Vancouver Olympics - Part II - ATTENTION: SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw an interview with Harper last night. I'm so far left of Harper it's not even funny, but he seemed so human in this interview. He said that Canadians are inherently patriotic, we're just not demonstrative about it...and I agree. Thanks to all the athletes and everyone involved for giving me to opportunity to be demonstrative. :) :hug:

This. :up: He also said something about us waiting for an opportunity to show our patriotism, and this was it.

It's been an incredible 17 days. :love: I've had an amazing time, and am so sad it's over.

I just got back from the Dundas Square celebrations. What a fucking game! Good on the USA for making it a good one. I nearly had a heart attack. When Crosby scored the winner, the bar when absolutely ape shit. Such an amazing feeling. The partying in the streets afterward was insane. What a game. What a night. Go Canada!!!!!!! :D

(and the CN Tower was lit up gold tonight!)

Another awesome part of the day: Right after Canada won, everyone in the bar sang O Canada, followed by We Are the Champions, followed then by a spirited version of this

YouTube - Don't Stop Believin by Journey

Every single person in the bar singing at the top of their lungs. It was a hilariously awesome celebration

k-os could have gone with a much better song, ie "Heaven Only Knows" or "Crabbuckit". He's actually really good live in a club.

I've actually been in the kitchen for the past few artists. k-os brought me back. and even he's doing questionable songs.

Yeah. I was SOO happy to see him there but the song selection was not right. The choreography was cool however.

For K-OS Born To Run would have been perfect imo!! Perfect mix of rock n hiphop. B-Boy Stance if he wanted to stay totally hiphop.

Alanis was the only other thing worth watching although I didn't mind Marie of course ;)

Anyone catch the looks on people's faces during Nickleback Hedley and Simple Plan? Note to world: we actually don't listen to these bands up here. :lol:

Neil Young :up:

Where were Rush? Arcade Fire? Barenaked Ladies? Fuck, Glass Tiger or Triumph? :lol: I shudder to say: Tragically Hip or even - groan - Sloan?

(aside: Alan Frew co-wrote that annoying I Believe song. Wisely let the other dude take all the credit, tho! :lol: )

GO CANADA!!! What an amazing finish!! :)

Unfortunately my power went out during the women's figure skating final Thursday night (big wind and rain storm), as soon as Mao Asada had started. So I never saw Joannie Rochette or any of the others after Yu Na Kim-so after that I was kind of bitter about the Olympics.

I tried watching some of the closing ceremonies but after 10 I was trying to watch another show. I did see Shatner, how very embarrassing..wtf?

Of course NBC cut them off at 10:30 for that God awful new Jerry Seinfeld show The Marriage Ref.

i'm crossing my fingers for mixed doubles curling in 2014

that way we have more chances to see the chicks :drool:

I thought the closing ceremonies were a little odd. That whole comedy bit seemed very out-of-place (although Michael J Fox looks great!), and the less said about that whole Michael Buble-Busby Berkley musical number, the better.

I did really like the intro, with the tongue-in-cheek fixing of the torches. Well-played, Canada!

I thought the closing ceremonies were a little odd. That whole comedy bit seemed very out-of-place

As well as being not funny.

I loved Neil Young, I looooved the giant inflated beavers, but the concert bit was horrific, to put it mildly.

I guess logic isn't a strong point with the 'journalists' in Russia.

If we played so poorly against Slovakia and barely squeaked by against USA, either that means both Slovakia and USA ALSO are doped up, or of course there is the possibility that we doped up JUST to play the Russians.. :rolleyes:

Or, of course, the most likely possibility: you just suck now Russia. GFY! :wave:

I wouldn't take pravda.ru too seriously. They've also published articles entitled "Mutilated Farm Animals Most Likely Victims of UFO Experiments" and "Killer UFOs hide in lakes", among many other off-the-wall ones. There's a link to "Aliens Land in Russia" right under the Olympic article on the home page.

I do like that Ovechkin essentially has told the NHL/Bettman to go F*** themselves if players are not allowed in the Olympics in 2014.

Yes, that's great. And seriously, what could be better for hockey in the U.S. (Bettman's raison d'etre it would seem!) than something like yesterday's game?!

Pravda's assertion that a drug that can improve performance overnight exists is intriguing. How much does it cost, and where can I buy it?

Just caught up on the thread :happy:

VP - :love: You're hilarious! :hug:

The last thing I saw of the closing ceremonies was Michael Buble, then they cut to the Marriage Ref. There was supposed to be an hour of something following the nightly news, but I didn't catch that. So I never saw half of those Canadian performers you guys mentioned. :shrug:

All I got to see of the hockey game were the highlights on the news - basically the 5 goals. Wished I could have been home to watch. Congratulations Canada! Nice ending to the Winter 2010 games :applaud: :up: I did see Miller walking into the closing ceremonies. I think they mentioned that many of the players wouldn't be there as some had games starting tonight in the NHL.

Back
Top Bottom