U2 Video being shot in Vancouver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Girl1978

Blue Crack Addict
This is what I found on atu2.com

HOT! HEY VANCOUVER - HELP MAKE THE NEXT U2 VIDEO
April 27, 2005
posted by: m2
U2 is in Vancouver today to shoot a music video, and they need our help! @U2 staff is on hand and reports that the full announcement was supposed to hit U2.com at 1:00 pm PT. It doesn't appear to be there yet, so here's what we know:

The video will be shot this afternoon and evening at GM Place.
The first 4,000 fans to show up will be given a wristband to get in and be part of the shoot.
We can't confirm this, but all signs suggest it will be a live performance video for "City of Blinding Lights."
Sounds like fun! If you go, be warned that video shoots can sometimes last a long time, i.e. - well into the evening hours.

Update, 1:20 pm @U2 has just received this news release from U2's publicity staff in Vancouver:

U2 Shoot New Video in Vancouver

The GM Place will host the filming of U2's latest video today.

U2 fans are invited to attend this exclusive filming at the Arena in Vancouver.

Wristbands will be given out from 3pm after which, upon entry to the building, fans will receive a ticket to a reserved seat surrounding the stage. The first 4,000 people will be permitted to enter the venue.

Organisers ask that guests arrive no earlier than 3pm. Full security searches will be implemented at the door -- no recording devices of any type will be permitted in the venue, this includes cameras and cellphones. Anyone entering the venue with a recording device will be denied entry.

This Live video will be shot by French directors, Alex and Martin. The pair recently won a Grammy for directing U2's Vertigo, the debut single from the Number 1 album, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. Alex and Martin have also worked with The White Stripes, Kylie Minogue, Air, Jane's Addiction and Noir Desir.

SO COOL!!!! wish i was there... cannot wait to hear reports from those who were lucky enough to attend!! :hyper:

:up:

Wow, I wish I was one of those 4,000 lucky assed people. Dammit. If I had the money for a $500 plane ticket I would be on my way.

Chrisedge said:
I bet they treat the fans to a semi-complete show

yeah, i think they'll play at least 4 or 5 songs- if not more... :up:

does anyone else think it's weird that they're only filling the seated area of the arena...?? :huh:

U2Girl1978 said:

Update, 1:20 pm @U2 has just received this news release from U2's publicity staff in Vancouver:

This Live video will be shot by French directors, Alex and Martin. The pair recently won a Grammy for directing U2's Vertigo, the debut single from the Number 1 album, How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. Alex and Martin have also worked with The White Stripes, Kylie Minogue, Air, Jane's Addiction and Noir Desir.

no, with these directors (Alex and Martin) i definitely think it's a REAL video and not the GMA performance.

the GMA performance will be shot by regular ABC network cameramen (like the VH1 special).

Seems like this is perhaps what I was hearing from Nicholas's (child brought on stage twice in Denver) dad about them filming in Vancouver. He was asked to come to Vancouver to film. He told me it was for a DVD filming, but this makes MUCH MORE SENSE. He was pulled up before City of Blinding Lights Denver 1...asked to look up and hold up his arms as the confetti fell down.

We will see if he shows up in the music video.

OMF+G!!!!!!!!! WHY did i have to leave to do grocery shopping and other things today?? If i would have know i would have been there! ARGHHHH now i am here in surrey and its 3pm so too late!!
argghhhh

U2Girl1978 said:
This is what I found on atu2.com

HOT! HEY VANCOUVER - HELP MAKE THE NEXT U2 VIDEO
April 27, 2005
posted by: m2
U2 is in Vancouver today to shoot a music video, and they need our help! @U2 staff is on hand and reports that the full announcement was supposed to hit U2.com at 1:00 pm PT. It doesn't appear to be there yet, so here's what we know:

The video will be shot this afternoon and evening at GM Place.
The first 4,000 fans to show up will be given a wristband to get in and be part of the shoot.
We can't confirm this, but all signs suggest it will be a live performance video for "City of Blinding Lights."
Sounds like fun! If you go, be warned that video shoots can sometimes last a long time, i.e. - well into the evening hours.

U2 fans are invited to attend this exclusive filming at the Arena in Vancouver.

Wristbands will be given out from 3pm after which, upon entry to the building, fans will receive a ticket to a reserved seat surrounding the stage. The first 4,000 people will be permitted to enter the venue.

Organisers ask that guests arrive no earlier than 3pm. Full security searches will be implemented at the door -- no recording devices of any type will be permitted in the venue, this includes cameras and cellphones. Anyone entering the venue with a recording device will be denied entry.

SOmeone please help me. I'm in Seattle (2.5 hours away) I am SERIOUSLY behind on a paper due tomorrow, I have an English final tomorrow AM and my husband has told me he's getting burnt out on my U2 talk this week. I have to go pick up my daughter from preschool right now actually, but here I am getting passports, my fave U2 tee, and contemplating throwing her in the car and making a run for the border all for the slight chance of getting to GM Place during rush hour and *maybe* getting in for this.

Then, whether I get in or not, I'd have to drive back late tonight, explain it to my husband, and then have no time to study.

I've lost my ding dang mind.

How fast do we think it will fill up??? :hyper:

Re: Re: U2 Video being shot in Vancouver

dabiggestu2fan said:
OMF+G!!!!!!!!! WHY did i have to leave to do grocery shopping and other things today?? If i would have know i would have been there! ARGHHHH now i am here in surrey and its 3pm so too late!!
argghhhh

No dabiggestu2fan, you're not too late - they say don't show up BEFORE 3. GO and GO FAST!! You're closer than me and I've already considered it!!!

Go or I'll be mad!!!!!

dabiggestu2fan said:
can i still make it if i sky train it???

yes, go! 4,000 people will be let in, that's a lot! and people are still at work, so you have a good shot...

good luck, and please post a report if you get in! :hyper:

Just heard on 1130 that there's only about 2000 people in line right now, so there's roughly 2000 wristbands left. GO IF YOU CAN! I can't make it and I'm seething! :mad:

:censored: I forgot I have to get my kid! gotta go - but seriously, if I had seen this even 20 minutes before I did, she'd be getting picked up by grandma or grandpa and I'd be barreling up I-5.

*takes a deep breath and focuses on Friday's show*

Aww, that sucks u2girl. But on the bright side, if the set lists and reports are to be believed, the second show tends to be better than the first, right??

Still, I'm kicking myself that I'm within 30km of GM Place and don't have the time to go down there.

Someone please go and tell us how it is!

U2.com actually sent out an email about this today. It amazed me. I thought the email said the video was for COBL.

melsbud said:
Just heard on 1130 that there's only about 2000 people in line right now, so there's roughly 2000 wristbands left. GO IF YOU CAN! I can't make it and I'm seething! :mad:

Thanks for the report! I feel a lot better knowing there are already that many people in line. There's no way I'd have made it in time - and if I had tried, well, god only knows what my husband would've thought.

Fuck!!! I wish I would of know about this sooner...I'm at work in Chilliwack atm...think i could make it? (would also mean losing my job lol):wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom