Updated 18+(!!!) minute audio thanks to our...friends at U2achtung

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
409 reminds me of The Wanderer. Which got me to thinking; J. Cash. I started listening and at 0:48 I think I hear Bono sing "Northern Star". What do you think?

Axver said:
Beatles, Bon Jovi, Christian soft rock, The Cure, Styx, Joy Division, Arcade Fire, U2 with Arcade Fire: I really, really love this place! :lol:

you forgot Kelly Clarkson!

virginwideweb430x2830xc6.jpg

Axver said:
Beatles, Bon Jovi, Christian soft rock, The Cure, Styx, Joy Division, Arcade Fire, U2 with Arcade Fire:

And now you can add Johnny Cash to the list. :wink:

Axver said:

These guys know PR and how to build hype. This is some effective hype-building if I've ever seen it. I too have to wonder how intentional it is.

So you think maybe this was done because they didn't originally sell out Hawaii!?! :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Oh, and Coldplay.

Can't forget the obligatory Coldplay comparisons :drool:

Everything sounds like Coldplay. Chris Martin invented the piano. Coldplay invented music. Even death metal.

Axver said:
Beatles, Bon Jovi, Christian soft rock, The Cure, Styx, Joy Division, Arcade Fire, U2 with Arcade Fire: I really, really love this place! :lol:

You haven't heard any similarities to other artists in any of the songs?

LemonMacPhisto said:

you forgot Kelly Clarkson!

Lyrics only (that someone else wrote).

Axver said:

That's it! I knew I'd omitted one but I couldn't remember who.

Oh, and BeeGees too.

and somebody early on mentioned Vanessa Williams...
:huh:

Yeah, I didn't stay away very long...

Axver said:

Everything sounds like Coldplay. Chris Martin invented the piano. Coldplay invented music. Even death metal.

My washing machine sounds like Coldplay. It's clunky and repetitive.

I don't hear "northern star," jay.

ntalwar said:

You haven't heard any similarities to other artists in any of the songs?

Oh, I have, I'm just saying, "the Beatles to Bon Jovi? It's funny how people hear the same song so vastly differently."

nice to see some still bitching :up: just wouldnt be the same if people werent bitching

p.s. this all sounds totally different to what ever i have EVER heard from U2, and this is what people wanted right?

ah right its now the wrong genre for you gotcha

KUEFC09U2 said:
nice to see some still bitching :up: just wouldnt be the same if people werent bitching

I think you're looking at the wrong thread, mate.

GibsonGirl said:

My washing machine sounds like Coldplay. It's clunky and repetitive.

:lmao: :lmao:

The Wallabies sound like Coldplay too: whiny, annoying, talentless. :wink:

KUEFC09U2 said:

gotta love the bitchin...though I haven't seen any myself in this thread:|

if anything this has gotten a positive reaction

To be more precise, Bono sounds like he sings "The Northern Staaaaaaaaar" from 0:47 to 0:51 of track 409. :wink:

Axver said:

Chris Martin invented bondage.

martinlikesleatherqk2.png

jay canseco said:
To be more precise, Bono sounds like he sings "The Northern Staaaaaaaaar" from 0:47 to 0:51 of track 409. :wink:

I don't hear anything that sounds like that.

Axver said:

:lmao: :lmao:

The Wallabies sound like Coldplay too: whiny, annoying, talentless. :wink:

True, and they both play like girls. :wink:

Back to what LMP said earlier, I do get a bit of an indie-pop vibe to the beat in 409. Whether it'll turn into indie-pop is a different matter entirely. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom