US Politics XXXVI: Special Masters of our Domain

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be (and will be) an embarrassing few days for the Republicans.

And at the same time, a very healthy exercise of the House process :up:

It’s true. Today I learned that the President Pro Tempore of the Senate is third in line for the presidency … usually. Not today! She (Patty Murray D-WA) is currently second in line. Because there is no Speaker of the House.

I also learned that the GOP base sure likes their Speakers to be former wrestling coaches.

I fixed it for you

Thank you.

Also, we understand that this clown show isn’t really about McCarthy, or Gym Jordan. (Please note: more young people were sexually abused under Gym’s watch than have ever been abused at a drag show; Dennis Hastert has sexually abused more children than any drag Queen anywhere).

It’s about chaos and shutting the government down so bad actors in the world can do more of what they like with less interference from the US. And about giving the base the sense that, somewhere, somehow, libs and RINOs are getting owned.

It’s true. Today I learned that the President Pro Tempore of the Senate is third in line for the presidency … usually. Not today! She (Patty Murray D-WA) is currently second in line. Because there is no Speaker of the House.

:D I'm sure you lost sleep over it.

:D I'm sure you lost sleep over it.

I always enjoy learning new things.

I am also resistant to the notion that the behavior of today’s GOP is merely democracy in action, and a healthy exercise in government.

The Democrats are a normal political party, with flaws and bad and good people who generally are committed to governing a country that is very challenging to govern.

Large portions of the GOP are not. Let’s stop the normalization of grifters, foreign assets, and barely literate insurrectionists.

I would not be shocked, if this remains deadlocked, that these “rebels” threaten to vote present and gift the speakership to Jeffries.

They simply don’t care. They aren’t interested in committee posts or working with others. This is all about themselves. They would see it as their only way and that McCarthy and the moderate wing of the party would be to blame.

Seems unfathomable, but look who we are talking about.

Who did Hugo Chavez corpse vote for ?

He’s the one responsible for all this

I hope the majority of the country sees what a absolute joke the GQP is.

Blah blah blah enemy of my enemy is my friend, but since when did conspiracy theorist of a conspiracy theorist become my friend? Never. Don’t retweet this person or give them any spotlight.

ok.

i didn't retweet them. i posted a tweet by an account that calls out the far right. or something. blah blah blah.

ok.

i didn't retweet them. i posted a tweet by an account that calls out the far right. or something. blah blah blah.

I mean I was referring to that account “calling them out” ie profiting off of their existence under the guise of “raising awareness.” I don’t think people fully capture the impact of the exposure we give to fringe people “in disgust.”

But in fairness, you quoting it here is the same thing as retweeting it. Idk who the fuck that guy is and, after googling him, I’d prefer if I never did.

Can't believe it's two years already, what a shameful day that was

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/01/05/biden-to-mark-jan-6-anniversary-by-warning-the-big-lie-remains-00076649

"Biden to mark Jan. 6 anniversary by warning the Big Lie remains

The president is planning a solemn address to mark the events of two years ago."

I mean I was referring to that account “calling them out” ie profiting off of their existence under the guise of “raising awareness.” I don’t think people fully capture the impact of the exposure we give to fringe people “in disgust.”

But in fairness, you quoting it here is the same thing as retweeting it. Idk who the fuck that guy is and, after googling him, I’d prefer if I never did.
k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom