'Vertigo' allegedly will be played today on Southern CA radio station

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
go to your audio properties (accessories, entertainment, volume properties) then go to properties and chose recording...then mark the box under "what u hear" (for win xp) and then when you record using any program it will record the stream...

It's Labor Day... no rush hour. But there are boat loads of people heading home from the holiday weekend. Who knows. And yes, it's 2pm here in California.

They're not going to play it. It is just hype. They say they have it, but really they don't. At the end, they'll just say that management pressure got to them and they can't play it.

please prove me wrong!

Roland of Gilead said:
They're not going to play it. It is just hype. They say they have it, but really they don't. At the end, they'll just say that management pressure got to them and they can't play it.

please prove me wrong!

unfortunately, i think you're right.

it's kind of odd that they didn't save this big U2 day for the 24th though.

sorry can't wait any longer have 2 go 2 bed.
I pray someone has the link to Vertigo in the morning
night night all

Do they have DJs on this station? Where's the voice that's going to tell us what's going on?

I can't imagine McGuinness getting stroppy or sueing over this (if it actually happens).. after all he's the fella that has used the phrase 'corporate sense of humour' on more that one occasion.. it would be very corporate for U2 Inc. to start sending legal letters to radio stations that have (maybe) been given the new song to whet their appetites in readiness for the new campaign and to *horror*..actually play it. Plus they are playing non-stop U2. Is this a major station in Calif?

I'm not convinced about this .. I can't sense a build up at all.

i'm not sure Jim. someone earlier tried to call the station twice but got no answer.

i probably called 20 times and nothing

indie 103.1 is a relatively new and small station, but its been getting really popular lately, and it should. it plays really great music, not that shit on KROQ

their website talks about a bunch of other stuff the staion is organizing/involved with but there is no mention of monday bloody monday... well at least that i could find...

I wanna be the song that I have a crappy 90 second recording of!
- in full quality
zigzag - I've got emails out to the river and the point here in STL - still no word from either yet

the fact that they're a smaller station and that since i've been listening they haven't come close to mentioning "Vertigo", i'm almost 100% positive that we won't be hearing it today.

Yea, if they were to play it today, they would keep mentioning it so that viewers would stay tuned.

i can't think of a reason why an american radio station would play an irish band all day on an american holiday UNLESS there was something grand planned

mikal said:
i'm not sure Jim. someone earlier tried to call the station twice but got no answer.

I really don't think anyone is even at the station right now, at least in the DJ booth. The weird order the songs are coming in just screams CD mixer on "random" play to me.

Meh, this Swedish mattress commercial :crazy:

Last edited:
nurse chrissi said:
I wanna be the song that I have a crappy 90 second recording of!
- in full quality
zigzag - I've got emails out to the river and the point here in STL - still no word from either yet

Eh, both the river and the point are pretty crappy when it comes to doing what the listeners want. I had to listen to their station since I'm on the TMBG street team for an entire day, and they must have played the same 10 songs every single hour. They probably won't play the new song until its proven popular.

On another note though, the college radio station in Godfrey/Alton just played Pride (live), which is odd of them to play U2 and said, "That's U2 with Pride, their new album is coming out in November!". But the DJs there don't really know anything since they're literaly just teenagers running the station.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom