U2 on bill board awards!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well i missed the beginning of the U2 part. U2 was awarded for the 360 tour and they showed a 5 min video of the tour(Bad ass) Most of it was from the 360 dvd but it still was great! And then U2 came out.......And Larry interrupted Bono (Pretty funny, but wrong :D) and yea :lol:

Well i missed the beginning of the U2 part. U2 was awarded for the 360 tour and they showed a 5 min video of the tour(Bad ass) Most of it was from the 360 dvd but it still was great! And then U2 came out.......And Larry interrupted Bono (Pretty funny, but wrong :D) and yea :lol:
Whoa, that's pretty cool... definitely look forward to the inevitable youtube clip :D

Bono seemed a bit drunk...maybe tired.....he seemed to ramble.

Larry interrupted him, rightfully so, and brought it back to reality saying thank you to the crew who leave their families to set up the claw.

Adam chimed in saying the claw looked like a toy.

The Edge made a statement that got bleeped. It was something along the lines of his favourite moment being when they turn all of the "shit" off and the band is surrounded by just their fans in the stadium.

The video montage leading up to it was fantastic. Will i am did the introduction and presented the award.

From @U2

U2 Appear at Billboard Awards
Posted: May 22, 2011
By: Karen Lindell

U2 showed up at the 2011 Billboard Music Awards tonight in Las Vegas to accept the Touring Award -- for both the biggest tour of the year and of all-time. (They also were nominated for Top Duo/Group, but the Black Eyed Peas won that honor.) The show airs 8-10:30 p.m. on ABC, so depending on which time zone you live in you still have a chance to see them accept the award, in the last half hour after 10:10 p.m.

A video introduction to the award featured Paul McGuinness, Willie Williams and Joe O'Herlihy talking about how difficult it is to take the 360 tour concept and stage around the world.

Will.i.am introduced the band, and each member of U2 made a brief statement. Larry thanked the crew (admitting he doesn't know all their names); Adam called the stage "a children's toy"; and Edge said he loved the feeling of the audience surrounding him.

Bono said, "Some of the greatest music is made so quietly, and you can make classic albums in your bedroom and you can play the greatest show of your life on a one-string guitar -- but we don't do that."

Also during the broadcast, Bono appeared, along with First Lady Michelle Obama, Barbra Streisand, Lady Gaga and others, in a video tribute to Beyonce.

For photos and a complete list of winners, visit billboard.com.

I just happened to flip channels and hear they were going to be on. Totally got me all excited. Cant wait to see them in a couple weeks. :heart::love:

They looked great :love:

TouringTopArtistAwardLasVegas5-22-20114.jpg

That was a really good advert for any tickets left on the N.A. leg. haha

Totally shocked they were actually there, I thought it was just gonna be some sort of little video package of Bono and Edge accepting some consolation award. It kinda made me laugh though that the intro was all about how incredible the stage was, lights were, and screen was, then Edge goes "my favorite part is when they turn all the shit off" :doh::lol:

Was it really necessary for Larry to point out that he doesn't know all the crew members' names?! :wink: I bet they feel special.

Got lucky, and was able to catch this appearance on TV last night.

Had just finished watching Game Of Thrones and I flipped the channel to see what else was on and I landed on these awards just a couple of minutes before U2 was introduced.

The Tour Highlight video was awesome :up:, got me all excited to see them live again in July

They're promoting Spiderman. I heard maybe doing a song with some of the cast members? Or just the two of them? Something like that.

I can't begrudge them for wanting to take the opportunity to promote the show to such a huge audience.

Back
Top Bottom