US Politics XXXVII: hiiiii Kevin, I’m your biggest fan!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:yippie: :yippie: :yippie: :yippie:
It's a beautiful day don't let it get away!

Particularly for those of us in NYC who watched his cruel, smug face especially after he started up with Obama's "birth certificate" crap and he thought he'd Never Get Caught for Anything - this alone is sweet karma!

Hopefully either GA, or J6 will soon follow.

I heard on my democraticunderground site that someone I guess in 'the burbs' started setting off fireworks as soon as it got dark! :happy:

By the way, the reason they made the law "must be born in US" to be president was to prevent a person from becoming president who secretly hated America and was a foreign asset.

So basically every single thing Trump did and still does.

Bring on President Arnold.

bragg should have waited until willis was done.

an open-and-shut election fraud case with ample physical evidence in the form of audio recordings is easy for people to understand and there's essentially zero chance of him skating on those charges.

this business with stormy daniels and election finance laws is murky and confusing for the average person, and there's a pretty decent chance trump's lawyers get these charges dropped and/or he is found not guilty. if any of that comes to pass, getting any other indictment to land instantly becomes 10000x more difficult.

willis has a slam-dunk election fraud case on her plate, and she really should have gone first so that trump was more or less guaranteed to be convicted. then popping him for campaign finance violations would have been a much easier afterthought.

alas, here we are, and i hope i'm dead wrong about all of this. but i'm genuinely concerned that they just made an enormous strategic blunder that could have been easily avoided.

We should not schedule cases in the order of importance.

If they have the goods, they should indict. And they did

The longer things wait, the more potentially complicated they become.

Someone has already been tried, convicted and imprisoned on this same case (by Bill Barr's Justice Department, nonetheless).

Willis took an unnecessary step by putting forward a special grand jury just to check on whether or not to send it to a grand jury. She's doing double work in order to prove that it's not political. It could still be months (or weeks). We just don't know.

Same with Jack Smith. The documents case was ready, but Garland walked it back after Trump announced he was running. Again - concerned about politics.

Bragg actually stopped this case two years ago, claiming it wasn't strong enough. Multiple prosecutors quit because they disagreed. But then something changed, and he has more evidence now.

Last edited:
It's SEALED so it was some expert on CNN saying my sources say... and then everyone repeats it... so right now 100% official, but leaks have been pretty good...

But this is and always has been how news works. Seldom do reports go back on their words, and that person would probably get the ax if they weren’t reliable.

We should not schedule cases in the order of importance.

If they have the goods, they should indict. And they did

It should be a lawful process. They should be unrelated entirely. Trump should be given due process and respect with no assumption of guilt before the presence of evidence.

We the people know this man stands against everything that processed described stands for.

“I moved on her like a bitch”

He told us he was a bitch years ago.

Only in these stupid times would there be speculation that an indictment may help a political candidate.

Can he govern from Russia? There's nothing in the law about that...

Last edited:
Only in these stupid times would there be speculation that an indictment may help a political candidate.

oh my god it's so incredibly dumb.

sure - this may help him with the hardest of hardcore trump people.

but it sure as shit doesn't help with the suburban women who voted him out in 2020.

and that's the ballgame, folks.

Yes, cause there's probably millions of voters who went with Joe Biden in November 2020

Saw Trump and Republicans behavior leading up to Jan 6th....

Then Jan 6th happened......

All the stories that have come out about stealing/holding onto sensitive documents, refusing to give them back without a warrant.....

But what brings them back to Trump is he's indicted.

He's got no supporters protesting in NYC, and he's got about a baker's dozen in FL.

I think the biggest risk is some lone wolf attacker, like the Cincinnati criminal who shot up the FBI.

Trump still has a large enough base that the GQP cannot quit him, so they're going to try and make it seem like "what's a few indictments???" ignoring their calls for Hillary to be locked up every single day

this business with stormy daniels and election finance laws is murky and confusing for the average person, and there's a pretty decent chance trump's lawyers get these charges dropped and/or he is found not guilty. if any of that comes to pass, getting any other indictment to land instantly becomes 10000x more difficult.

The unsealing of the actual indictment will be a pretty real & consequential moment.
Hopefully will make things less murky for the average person with any interest in the process.

One thing's for sure, our entire media is luvin them even more Trump! ratings & clicks
:love:

Fskt3gRXgAIwgBa

fair and balanced.

By the way, the reason they made the law "must be born in US" to be president was to prevent a person from becoming president who secretly hated America and was a foreign asset.

So basically every single thing Trump did and still does.

So another 'foreign asset' guy in the forum.
I hear where you're comin from now, clerks, for sure.

*sigh*

For those of you who don't know the NY Daily News
hates drumphf

Headache this is especially for you former NYS'r (you lived over the City Line in LI amirite)

Let's see if this works (has elesewhere)

https://i.postimg.cc/k578Rk4N/Screenshot-20230331-232941.png

dang worked on democraticunderground site (screen grab). oh well
You'll see it if you click on it. :up:

Last edited:
Shout out to Moonlit Angel

Was that Horrendous Tornado near you?! :ohmy:

It was not, no! We lucked out big time in my area - we were under a tornado watch, but all we ultimately got was a bit of rain and some thunder that lasted, like, a half hour at most. Now we're under a winter weather advisory, because what even is spring in Iowa :p?

The stories coming out of the storms that hit eastern Iowa, though...:(.

As for the main topic, I know what I'm hoping for and would love to see in relation to all of this stuff with Trump, but ultimately, if this could just lead to him disappearing somewhere where the rest of us never had to hear, see, or deal with him ever again, that'd be fine with me.

And if he could take his cult followers and the GOP as a whole with him as well, all the better.

Won't happen, of course, but a girl can dream...

I'm not so sure about lone wolf, the DA is reportedly being inundated with racist emails and death threats. Such as "we are everywhere and we have guns" .

It truly is frightening how far gone these people are. And it shows the real manipulative powers of a narcissist.

I'm not so sure about lone wolf, the DA is reportedly being inundated with racist emails and death threats. Such as "we are everywhere and we have guns" .

It truly is frightening how far gone these people are. And it shows the real manipulative powers of a narcissist.

We've always looked upon regimes like the Nazis and similar and thought how absurd it is/was that a country could end up like that, yet we seem to be spiraling towards similar here now. It's mind blowing.

We've always looked upon regimes like the Nazis and similar and thought how absurd it is/was that a country could end up like that, yet we seem to be spiraling towards similar here now. It's mind blowing.

I agree, wish I could leave honestly. Every day I wish that, between this and the mass shootings.

So another 'foreign asset' guy in the forum.
I hear where you're comin from now, clerks, for sure.

*sigh*

Being on a U2 fan site and naming myself Clerks and telling everyone I'm Jewish wasn't enough clues that I may not like 45?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom