U2's Thirteenth Album: Aimless Uncertainty?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey :wave: U2democrat, stop lurking and tell us what you've been up to in the political sphere OR post such elsewhere in Interland and direct us ( me, anyway :D ) to your post

Oi, my cover's been blown... :shifty: Hey :wave:

I've abandoned the US for the UK. Hopefully for good, immigration/visa issues pending...

Visited Ireland for the first time 2 years ago, was awestruck by seeing Temple Bar and The Clarence in person. Just wish the boys would get their act together and release something!

Anyway, back to the shadows I go...
You-Didnt-See-Anything-Madagascar.gif

The best troll job in Interference history. By a teenage girl.

Which sort of says it all about the nature of trolling and even worse regarding the adults who troll.

I was not aware it was a teen-age girl! I knew it wasn't The Edge from
the very beginning.
Out of all the band members, The Edge seems the most logical one to
be online....but on a fan site? If Edge is online, he's probably checking
out sci-fi forums or guitar sites. :lol:

That was an incredible moment, worth the trolling.

Some really good put downs, impressive for a teen, like, "do you think I give a fig what someone like you posting on a forum like this thinks?"

It was how I'd hope any real band member would respond to jick.

I read Wire back in the day. Even got PopMart Montreal tickets from someone on it. Back then, $52.50 seemed steep.

That fake Edge scandal was probably the last time I lurked the boards as hard as I do now. Whatever happened to that jick fellow anyway?

Joel, the founder, obtained "Discotheque" and placed it online to share in late December 1996 or very early 1997. This was well before all the file-sharing nonsense. He thought it was legal to do so. Turns out, it wasn't supposed to be released yet, but we were all able to obtain it. This kind of forced U2 to release the song a bit sooner than planned as radio stations and such had the song.

I don't remember that, but I first got online right around that period though.

I do remember a clip Beautiful Day plastered right on the front page after it leaked and then later the full song.

Okay, I've been listening to songs from the Boy sessions today. I thought Speed Of Life was an instrumental but there seems to be a live version with lyrics out there. It also sounds like a different song slightly. :scratch: Anyone care to clarify?

The actual post I wanted to make was:

I'd love an instrumental like Speed Of Life on the new album. *guitar smiley*

Great conversation going on here :) I was a lurker since de ATYCLB and finaly joined Vertigo Time.

Jick was pretty "funny" back then as Shawn Vox and as for "The Fake Edge", I remember "him" putting here the lyrics of Tv the Drug of the Nation. I, too, found that a little odd.

I remember Elvis, where is he?

And the best moment in history:
Axver, saying about Vertigo: "YEAH, FUCK! YEAH MOTHER FUCKER ROCK N'ROLL" :wink:

Even though today it is harder to have a great discussion, I still love this place.
Mikal, galeongirl, gvox, mrs garrison, Headache in a Suitcase, sorry if i'm forgetting someone do have some great inputs.
Too bad I don't have much time to talk with you more. Maybe when the new album is out, which by the way will be never.

Where the hell are Bonochick and April?

Fuck
IIRC Bonochick got married and busy with life... wasn't she the Bryan Adams fan(or was it Ryan Adams, always got that confused) who left us for his fandom? :hmm:

Oi, my cover's been blown... :shifty: Hey :wave:

I've abandoned the US for the UK. Hopefully for good, immigration/visa issues pending...

Visited Ireland for the first time 2 years ago, was awestruck by seeing Temple Bar and The Clarence in person. Just wish the boys would get their act together and release something!

Anyway, back to the shadows I go...
You-Didnt-See-Anything-Madagascar.gif

:love: Cori's got competition in the gif department. That's awesome!

And the best moment in history:
Axver, saying about Vertigo: "YEAH, FUCK! YEAH MOTHER FUCKER ROCK N'ROLL" :wink:

Even though today it is harder to have a great discussion, I still love this place.
Mikal, galeongirl, gvox, mrs garrison, Headache in a Suitcase, sorry if i'm forgetting someone do have some great inputs.
Too bad I don't have much time to talk with you more. Maybe when the new album is out, which by the way will be never.

*cough* If anyone would want to, say, re read that thread....

EDIT: OMFG I AM CRY. THEY DO NOT WORK ANYMORE! :scream: Shite, they changed the links and now the old ones don't work anymore. :sad: Bugger, I ahd so many great posts saved.

And yea, it's about bloody time you returned here. :wink: You ougta start talking more, haha, since that album is not gonna happen soon.

Yea. He got old. Happens to us all.

Getting old is one thing. Going back on the artistic decisions of your past is just pathetic though! :down:

If present day Bono at least acknowledged Zooropa, Passengers and Pop for the interesting albums that they were at the time, while still maintaining that the change to ATYCLB was essential and inevitable... I wouldn't be so angry at him. It's the total putting down of what was arguably their most fascinating era that gets me mad at them! :angry:

I'm sorry, did the band not play Zooropa, Stay, Miss Sarajevo and Your Fucking Blue Room on the last tour? Not to mention Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me?

I think that's an acknowledgement of the mid 90s work.

Pop? Yea... They still ignore that, which upsets me as well. But they did not ignore Zooropa or Passengers on their last tour.

I'm sorry, did the band not play Zooropa, Stay, Miss Sarajevo and Your Fucking Blue Room on the last tour? Not to mention Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me?

Pop? Yea... They still ignore that, which upsets me as well. But they did not ignore Zooropa or Passengers on their last tour.

It's really quotes like those from U2 By U2 that somebody posted a few pages back which get me hopping mad. :p

Otherwise yea I think we're on the same page. At least they played a few classics from that era on the last tour.

I didn't realize (or have forgotten) that they played Stay on 360. Now I'll have to search for it on youtube. It's one of my all-time fav songs of theirs... easily Top 5.

Yes, thank you.

I was thinking that maybe I was the only one of 70,000 people in Baltimore who heard a massive, full-on Zooropa in 2011. Or YBR in DC in 2009. Or Miss Sarajevo in 2005. Or Stay at it don't know when.

I registered here back in June of 2000. I used to also go to @U2's message board. Had a lot of great discussions there, but then we stumbled upon these insane Ted Nugent fans and they hacked that message board with scat, so it was time to go.

My first friend here was Sicy. Of course, back then she was still going by The Sicilian Goddess. I used to call her The Goddess, but then someone got all cute and started calling her Sicy. :wink:

I posted here sporadically for about six years, but by 2006 I was posting in here all of the time. I was starting to have some relationship problems, so this place was an awesome haven from all of that bullshit.

I believe I first came here the summer before the release of HTDAAB. I became a full-time fan shortly after ATYCLB came out, so the timing makes sense me. Otherwise, I stuck around for the album's release and for a little while after that. After that, I backtracked into occasional lurker mode until just before the release of NLOTH. I've been here ever since...

Back
Top Bottom