u2 On Radio 1's Live Lounge 27th Feb - U2 at BBC!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Time To Pretend is a good song but, again, it's way past its prime. The song was fresh at around this time last year. Get with the fucking times, Radio 1. Sheesh.

Pretty sure it fizzled on its first UK release, and has recently been released due to it being on an Ad over here, so that's probably why they're playing it.

Christ I'm defending Radio 1's song selection, I need a shower.

Why no cover? No time to rehearse it? They've known they were goin to be on the show for weeks and they can't spare a half hour to learn the chords to "Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)"!!!! Bullshit, either they've bottled it or they are going to go promo for Magnificent

Yeah, apparently Edge sent Jo a message saying that it was a scheduling problem and they didn't have time to learn a cover.

Whatever happened to scrambling around backstage to learn "All Along the Watchtower" on R&H? Christ, i could throw together a cover of something in a few minutes if needs be.

Cmon U2! Single Ladies segued into Get on Your Boots!

Whatever happened to scrambling around backstage to learn "All Along the Watchtower" on R&H? Christ, i could throw together a cover of something in a few minutes if needs be.

Cmon U2! Single Ladies segued into Get on Your Boots!

I would prefer to hear a U2 track of the new album than a cover

Same. U2 have done a few good covers in their time, but more often than not, they're pretty weak. I'd prefer original material.

Can't agree, the Live Lounge cover is normally a chance to do something the band will never do again. We'll hear every song on the album sooner or later.

I would generally prefer a U2 original, but this is LIVE LOUNGE! its the principal of it, artists are supposed to play a one-off unique little set of songs.

We're going to be hearing the album tracks for two years night after night, an interesting one-off cover would be much more interesting for me.

Saying all that though, its U2, they could play an N-Dubz track and I'd still be listening!

I would generally prefer a U2 original, but this is LIVE LOUNGE! its the principal of it, artists are supposed to play a one-off unique little set of songs.

We're going to be hearing the album tracks for two years night after night, an interesting one-off cover would be much more interesting for me.

Saying all that though, its U2, they could play an N-Dubz track and I'd still be listening!

No not all bands do i would say about 75% do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom