Unalaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:
Except for competitive sailing, that's an amazing sport. Great fun, too.

This is true.

I was lucky enough to still be in New Zealand when Black Magic took out the America's Cup. I remember going to the victory parade in Wellington and seeing the Cup.

RIP Sir Peter Blake. :sad:

Axver said:

It's better than all four I listed too. Unbelievable and ridiculous, but true. You have to be braindead to enjoy American football. It's clearly played slowly enough so that the braindead can keep up.

For people outside America the long breaks are intended for seeing how quick you can go to and from the kitchen/bathroom/mailbox

Axver said:

Don't blame me. Blame a temperature above 38C.

I can actually feel my brain struggling to process what I'm saying.

If this were last night's discussion, we'd be going like "Uh... Buddhism... is cool. Yeah."

major_panic said:

I can actually feel my brain struggling to process what I'm saying.

If this were last night's discussion, we'd be going like "Uh... Buddhism... is cool. Yeah."

:lmao:

I had to go out and buy a course reader and a larger pot too. Fuck, I almost died waiting for my tram home outside Vic Market.

coolian2 said:

For people outside America the long breaks are intended for seeing how quick you can go to and from the kitchen/bathroom/mailbox

How many times do you need to go to the kitchen, bathroom, or letterbox, though? 10,000 in four hours? I think not.

Axver said:

:lmao:

I had to go out and buy a course reader and a larger pot too. Fuck, I almost died waiting for my tram home outside Vic Market.

*shudder* I am SO glad that I haven't had a reason to venture outside my house yet. It's so hot I'm actually contemplating finding some kind of huge tub to fill with water and sit in.

Back in Asia, it was never this hot. Or if it was, it was humid too, so you never really felt it. :madspit:

bono_man2002 said:
You're confused with the two most boring sports known to man kind.

Yes, but he's American. As cool as he is, the side of his brain that appreciates sport is unfortunately retarded.

Axver said:

How many times do you need to go to the kitchen, bathroom, or letterbox, though? 10,000 in four hours? I think not.

Americans clearly need to go to the kitchen every few minutes. Otherwise, their waist size might actually stay stable, and we wouldn't want that now, would we?

major_panic said:

*shudder* I am SO glad that I haven't had a reason to venture outside my house yet. It's so hot I'm actually contemplating finding some kind of huge tub to fill with water and sit in.

Back in Asia, it was never this hot. Or if it was, it was humid too, so you never really felt it. :madspit:

I'm on the verge of sticking my head in the freezer.

And actually, I think humid heat is much, much worse than Melbourne's dry heat. Here, although it's hot, I find I can still function as long as I have enough to drink. In Queensland, the humidity was oppressive. I just wanted to die. I'm convinced 26C in Queensland is just as bad as 33C in Melbourne; 30C there as bad as 38C here.

major_panic said:
Americans clearly need to go to the kitchen every few minutes. Otherwise, their waist size might actually stay stable, and we wouldn't want that now, would we?

AMERICANS = OWNED.

:laugh:

Axver said:

I'm on the verge of sticking my head in the freezer.

And actually, I think humid heat is much, much worse than Melbourne's dry heat. Here, although it's hot, I find I can still function as long as I have enough to drink. In Queensland, the humidity was oppressive. I just wanted to die. I'm convinced 26C in Queensland is just as bad as 33C in Melbourne; 30C there as bad as 38C here.

Hey, remember how our water storage levels are at a reasonable rate now? Bet you that overnight they go down by about 20%.

coolian2 said:

You turn it into a game

A far more interesting game than American pansyball, I'm sure.

Seriously, how the fuck can a sport ostensibly 60 minutes long run for multiple hours? It's OBSCENE.

I reiterate: no intelligent person would ever like American football.

I am willing to completely dismiss the sporting opinions of anybody who likes American football. They clearly lack the intellectual faculties to appreciate sport and think astonishingly slowly, so why should I listen to them? It's like giving a shit about the political opinions of bogans. Not all opinions are created equal.

That's not entirely sarcasm or hyperbole either.

bono_man2002 said:
4/91....2 Fours in the last over. Bangladesh for PM!!

I have to go in 5 mins guys, I might not be back

But we need our Bangladesh updates! :(

C'mon guys, get to 100 without losing another wicket!

major_panic said:

Hey, remember how our water storage levels are at a reasonable rate now? Bet you that overnight they go down by about 20%.

I wonder if there are any evaporation fans? You know, like railfans and setlist nerds and such. Because if there are, they must be totally nerding out at dams across the state right now!

Axver said:

A far more interesting game than American pansyball, I'm sure.

Seriously, how the fuck can a sport ostensibly 60 minutes long run for multiple hours? It's OBSCENE.

I reiterate: no intelligent person would ever like American football.

I am willing to completely dismiss the sporting opinions of anybody who likes American football. They clearly lack the intellectual faculties to appreciate sport and think astonishingly slowly, so why should I listen to them? It's like giving a shit about the political opinions of bogans. Not all opinions are created equal.

That's not entirely sarcasm or hyperbole either.

You're oversimplifying.

Axver said:

I wonder if there are any evaporation fans? You know, like railfans and setlist nerds and such. Because if there are, they must be totally nerding out at dams across the state right now!

:hyper: Hey look guys, look look, the evaporation levels are going up through the roof! I wonder if they're going to hit 74% like that time in Qatar, 24/3/2005!

Whoah, we've got micro-condensation going, and even that's evaporating! Liek teh water is on fire!

Axver said:

But we need our Bangladesh updates! :(

C'mon guys, get to 100 without losing another wicket!

Its okay, I'm back.

and SHIT!!!

22.6 Botha to Shakib Al Hasan, OUT, One more down. Shakib is cleaned up. Flighted from round the stumps, full, he tried to whip it to midwicket, missed and the ball bounded off the pad and on to the stumps.

5/96

major_panic said:
:hyper: Hey look guys, look look, the evaporation levels are going up through the roof! I wonder if they're going to hit 74% like that time in Qatar, 24/3/2005!

Whoah, we've got micro-condensation going, and even that's evaporating! Liek teh water is on fire!

:lmao: :lmao:

:reject: Sorry in my excitement I forgot to say hello. How rude of me :tsk: Lucky Jens not here yet or I'd surely get a spanking....:shifty:.......:drool:

bono_man2002 said:

Its okay, I'm back.

and SHIT!!!

22.6 Botha to Shakib Al Hasan, OUT, One more down. Shakib is cleaned up. Flighted from round the stumps, full, he tried to whip it to midwicket, missed and the ball bounded off the pad and on to the stumps.

5/96

Back with bad news? Bangladesh, you disappoint me so. :tsk:

major_panic said:

:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom