U2 On 60 Minutes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for posting the video and stills, girls! :D:up:

Wow, thank you so much for the stills and the video! You're great!
Can't wait to see the whole show. :hyper:

I really liked Adam as cappucino man

And Edge looked so good when he had those shades on, and Bono in that purple shirt..

Pretty much the standard interview, other than what Bono said about French people :uhoh:

elevation2u said:
is there gonna be repeat for this??
:( :(
During the summer 60 minutes does repeat some segments, but no way to know if they will ever repeat this one.

About the Beatles comment - Bono was not in any way insulting the Beatles. In fact, he was praising them. He was saying imagine what kind of music they could have continued to make if they had not self-distructed over money and fame issues. I'm not really sure that's true though because, creatively, they were already going in different directions long before they broke up.

Last edited:
question about the concert shown...

Was Milan or that show in Spain filmed for a special purpose? (other than this interview) For a TV special or another DVD? I ask because of how it was shot. Resembled Slane. LOL, does that make sense at all?
I was kind of surprised they didn't use one of the stadium shows for that purpose anyways or is it upcoming? (though I'm still stoked about seeing it at some point :drool: )

Also, Edge has to be one of the most polite people I've ever seen...he's always kind and smiles with everyone he speaks to. And I loved Adam and the capucchino maker.

Okay random thoughts...lol

Some of my favorite parts where Adam having cofee and Bono's purple shirt

Edge's request for champage, gotta love his sense of humor and hearing Larry's voice is a rare thing.

Who am I kidding that whole interview was wonderful, I wished it where longer.

Here is more from that interview that was not on TV last night. Click on Watch: Making the Music at .cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml

Sorry if someone else already posted this- I have a 4 year old and almost 2 year old who don't like me to read on the computer. LOL!

I enjoyed the show last night and this additional clip. They talk about each other in the clip.

Carmelu2fan said:
Some of my favorite parts where Adam having cofee and Bono's purple shirt

Edge's request for champage, gotta love his sense of humor and hearing Larry's voice is a rare thing.

Who am I kidding that whole interview was wonderful, I wished it where longer.

Yeah, Im sure there was a lot more footage to the show in the airplane more talking to the guys ect..I too wish it was longer

lovezeuser said:
Here is more from that interview that was not on TV last night. Click on Watch: Making the Music at .cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml

Sorry if someone else already posted this- I have a 4 year old and almost 2 year old who don't like me to read on the computer. LOL!

I enjoyed the show last night and this additional clip. They talk about each other in the clip.

thank you for the link :bow:

that was a great clip, I didn't want it to end :lol:

Thank you for that clip! I just had a minor moment of worry when I saw Adam taking a sip from the wine glass, but I realised that it was water in it.

Very nice, I wish there were more!! They should just make ALL their footage available to us!:wink: :drool:

BonoFox1 said:

Yeah, Im sure there was a lot more footage to the show in the airplane more talking to the guys ect..I too wish it was longer

I wanted to learn more about the Edge's music box. I recall one of the sounds being called "meatball" I know nothing about music but I wonder why he names his sound effects such cute names.:happy:

Queen Bee said:

60min_17.jpg

60min_18.jpg

:love: bono has the best smile EVER

and I :heart: Bono's moobage. always.

Bono wasn't necessarily bashing The Beatles, he did say beforehand something to the effect of "I'm not making comparisons here, we're not worthy to even touch their hem" or something like that, didn't he? It's not like he was saying they were BETTER then The Beatles...and what he said was true, essentially.

I think I liked that bonus clip better than what was aired on TV, I love hearing the band talk about each other (and say extraordinary - not just Bono, but ADAM!). "I always thought it was an odd bass part, but Edge recently just explained to me that he's playing in a different key" :lmao: I didn't know that, but I think it's so adorable that Bono has just learned this after practically 20 years :lol: thanks so much for that link lovezeuser!

AtomicBono said:

Bono wasn't necessarily bashing The Beatles, he did say beforehand something to the effect of "I'm not making comparisons here, we're not worthy to even touch their hem" or something like that, didn't he? It's not like he was saying they were BETTER then The Beatles...and what he said was true, essentially.

I was just about to clarify that. He wasn't "dissing" the Beatles or anything, not by any means. He was just saying that if they hadn't let their own problems drag them down, then think of what they could have done.

I thought the french thing was kind of amusing. Maybe Bono knew that this was being aired in America, where there's such dumb animosity.:shrug:

Thanks for all the stills. Squee!!!

Yeah, "60 Minutes" could have extended the U2 segment by cutting out Andy Rooney, but can you imagine Andy Rooney going on a U2-related whine?

"Ever notice that Bono always curses when on TV? Is that black knitted cap surgically implanted on Edge's head? Why does their drummer use so much hair gel? And why can't Adam drink Sanka like the rest of us?"

Golightly Grrl said:
Thanks for all the stills. Squee!!!

Yeah, "60 Minutes" could have extended the U2 segment by cutting out Andy Rooney, but can you imagine Andy Rooney going on a U2-related whine?

"Ever notice that Bono always curses when on TV? Is that black knitted cap surgically implanted on Edge's head? Why does their drummer use so much hair gel? And why can't Adam drink Sanka like the rest of us?"

:lmao: :lmao:

:up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom