U2 Ticket Sales 101 - 12/4/14 and onward

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Headache, I'm not the first person who's been nervous on here and made posts like this. I'm just getting in line.
I might add that no, NOBODY here should feel qualified to say he's doing fine, they don't have any more reason to feel the opposite. For all the positive stories I've read for these types of injuries, some I've read--from people who are in Bono's age bracket--are more sobering. The truth is, we just don't know.

However, based on the story I just read from my Wire pal, you're right--maybe we're all stressing for nothing. Hope for the best, that's my motto...but in the meantime, be cautious.

There's this lovely thing called common sense. It helps to dictate the decision making of rational people.

I understand you're not the only person who's said that he "looks like he's doped up on painkillers." Every other statement like that is just as stupid as the one you made.

I want to publicly say THANK YOU by the million to Elaine2112. :hug:

because of her, I'm going to be at GA for the First San Jose show :hyper:

Now, I have to get another GA, because I'm not going alone :p

You can get ALERTS? :hyper:

Well, not text alerts, but instant emails. Just subscribe to a thread (using the Thread Tools pulldown at the top of each page), and choose "Instant Email Notification". Then you'll get an email every time someone posts in that thread.

If there's no general "ticket drops" thread, just subscribe to the individual show thread under Tour Dates & Fan Gatherings.

Well, not text alerts, but instant emails. Just subscribe to a thread (using the Thread Tools pulldown at the top of each page), and choose "Instant Email Notification". Then you'll get an email every time someone posts in that thread.

If there's no general "ticket drops" thread, just subscribe to the individual show thread under Tour Dates & Fan Gatherings.

Thanks!

Don't know whether this info has been established yet......but I just got off phone with Live Nation rep from the toll free phone number listed on U2.com

Regarding pre sale codes.....the website FAQ states the following;

Q - New presales have been announced, if I renew my subscription early, will I get a new pre-sale code?
A – No, once a code has been assigned to a subscriber, and that code is used, no new code will be issued no matter how many times you renew.

Now my question for Live Nation was why is a Presale code listed on the website as part of the annual subscription package...meaning if I pay for March 2014-march 2015 and use a presale code for that term, that I should also have a new code as part of my package from March 2015-march 2016 should I renew. The website says it is part of ANNUAL subscription package. Whereas the FAQ I quoted above makes it seem like I would not get another code for another years renewal. This makes no sense. With that logic, instead of renewing, I should let my subscription expire, and a day later open a brand new acct to get a new Code issued.

ANYWAYS, LN confirmed for me that I WOULd get a new code for my renewal year.....but not until the actually anniversary date. So if I paid them now, to renew and add a year onto my March subscription.....I would not instantly get a new code to use for potential presales next week. Instead I would only get a new presale code AFTER my March anniversary date, should any presales happen.

Hope that is clear enough to help others who I'm sure have the same question

That seems kind of unfair to those who have the shitty luck not to have a renewal date during the ticket sale window, no?

If it were me, I wouldn't count on that rep being correct. It's probably some minimum-wage CSR who has no idea and just wanted to get off the phone for their smoke break.

Eta - I can definitely see them reissuing codes to all paid subscribers if a new set of shows are announced for 2016, but that would be done at the same time for all.

I used my presale to try to get tickets for the 6/25 Chicago show. I was unsuccessful, as was my brother. We both panicked, remembering the 2005 scenarios, and just bought seats. I didn't think I'd be able to use my presale for the added dates, which weren't announced yet. Turns out I could. It would've been much easier to get GA tickets for Chicago 4 6/29, due to lower demand for that show. That would've been nice to know. But I was able to locate some reasonable GA tickets for 6/24, so we have that and then pretty decent $115 seats for 6/25.

I shall not be wasting my money on a fan club membership again, fuck that.

On the vertigo tour tickets for added shows were announced and went on sale immediately, without a presale. That's what I was afraid would happen this time.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Hi guys, I am in london after a long time and have the opportunity watch my second U2 show (the first was twickenham '05, second night, in the GA no less). With the added dates, I think I could maybe manage it. I wanted to know whether I can avail the u2.com presale if I join, like, right now.
Also, what avenues are there for me to get tickets if I have missed the boat initially. Dont really know much about it, a friend of mine scored tickets off the net at twice the price in 2005. Dunno how to go about it.

Don't know whether this info has been established yet......but I just got off phone with Live Nation rep from the toll free phone number listed on U2.com

Regarding pre sale codes.....the website FAQ states the following;

Q - New presales have been announced, if I renew my subscription early, will I get a new pre-sale code?
A – No, once a code has been assigned to a subscriber, and that code is used, no new code will be issued no matter how many times you renew.

Now my question for Live Nation was why is a Presale code listed on the website as part of the annual subscription package...meaning if I pay for March 2014-march 2015 and use a presale code for that term, that I should also have a new code as part of my package from March 2015-march 2016 should I renew. The website says it is part of ANNUAL subscription package. Whereas the FAQ I quoted above makes it seem like I would not get another code for another years renewal. This makes no sense. With that logic, instead of renewing, I should let my subscription expire, and a day later open a brand new acct to get a new Code issued.

ANYWAYS, LN confirmed for me that I WOULd get a new code for my renewal year.....but not until the actually anniversary date. So if I paid them now, to renew and add a year onto my March subscription.....I would not instantly get a new code to use for potential presales next week. Instead I would only get a new presale code AFTER my March anniversary date, should any presales happen.

Hope that is clear enough to help others who I'm sure have the same question

Thanks marik, that's just the info I was after. I had fired off an email on U2.com, but have had no response.

I hope the LN rep you spoke to is correct, as my subscription is up for renewal this week. A new presale code for the added London shows would be perfect.

Hi guys, I am in london after a long time and have the opportunity watch my second U2 show (the first was twickenham '05, second night, in the GA no less). With the added dates, I think I could maybe manage it. I wanted to know whether I can avail the u2.com presale if I join, like right now.

Yep, if you join now you'll get a presale code. As a new member you'll be in the iNNOCENCE presale group, which is the second group (of 2) in line for the presale. The other group, eXPERIENCE, has their presale a day earlier.

I wonder how many (if any) EXPERIENCE people haven't used their codes yet? The presale will be piss easy to get the tickets you want, I'd think.

Sent from my SM-G900I using U2 Interference mobile app

Yep, if you join now you'll get a presale code. As a new member you'll be in the iNNOCENCE presale group, which is the second group (of 2) in line for the presale. The other group, eXPERIENCE, has their presale a day earlier.

Thank you. Joining now.

Also, does that mean my pre-sale starts on the 28th?

EDIT: Sorry, it's all there on the tour page. 9 am local means local wherever you are? Sorry, might be a stupid question but want to get this right.

DOUBLE EDIT: :reject: Yeah I just realised that the current presale is only for the LA show. A bit of a steep learning curve for someone who has never bought concert tickets online before. #asyouwere..

Mine's not working either.

EDIT: Actually, I just clicked the little u2.com tab on the Ticketmaster page. It says the pre-sale starts at 12 PM, which doesn't seem like "9 AM local time."

Sigh.

ANYWAYS, LN confirmed for me that I WOULd get a new code for my renewal year.....but not until the actually anniversary date.

FYI marik, & anyone else interested. I've also been told this by a LN rep over the phone. However, I've since received a conflicting & very detailed response from another LN rep, who I feel is more than likely correct.

I'm not sure what someone told you over the phone, but as someone who works for both Live Nation and the U2 Fan Club, I can assure you that only one presale code is given per TOUR per account (unless a new tour allows multiple presale codes, this depends on the tour). Essentially, if you were to subscribe twice right now for two years, and a new tour were to be announced next year, you would also receive a presale code for that tour once it was announced. The presale codes are not given on a year-to-year basis, they are given per tour to anyone with an active account. If there is no tour for 2015-2016, no presale codes will be given, because there is no tour. For instance, if there were two tours in a singular year, every paid member would receive 1 presale code for the first tour, and, should their account be active at the start of the second tour, would also receive another presale code for the next tour in that same year; those codes would be exclusive to their tour and not work on another tour. In conclusion, presale codes are managed on a tour-by-tour basis, and no matter how many times you renew for this current tour, your account will only be allocated one presale code.

So, more than likely, no additional presale code for me. Guess I'll find out tomorrow, when my subscription rolls over.

Yes, I'm worried that Live Nation reps all have conflicting stories on this and basically just say what they need to say to get out of conversation they've had multiple times lol.

The reason this pisses me off is the argument that their own website is SELLING the annual subscription package llisting pre-sale code access as a feature. ANNUAL....means yearly......not 'tourly'.

Infact they list the Presale code access in sentence right next to the -25% off Merch coupon.....which IS yearly. They've been called out on this by fans so much, change the damn false advertising already so you can stop having the same customer calls.

Also, I woke up this morning to an email warning me that my subscription ends in 30days. It listed all the features I would get if I renew for another year......and of course pre-sale access is listed.

Of course it's per tour. As I said on the last page, it makes no logical sense to give some members a second code for the same tour just because their renewal date happens to fall during the time that tickets are being sold, but then the others whose renewal date does not happen during that timeframe get nothing.

Some would be luckier than others based on dates of tour-yes.
But it's totally logical to be expecting that since that is what they are advertising that we are paying for.

Does anyone understand U2's strategy to announce extra dates in less strong markets? (L.A., Chicago, London). Wouldn't it be better to go for extra dates in Amsterdam, Antwerp, Cologne, Paris, Toronto, Vancouver or Turin?

^Frankly no. I can only assume its stubborness and they had placeholders for 8 LA dates and 6 Chicago dates because they assumed the demand would be there and are ignoring the fact that demand wasn't strong enough for 4 dates in both cities and still pushing forward...could lead to some embarrassingly half empty buildings on certain nights in those 2 markets.

Back
Top Bottom