U2's performance was beautiful...electrifying....moving (2 questions about it)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
LOOOOOVED every minute of it. and i'm sooo taping the repeat at night.

the beginning (did Edge's guitar at POE verse remind anyone else of I still haven't found what i'm looking for?)
and how come there was no solo in Walk on?

wasn't the sound of the band great? the drums, the guitars, the bass.

favorite parts:
-the "1,2,3,4" and "yeeaaaah" start of Walk on by Bono.
-the part when the camera showed Larry from the side (i think it was before the "leave it behind part"). those drums were like a thunder coming in. pure energy.
-Edge's guitar overall
-the black and white camera
-the "halleluiah" part
-Bono with no glasses

------------------
"the beat of every U2 song is the pulse of every human heart"
- Carson Daly, introducing U2

the goal is soul

"be uncool, yes be awkward"

Yes U2girl, I thought the guitar part also sounded extremely familiar. I would assume that there was no solo due to time constraints. My favorite part is now in my sig.

------------------
"I'll see you when I get home!...Hallelujah"

Yes to Peace On Earth/ISHFWILF similarities, the guitar chord pattern was very similar

With regards to the solo, I don't think it was the right time...all that was needed was just simple, to the point, no need to take the song further than it needed to go...they used the solo portion to give a quiet time for Bono to slow it down and keep within the spirit of the occasion

I'm still sickening at the thought of war U2girl, but you are right, top class concert.The sound, the calibre, the staging, the songs, all so well done. Neil Young, Willie Nelson and U2 are like , well can't think of one word,....are musicians I have respected for a long long time (it seems sometimes). So I was rather ecstatic to see and hear them myself
smile.gif

Maybe I'll tell you the story in an email. It was a big day yesterday, and I was not expecting the aforementioned artists, to be part of it. What a circumstance, what beautiful music.I love U2, but that instant when I realised it was Neil Young about to play Imagine was magic.(I was expecting elton john, I am soooo glad it was Neil)some brillaint guitar playing too. Was that Michael Jackson playing bass in Willie's big band?

btw both my son's teams lost the soccer grand final yesterday,in case anyone wondered, lol. 2001 pointscore winners, but we didn't win the last game of the season.We had great fun though.Hang the boots up till next winter. I pray so.
Cheers U2girl.

Back
Top Bottom