vertigo guitar sound

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anirban

Acrobat
ok...in the chorus after the bridge at around 2:22, am i just hearing things or does the guitar sound change dramatically from the previous choruses? it sounds like either a more sustained overdrive on the guitar or some kind of distortion on the bass. either way, it's a very unique effect and produces a very full sound. it almost sounds like a bow dragging across some kind of electric string instrument with distortion. i don't think they have used this effect before... or maybe i'm just crazy and have listened to the song more times than is healthy :huh:

I don't hear any difference between that and the other choruses...

I agree with you Anirban. I hear that too. I don't what Edge uses there but I think it's the same sound he used for Elevation! Man that was a great sound! :drool:

TheBrazilianFly said:
I agree with you Anirban. I hear that too. I don't what Edge uses there but I think it's the same sound he used for Elevation! Man that was a great sound! :drool:

i think you're right about elevation. now that i think about it maybe the end part of elevation where he plays that downward progression on the low notes is the same effect ... just sounds different cause of what is being played

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom