"Uno, Dos, Tres, Catorce"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moria

Babyface
One, two, three, fourteen? If my translation is correct.

Did Bono mean this or was it just a cock-up? :S
Is this U2's fourteenth album or something?

Look at the lyrics in the book — it says UNOS, dos, tres, catorce. I heard that unos is Latin for "about," and the two stands for the second book of the Bible, Exodus, then you have 3:14. So it's about Exodus 3:14. This talks about God saying he's the great I AM. If you look at the deluxe edition, in the book, you'll find that Bono wrote part of the verse out on the page with lyrics to "All Because of You." In that song, Bono changes it up a bit and says "All because of You, I am."

I'm not saying this is right, but it makes you think, huh?:hmm:

whackjester said:
u can't be serious.

Well, yeah, I was being serious. Uno, Dos, Tres Catorce DOES mean One, two, three fourteen. I don't have the book to look it up in to see what bono actually meant when he wrote it. I thought it was "uno" and not "unos". I don't have the HTAAB cd, I got it from iTunes for my ipod so I couldn't look up the lyrics in it. The site that I went on to find the lyrics said it was "uno" and not "unos".

Thanks for clearing this up coemgen, that sounds right.

actually, that couldnt be correct. Spanish is my first language, and UNOS does not mean about. de, sobre, usually would be about. unos translates: uno- one
s- plural
so that would mean unos means ones
sorry to burst everyone's bubble, it would be cool though if it was about that passage in the Bible

:lol: StElevation

I don't think anyone really knows, including Bono. He said several times there was drink involved in those lines.

ha yeah thats what i heard in a paper he said "there may have been some drink involved"

so yeah. give him a break!

that's if Bono isn't God in the first place!

just kidding about that, of COURSE Bono isnt God! so no one, get on my case, K?

Wow, I''m surprised no one else has brought this up during the last three months.

I know it's kind of a tangent, but what does everyone else think of POP? I've been waiting for that topic to come up for a while, also.

strannix said:
Wow, I''m surprised no one else has brought this up during the last three months.

I know it's kind of a tangent, but what does everyone else think of POP? I've been waiting for that topic to come up for a while, also.

You Sarcastic Bastard:wink:

Boy
October
War
Under A Blood Red Sky
The Unforgettable Fire
Wide Awake In America
The Joshua Tree
Rattle And Hum
Achtung Baby
Zooropa
Original Soundtracks Vol. 1 (as Passengers)
Pop
All That You Can't Leave Behind
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb

I count 14.
Solved.

lol whats with all the hostility guys?
its a valid question and a valid point, if you dont want to read any more topics about the line then why enter a thread called "uno dos tres catorce"?!

the gun is loaded... i'm now slowly lifting it into my mouth...

the whole thing about how lillywhite produced the first three albums and now the 14th... even though original soundtracks wasn't even a u2 album so that list actually has only 13 u2 albums... is about as logical as my assertion that 1, 2, 3, 14 are actually Bono's favorite lotto numbers.

Last edited:
since this topic has arisen AGAIN, i will state my theory.

Unos- derived from greek unoscis (meaning The One Great Being)

Dos - Derived form Greek dosopolis (meaning city in the sky)

Tres - treswa (french for meeting)

catorce - spanish for fourteen

Therefore, Bono's dad, who died on the fourteenth, is meeting God in heaven. Very simple.

maybe ...........................just maybe bono fucked up....................................i'll wait for you now to all come to niagara falls and crusify me onto a giant lemon.

seriously though shit happens, i read in an article bono stated "liqour may have been involved"

ultrraviolette said:
It's a wonder newbies post at all with the way their threads are sometimes treated :eyebrow:

This might be easily solved if the search function was enabled for non-premium members. :yes:

Providing, of course, that everyone used it. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom