created a ton more fans for U2. Plus, it rocks live.

Hold Me...Kill Me is also a fun pop-rock song with a theme (problems of stardom). But while it was a hit at the time, it didn't really become one of those songs fans clamored to hear live - perhaps because the PopMart version didn't really do much with it.

That said, I would like to see U2 bring Hold Me...Kill Me back into their concerts - at least every so often.

Still, I can see how fans might like the studio version of Hold Me...Kill Me more than Vertigo. But if Vertigo was compared to Discotheque... hmmm... Would the Pop fans come running to Discotheque's defense, even though logic dictates that Vertigo dominates both the studio and live? :hmm:

Zootlesque said:

Haha I love how people use words here.... Logic doesn't "dictate" shit! It's all about opinion!
and you seem to hijack hundreads of threads daily to get your opinion across

Zootlesque said:

:cute:

Don't change the subject!
if you look carefully i never actually changed the subject, i took you quote, and replied to a portion of that quote.

Back
Top Bottom