US Politics XI - more threads than fired Trump cabinet members

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The WALL was a well thought out idea that Trump really thought was the best immigration solution during his campaign
Reality - Trump campaign advisers couldn't keep him focused during speeches on immigration reform, so they came up with the wall idea for him to talk about because it was simple enough for his tiny brain.

I truly don't know whether to laugh or cry at that. Probably both. That's just...pitiful. On so many levels.

As for all this talk about drugs, if we actually had a rational, intelligent, thoughtful president, they could address the fact that any issues related to the drug trade between the U.S. and Mexico are the result of our horribly handled "war on drugs", and they could work on reforming the way we handle drug abuse and other drug-related issues out there, and work with other people and groups both here and abroad to help take down the cartels that exist. That kind of action would go a long way towards cracking down on this problem.

But nah. Better to have this yahoo tackling such a complex issue with a suggestion that a five year old could tell you wouldn't work instead.

Stormy Daniels is offering alternative programming to Trump's speech. She's going to be folding laundry in her underwear on Instagram. That will have far more integrity than Trump's speech.

I think the president declaring a national emergency tonight would be executive overreach. Likely constitutional, likely to be held up in the courts forever and a day.

But we've been through the 'pen & the phone' powers of presidents before. Concentrated power of the executive is an unhealthy way to get around serious gridlock.

Congressional gridlock isn't a flaw of our system.

It’s obviously not a national emergency since for 2 years the buffoon and his party which controlled all prongs of the government did absolutely nothing. It belittles all of us with a brain to even have this discussion.

I’d argue if he declares a national emergency he’s literally “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.” Well, more like incapable of.

Shucks. I wish it was unable.

What was the point of those 9 minutes? I mean, really? Why are the networks allowing him to go on? He provided NOTHING new or newsworthy.

Rich people have walls. We must build a wall.

Rich people also have a roof. Let's build a roof over America and make Canada pay for it.

Looking at you, DaveC.

The roof needs to be retractable

Luckily we know a past poster who invented it....

This was nothing more than a distraction to the Mueller news. He has to keep our attention away from it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom