vertigo Tour(the name sucks so much)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"iTour" might be the funniest thing I've ever heard! :laugh:

Oh my God, that's so fucking funny....just...man....:lmao:

Good one. :up:

I'm really not ashamed to be a U2 fan no matter what they call the tour. It's insignificant, the name, actually. And can someone please translate what the hell ponkine was saying (other than the same ol' thing)?

Reggie Thee Dog said:
And can someone please translate what the hell ponkine was saying (other than the same ol' thing)?

*clears throat*

WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, someone please look at meeeeeee!!!! I need attention toooooooooooo!

Lancemc said:

*clears throat*

WWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, someone please look at meeeeeee!!!! I need attention toooooooooooo!

It's Bongolese ( a close relative of Bonolese)
Just kidding :wink:

Have they ever named a Tour after their first single?

- Boy Tour
- War Tour
- UF Tour
- JT Tour
- Lovetown Tour
- ZooTV Tour
- Popmart Tour
- Elevation Tour

So you could say this is new and inventive...:wink:

Needle_Chill said:
Have they ever named a Tour after their first single?

- Boy Tour
- War Tour
- UF Tour
- JT Tour
- Lovetown Tour
- ZooTV Tour
- Popmart Tour
- Elevation Tour

So you could say this is new and inventive...:wink:

Good point.;)

Re: Re: vertigo Tour(the name sucks so much)

ponkine said:

Well I feel the same way my friend :tsk: :down:

finally time is giving me right :silent: do you remember when I said - and I was offended by many fans like sleep over jack and many other ones - "Elevation Tour II" ?... who was right ?

PLEASE :tsk:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You don't seem to be into them that much for a long time now, it's all went down hill since AB by the way you talk about 'em! so why worry about a tour name now. It's just a name, jez, why are people getting so upset about a name for anyway.

Lo-Fi said:
It's just a name, jez, why are people getting so upset about a name for anyway.

Do you not understand, Lo-Fi? It's a matter of life and death. This is not a problem, this is not a crisis, but an EMERGENCY. Oh, the immense pain that this tour name has inflicted on some poor souls is too much to bear. Let us start a fund and do live shows, so that we can raise money for these poor, unfortunate people to campaign against changing the tour name. Let us pray for them.

*plays world's smallest violin*

Meanwhile, the sensible among us don't give a flying monkeys - something to do with having lives, I suspect.

Last edited:
bonosleftone said:
Who cares about what the tour is freakin called. It could be called "Bonos NAMBLA Bonanza" and Id still go.

406.jpg

Cool. Now people can add moaning about the tour name after having moaned about the album wait, the second Best of, the (downloaded) songs, the album, the lyrics, the music, Bono's voice, production...can't wait for the setlist complaints.

Why don't we rename this forum to a Henry Rollins site?

I can't think of any U2 tour where they didn't have a good name for it, myself.

Last edited:
U2girl said:
Cool. Now people can add moaning about the tour name after having moaned about the (downloaded) songs, the album, the lyrics, the music...can't wait for the setlist complaints.

Why don't we rename this forum to a Henry Rollins site?

I can't think of any U2 tour where they didn't have a good name for it, myself.

I agree. It's gonna be hell once the tour starts. "Oh my God, why do they keep playing this song last! Oh my God, they never change the setlist. Oh my God, I hate the stage setup. Oh my God, whatever happened to the POPMART days. Oh my God, Why are they playing so many songs form the new album? WAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!"

They should call it "We have a lot of brainless whiney fans tour" That would be the most realistic tour name they could ever come up with.

Yahweh said:
They should call it "We have a lot of brainless whiney fans tour" That would be the most realistic tour name they could ever come up with.

Brilliant name for the first leg.
Second leg should be called the "We Also Have Loads Of Pretty Smart Fans Who Complain About The Brainless Whiners Thereby Becoming Brainy Whiners Themselves Tour".

We'd have to come up with an appropriate acronym of course that would suit us :lol:

Last edited:
I don't care what the tour name is - In fact if they wanted the setlist to consist of all of the remixes to Even Better than the Real Thing -I would be there
yes, even the V16 Exit Wound Remix:wink:

Yahweh said:

or the flipside to that, Bono's Blind Sheep

I get tired of the constant bitching and moaning about the dumbest of things, but I also get tired of the constant lapdogs who believe U2 can do no wrong, ever at any time and that Bono is Jesus and never wrote a bad lyric and every move they have made is unquestionable and shoiuld never be questioned.

So, I just say, let people have their takes. If you've spent time on this board you know the posters who bitch that its not 1993 anymore and those that think Bono shits gold and is perfect.
I get sick of the both of those groups, which has made this forum less tolerable recently.

I can guarantee you in the next few days there will be a negative thread bitching about the dumbest of things, and then there will be the apologist sheep who have come to lay claim that U2 can do no wrong. It happens over and over and over.

Re: Re: vertigo Tour(the name sucks so much)

Axver said:

So this tour is your child?

Oh, right. It's so obvious. I can't believe I didn't know earlier.

:lmao:

Whether it's "good" or not, I said it would be the Vertigo tour to many naysayers and I was right!! :wink:

What some people who have complained here perhaps have missed out on is that the name for this tour is the natural counterpart to that of the previous tour. Elevation, followed by Vertigo, get it....?

Back
Top Bottom