U2 @ the 2009 Grammy Awards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can you use something like zip or rar? Those give you the option of splitting the file into pieces so that you can upload them.

Dana

I'm sorry but I am not able to do it. Maybe because the file is so big, I don't know, but when she tried it wasn't working and it started doing strange things to her computer. We started to try it on mine and the same thing happened. It sounds like Gg's reduced size version is pretty good though so hopefully you guys can give that one a try. I don't know why the ts file version on VLC is giving some of you trouble. It plays thru perfectly with no stops or problems for me so it must be your computers. :(

lol i wouldn't worry about it mate! tell 'em only real men wear eyeliner, and there's nothing wrong with being gay. not sure where you live, but pink is a hot colour for men right now in the UK. (where coldplay are from, obviously.)

:)

I hope you guys understand that this doesn't bother me...YOU KNOW HOW FRIENDS BUST EACH OTHERS CHOPS! They aren't downright mean to me! I laugh right along with them!

I have so many "Make Fun of Kelly Because She's a U2 Fan" stories

Playing truth or dare durning out Model U.N Trip at Yale 2 weeks ago:

"Kels, you is your celeb crush?"

"Easy...Guy Berryman..."

*Everybody laughs

"What?"

"THATS SUCH A LIE KELLY, YOU LOVE BONO!"

Me: :|

*Everybody laughs again, I have no come back because it's true

But I harp on their love affair for the JoBros!

Perception can be a funny thing. No one bats an eye at 20 something rock stars wearing eyeliner but Bono gets slammed. Why? Because he's older? What, there are suddenly rules about what he can wear and what he can't just because he's not a young dude anymore. This is the kind of thinking that makes people old before their time. It might be one thing to raise an eyebrow if Warren Buffet started wearing eyeliner but Bono is a rock star not just your average joe. It's practically his job to defy convention. I would have hoped that the last Olympics would have started to clue people in about this ageism crap. It's ridiculous to say someone can't do something because of their age. Total bullcrap. There have been so many comments lately about Bono that have more to do with people's expectations of what his behaviour should be because of his age than with what he is actually doing. The things he's getting slammed for wouldn't even cause comment if it was one of the younger stars doing it. Bono has said all along that he refuses to grow up and I for one am happy to see him keeping young in whatever way he wishes. He's in pretty fine shape if you ask me. He certainly doesn't look as old and tired as he probably should considering his schedule. Think about it. Would you really have a problem with any of these things if he was still in his 30's?

Dana

The Jonas Sisters? :wink:

But I have the exact same kind of problems with my best friend. :sigh:

i know what it's so now i don't tell anyone. i've a new friend and she's ok, but i took one year to say that i love U2 and everything i just talk to some people about U2 :shrug::shrug:
I'm luck that my best friend loves U2, but she doesn't live here, she's from another state. :sigh:

I'm sorry but I am not able to do it. Maybe because the file is so big, I don't know, but when she tried it wasn't working and it started doing strange things to her computer. We started to try it on mine and the same thing happened. It sounds like Gg's reduced size version is pretty good though so hopefully you guys can give that one a try. I don't know why the ts file version on VLC is giving some of you trouble. It plays thru perfectly with no stops or problems for me so it must be your computers. :(

Thanks for all your efforts BC :hug: Not ideal, but I found if I open in Media Player Classic it plays just fine. Just a tip :wink:

Perception can be a funny thing. No one bats an eye at 20 something rock stars wearing eyeliner but Bono gets slammed. Why? Because he's older? What, there are suddenly rules about what he can wear and what he can't just because he's not a young dude anymore. This is the kind of thinking that makes people old before their time. It might be one thing to raise an eyebrow if Warren Buffet started wearing eyeliner but Bono is a rock star not just your average joe. It's practically his job to defy convention. I would have hoped that the last Olympics would have started to clue people in about this ageism crap. It's ridiculous to say someone can't do something because of their age. Total bullcrap. There have been so many comments lately about Bono that have more to do with people's expectations of what his behaviour should be because of his age than with what he is actually doing. The things he's getting slammed for wouldn't even cause comment if it was one of the younger stars doing it. Bono has said all along that he refuses to grow up and I for one am happy to see him keeping young in whatever way he wishes. He's in pretty fine shape if you ask me. He certainly doesn't look as old and tired as he probably should considering his schedule. Think about it. Would you really have a problem with any of these things if he was still in his 30's?

Dana

Fabulous!!!!! :applaud:

i know what it's so now i don't tell anyone. i've a new friend and she's ok, but i took one year to say that i love U2 and everything i just talk to some people about U2 :shrug::shrug:
I'm luck that my best friend loves U2, but she doesn't live here, she's from another state. :sigh:

^
Yeah, I never told anybody...and when I did, IT WENT ALL DOWN HILL FROM THERE LOLOLO!

OMG, when friends come into my room and c my Fly poster...AHAHA! You should c the looks on their faces!

Thats when the insults start to fly (no pun intented!)

Dana

:applaud::applaud:

^
Yeah, I never told anybody...and when I did, IT WENT ALL DOWN HILL FROM THERE LOLOLO!

OMG, when friends come into my room and c my Fly poster...AHAHA! You should c the looks on their faces!

Thats when the insults start to fly (no pun intented!)

i know what do u mean.

the people from my school thinks that i'm crazy, can u imagine if they discover that i love U2 and everything? :ohmy::ohmy:

Oh no Harley, don't tell me you approve of the eyeliner as well! LOLOLO :lol:
Well, at least my BF is a big U2 fan as well! Although she never got my back when it comes to defending me LOLO, know why, cause nobody knows she's just as big a fan as I am!

Oh no Harley, don't tell me you approve of the eyeliner as well! LOLOLO :lol:
Well, at least my BF is a big U2 fan as well! Although she never got my back when it comes to defending me LOLO, know why, cause nobody knows she's just as big a fan as I am!

i really don't know what to think about the eyeliner thing :lmao: it's funny, u've to agreeee :wink::wink:

u know here in brazil people usually have a horrible taste for music :hmm::hmm: it's hard to find someone here in my city that like.

BUTTTT today:ohmy::ohmy: i met a girl in my class that she likes U2 - AT LEAST! but she's more into Blink 182

Hi everyone!!
I just saw the grammy performance for the 4th time,and everytime i see bono taking of his sunglasses it looks like he is also wearing some lenses?
I could be terrible wrong about this!

Dana

Brilliant! :applaud:

Dana, I totally agree with your post :up:

The constant personal attacks on Bono, not only by random people, haters, media, but most of all by many fans, are really really getting tired. It's so immature to bash his looks.

I personally dont see whats wrong with saying they dont like it. No-one loves everything about the way U2 looks. :shrug: Its just an opinion.

If they're moaning for the sake of moaning however, then thats not on.

Hi everyone!!
I just saw the grammy performance for the 4th time,and everytime i see bono taking of his sunglasses it looks like he is also wearing some lenses?
I could be terrible wrong about this!

not sure what you mean by lenses. Are you referring to his eye color? If so no he doesn't wear colored lenses/contacts. Those are his blue eyes..

I did a search with the original pic but I still had to go through half a dozen pages to find this one lol;

Now I'm sure it's this pic on Bono's shirt

beethoven2.jpg

:applaud:

I want that shirt and the Edgar Allen Poe one :D
Wonder who might be on his shirt next? Thomas Edison? :hmm:

Dana

Post of the decade!!!! :up:

:applaud:

Dana

I agree :up: I don't really have a problem with his eyeliner--it just kind of came outta nowhere and at first it was just....different to me! But it reminds me of the ZooTV era :drool: So it has to be a good thing!

Also, lovely pics Bonofox :heart:

Dana

You are right on.

Dana

I wouldn't say that's entirely true...there are 20's something guys who wear eyeliner that DO get slammed, but the rest of your post is right on. I just thought people would slam Bono for trying to be like the "emo" bands who have guys with eyeliner. Even though male rockstars have been wearing eyeliner and makeup long before "emo" was around...but lately the look is mostly associated with "emo" bands.

Adam was looking soooo great...and as usual the bassist gets very little screen time. :angry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom