US Politics XXXVIII: "Patriots" vs Reality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now he's hawking $400 sneakers, I guess the perfume is for when the sneakers start to smell? At Sneaker Con, con being the operative word
Eau De Criminal Clown
AP Logo
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — As he closes in on the Republican presidential nomination, former President Donald Trump made a highly unusual stop Saturday, hawking new Trump-branded sneakers at “Sneaker Con,” a gathering that bills itself as the “The Greatest Sneaker Show on Earth.”

Trump was met with loud boos as well as cheers at the Philadelphia Convention Center as he introduced what he called the first official Trump footwear.

The shoes, shiny gold high tops with an American flag detail on the back, are being sold as “Never Surrender High-Tops” for $399 on a new website that also sells other Trump-branded shoes and “Victory47” cologne and perfume for $99 a bottle.

Taylor's new album in April must be full of secret messages to vote for Biden. In the old days they called it backward masking.

The CIA and FBI should investigate this very serious matter.

This is a party that is too online to survive. Normies -- and there are a lot of us -- will think they are far too weird to elect.
This is ultimately where DeSantis destroyed his chances. He went all in with the online culture wars thinking that Twitter(X) was real life and it's just not a large percentage of society. It kinda works in FL because they're essentially a echo chamber with very little democratic opposition. So he thinks all his woke talk and bills are winning messages, but its just a loop within his own crazy base.

I read today that Biden is telling his campaign to start focusing more on the "crazy shit" Trump is saying. Trump has basically been hidden from the mainstream politics for a few years. Only his trials and legal issues are brought up. He's saying even dumber things at his rallies and interviews, and people need to be reminded why they find him so toxic.

Hammer home that he is the reason why abortion is illegal, and a second term means IVF, Contraception, no-fault marriage, as well as marriage equality are all in serious danger.

I still believe Biden should win. The biggest risk for him (besides his age/health) is voter turnout and democrats staying home. I really don't think Israel / Palestine is enough to cost him any states as it appears that's a "online" issue more than real world. Most people support our relationship with Israel, though I personally would like to see some conditions thrown on aid seeing how their leaders have handled their 10/7 response.

The biggest risk for him (besides his age/health) is voter turnout and democrats staying home. I really don't think Israel / Palestine is enough to cost him any states as it appears that's a "online" issue more than real world. Most people support our relationship with Israel, though I personally would like to see some conditions thrown on aid seeing how their leaders have handled their 10/7 response.
Agreed. The D's need to talk about normal issues and run on policies that will help people. I think most people have a somewhat nuanced view towards Israel/Palestine, and most people don't make their opinion on this one particular conflict their entire identity. But if you spend a lot of time online you'd never know this.

Twitter is not real life for most, although it is for some.

So does Trump do any debates this election ? If he doesn’t, does that mean we can just get rid of them since they’re nothing but 30 second adverts….

We need Trump talking more and more. His views on abortion, deportation camps, immigration, taxes, Ukraine : NATO….basically every position and policy he touts caters to a base that cannot win the election on their own (and caters to his master Putin).

Biden and Dems need to figure out a way to show everything they’ve done in these four years. Which is a lot. And make it so obvious and dumb that it sticks

Agree, though their rep is a bombastic fool. I absolutely feel for the plight of Palestinians, they have been made a pawn by both sides. The Arab world and from Israel. And to be thousands of miles away from such misery and feeling helpless, of course you'd lash out at the President for appearing to show no reservations in their backing of Israel's war efforts.

What doesn't help is calling anyone who shows any sympathy for Israel an enabler of GENOCIDE!!! Just as showing any empathy for the Palestine to be terrorist/Hamas supporters.
Politics is not black and white like some want or claim it to be. Sometimes your vote is for someone that supports policy that isn't in your interest or support for what you believe in. In the past you might be able to show a protest vote because the other side of the isle wasn't a insane fascist nazi style movement.

People are free to vote or not vote. Unfortunately throwing away a vote means you may be throwing it away for good. A vote for Biden/Democrats means you have a chance to bring change in the future. A Trump win means you'll be deported or living in a real state of fear of it happening.

It is not an easy decision to make. To try and control your emotions and see clearly what is best for you and the community you love when the feeling is helplessness and anger

I do believe Joe Biden to be a good man. This election is not between lesser of two evils. Evil is on one side.

I think even good people do their absolute best of horrible situations and are still left with horrible outcomes. Its nature. It’s life.

Also

Are we really going to ignore Russian interference again ???

That Project 2025 is really something. Going all out, even in some Heritage circles discussing how casual sex should be managed.

Real Handmaidens vibes.

Basically it reads like Christian version of Sharia

Nikki Haley is a spineless sell out hypocrite. In no real world is Biden more dangerous than Trump, even his dog Commander isn't and he bit Secret Service agents 24 times.

Biden is actually wanting to reinstate a Trump immigration prevention measure, saw that briefly on the news this morning but I don't know all the details. Cynical me says that's an election strategy. We do desperately need real immigration reform, the current situation is not sustainable. And I'm not a bigot and and I believe that immigrants built this country to what it is and contribute so many positive things to this country.

The situation we have now is a result of the government failures to pass that reform for many many years.

this whole "embryos frozen in a lab are children" is the funniest and also most logical conclusion of the idea that a living human person equivalent to a first grader or 55-year old piano teacher is instantly created at the moment of conception.

good luck with this, GOP.

They’re not stopping at cells. They want to regulate sex. No more wild and crazy hookups, every thrust must serve the purpose of God and hit the target! More babies!!!!

Back
Top Bottom