U2 Songs Covered by Interferers LIVE - The Collection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PlaTheGreat said:

:combust:

Can't we chitty chat now? :(

sad-smiley-046.gif

Not right now.

Maybe once everyone's gone to bed.

PlaTheGreat said:

DERAILS MORE!

Ooookay. :drool:
I'm gonna go get hopped up on caffiene. You better not disappoint!

I'm always the one who gets blamed for derailing. :angry:

:combust:

wow....aside from that really sucky part once again sung by someone named bono_212 (that person should stop singing) this was amazing! great work pla, chizip, and everyone that sang

While the site seems to have asploded, the video (and song!) can still be viewed directly through YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-o6h1awSfA

trevster2k said:
:laugh: Where's Paula, dammit?
I have a review! Though I think I'd rather be Randy than Paula (because I hate her and stuff).

I think we all did better. Maybe we're just getting more comfortable with the notion of recording ourselves, or maybe the fact that Lemon is a falsetto song pushed us to try harder. Whatever the reason, the performances were great. Everyone was actually singing, and doing their best. The pacing seems to be quite dead-on as well. We're getting there, let's just keep up the good work for the next performance!
And Pla's video is awesome :drool: Her best yet!

Chizip said:
we got shutdown due to copyright infringements :(

WTF!!!

Is that a April Fools Joke?

You have got to be kidding me.

What does this mean for the future of the REAL Sing with me - game / The Interferers LIVE - The Collection?

Last edited:
It's not a joke. I received this email:

Dear Barbara [last name removed],

This is to notify you that we have removed the following material as a result material that is copyright infringing:

http://stockholm-syndrome.com/bluecrack/

If you elect to send us a counter notice, to be effective it must be a written communication provided to our designated agent that includes substantially the following (please consult your legal counsel or see 17 U.S.C. Section 512(g)(3) to confirm these requirements):

(A) A physical or electronic signature of the subscriber.

(B) Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.

(C) A statement under penalty of perjury that the subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.

(D) Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the subscriber's address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which the service provider may be found, and that the subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification under subsection (c)(1)(C) or an agent of such person.

Such written notice should be sent to our designated agent as follows:

[address removed]

Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.

Very truly yours,
Dreamhost

Edit: It was fun while it lasted.

Last edited:
i wonder if we could make videos for all of our songs and put them all on youtube? :hmm:

but its probably just a matter of time before they get taken down too :sigh:

Queen Bee said:
It's not a joke. I received this email:

Edit: It was fun while it lasted.

This is coming from your web hosting company, right?

Perhaps another web hosting company (like say mine) ain't paying that much attention.
We could give it a try.

Chizip said:
i wonder if we could make videos for all of our songs and put them all on youtube? :hmm:

but its probably just a matter of time before they get taken down too :sigh:

I don't get it.

Then they can take down a lot more stuff from youtube as well.

Isn't putting up official video's and stuff like that copyright infringement or illegal as well?

And how about all the u2 cover/tribute bands?
Some have mp3's on their website as well.
That has to be copyright infringement as well then.
If not, how come ours is and theirs isn't?

I'm just not buying it.

ETA: Maybe it has to do with putting up the lyrics on the website.

If you go to @u2's website, it says the following: Working with Universal Music Publishing, @U2 has been granted the right to print the lyrics under a provisional licence.

If you click on the Lyrics button on this site: you'll read the following on that page:

The U2 Lyrics Archive is currently CLOSED as per a cease and desist order by Universal Publishing.
This archive my reopen pending licensing arrangements.

Last edited:
well luckily the vids are still up on youtube, but i know they have been cracking down on a lot recently though

but thats why i said maybe we could make vids for all of them and upload them there :shrug:

Well, if we need a new home to host the songs, I have a website. would be happy to help out :shrug:

^
Same here.

Maybe put them up on somebody else's website.
Don't use the real song names (perhaps make names up).
No lyrics on there .
And no mention of u2.

Got some more ideas as well.
Might be better to discuss via PM or email.
You never know who's reading along.

Once again, I think it's, because of the lyrics.

Though I still haven't ruled out April Fools either.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom