US Politics XXXVI: Special Masters of our Domain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
there's no blindness. they all know exactly what they're doing.

This goes back to the “honest broker” phenomenon — people who both sides things think of themselves as being fair minded, critical thinkers.

Divided American government against provable truth as opposed to "alternative facts" is the end of us. Divided American government that justifies and excuses insurrection is the end of us. Ditto for false claims of election fraud. Believing anything because it's constantly repeated has no basis in reality. The list grows longer by the day.

Sure seems like end times to me. This country is a toilet dumpster fire.

6zjx2o.jpg

Money is scary. Elon doesn’t necessarily have the GOP in his interest with Twitter. But he now has power over his own interests, including government.

elon doesn't have shit. if this was 200 years ago, he would more or less have just bought a printing press full of termites and rust for the price of a brand new one.

if he had sold tickets to a show where he just set fire to a pile of 44 billion dollars cash, he probably still would've end up making more money than he ever will from twitter.

the only people coming out of this positively or with any kind of power are twitter's former shareholders.

Last edited:
Elon needs to start turning his skin orange to fully complete his transformation. I will stay on Twitter as long as i find it useful for news. If those people i follow drop and it turns into 4chan and OnlyFans, no thanks. Someone else will develop a new platform without the crazy

Found this thread interesting. Especially cause a friend has mentioned this book a few days ago and it shows up in my feed

https://twitter.com/sethcotlar/status/1588218020283183104?s=46&t=lR_CSPQs44iDL7wkv9DKcw

https://twitter.com/sethcotlar/status/1588221250333478913?s=46&t=lR_CSPQs44iDL7wkv9DKcw

Basically the crux of it. We are willing to let things slide if it means we have power or don’t lose it.

I do wonder if the GQP take over and then completely trash everything, and i mean everything, that’s the only way most will wake up. Too many (including some drive by posters) seem to live in state of delusion that if this anti democracy party takes over, America (Bono’s idea of it) is so strong it’ll deflect and we keep on business as usual.

Instead it may take mass suffering of millions at home and across the world (Ukraine and Europe) to finally hammer home the truth. Laying rest that a divided government/society is really a good thing

Vs a diverse representation

Do you consider one party refusing to concede electoral losses as definition of division ?

It's a garden variety midterm election.
With all of the histrionics we've come to know and :heart: in the era of social media.

I also agree

A gallon of gas means a lot more than other peoples rights and freedoms. Or even basic functionality of government.

The GQP policy for reducing inflation is to investigate Hunter Biden. Or impeach the entire executive branch.

This isn’t the old debate of how to spend government $$$. We aren’t even hearing the old reduce the debt / deficit

I’m afraid it’s going to take the GQP completely ruining things for people to finally pay more attention. Way worse than the Trump term and that was bad enough considering his administration helped facilitate the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people regarding covid mismanagement (and to throw a bone operation warp speed was a smashing success)

This is correct.

People will vote for gas, and we are going to have 2 years of Hunter Biden hysteria, and that will fuel another easy D presidential victory in 2024, whether it’s Biden or not.

Also, women will be told that they are less important than the price of gas, and they will be told this by other women as well.

Jay Inslee needs to be on someone’s ticket if there will be democratic challengers. He’s up for re-election then anyways.

Trump declaring a run for 2024 president is probably the second best early christmas present the democrats could ask for.

Might as well make some predictions...

ok. I'm not gonna get into the House seats. I'm guessing Repubs take it by about 10 seats.

So let's focus on the tied Senate seats.

I'm gonna say

PA - Fetterman by about 3 points
GA - Warnock by 2 but will be around 49-47 - 48-46 leading to a runoff
AZ - Kelly wins by 3ish
NV - I think Mastro will win by less than 10,000 votes and there will be recounts and lawsuits to follow
OH - Extraordinarily sadly, just disgustingly, Vance will win by about 3 points. Ryan is a blueprint of what Dems need to look at to the future of the party. Along with Beto O'Rourke. MAGA shit-dicks are leaving a few million very moderate, sane Repubs homeless out there. Ryan and Beto running in +9 red states will both IMO end up coming within about 3 points away from winning. The party needs to take a lesson from these guys who are genuinely speaking to ALL people from every party and changing minds along the way.
NC - Sadly Budd will win by about 3 points.
WI - Probably the most disgusting of all. Russian asset Johnson will win by about 4 points against BLACK crime-lover Barnes. Fuck that traitorous POS.

Take your guesses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom