U2 NLOTH Boxset

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They also have yet to change the price on the magazine edition, still at £18. Even if they do cancel these orders and reprice the box, it may still only be £35 or something, which would still be a great deal.

btw, im still waiting to order this via amazon.. price already dropped from 100$ to 60-ish. Does anyone have any experience with amazon, i mean, is the price likely to drop some more before the release, or is this the max. discount we'll get?

ps. i was gonna order some other stuff, like JT Remaster etc, so im curious, do they send it all when NLOTH gets released, or JT now - NLOTH later ?

That's well over double what it was listed at on Sunday. I wonder when they're going to start sending out the cancellation e-mails. :(

Why would they send out cancellation e-mails? when i orderd the price was about £44, so for me its actually come down,

but i dont get why amazon would actually cancell the order, as i said the boxset is actually back up on the site and ready for new orders, mines still listed in my orders.

As stated a couple of pages ago:

It has happened in the past when they listed an incorrect price by mistake that they cancelled the orders. It's also in their Conditions Of Use:
Amazon.co.uk: Help�>�Dispatch & Delivery�>�Pricing

What we do about mispricings

Despite our best efforts, a small number of the more than 1.5 million items in our catalogue are mispriced. Rest assured, however, that we verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures.

If an item's correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower amount and send you the item.

If a product's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will cancel your order and notify you of that cancellation.

So I'm really hoping this isn't a mispricing...

Ok fair enough, but even if they do cancell, it really wouldnt take 2 minutes to just re-order.

Why would they send out cancellation e-mails? when i orderd the price was about £44, so for me its actually come down,

but i dont get why amazon would actually cancell the order, as i said the boxset is actually back up on the site and ready for new orders, mines still listed in my orders.

They say they (might) cancel if the price is too low. Could you pease check your account and tell us if your price is now £41 or £18?

Ok fair enough, but even if they do cancell, it really wouldnt take 2 minutes to just re-order.

But people ordered it because of the price, that means most of us aren't gonna rush to reorder it :wink:

^ Yeah i'm not paying full price for it. I can't afford £41 at the moment so if they do cancel, i'm not reordering.

So far though in my amazon account it is still showing as £17.99. Will check my emails when i get home.

:pray:

If they bump up the price of my order, I simply won't buy it. It's an absurd price for very little of any value, and I don't let bands rape me, anymore. Especially a band hungry enough to release five different formats of one record, you know? If I wind up having to pay a lot more, I'll just cancel. Times are a bit too tight to be paying 35 quid for 11 or 12 songs and some extra paper.

If they bump up the price of my order, I simply won't buy it. It's an absurd price for very little of any value, and I don't let bands rape me, anymore. Especially a band hungry enough to release five different formats of one record, you know? If I wind up having to pay a lot more, I'll just cancel. Times are a bit too tight to be paying 35 quid for 11 or 12 songs and some extra paper.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't raise the price. If anything, they would just cancel the order.

Why didnt you just order the CD then? i mean if your not prepared to pay for the limited editon why order it?:|

:hmm: my order still shows £17.99 plus postage. Delivery due by March 4 - 5th.

I`ll keep checking though I doubt they will cancell peoples orders. By dropping the price they`ve guaranteed themselves a sizable order...........lets face it I cancelled my play.com order and how many other people cancelled orders with other suppliers.

In these economic times I think they`re actually quids in from this weekends bumper order:up:

This happened with the new Kinks box set in December on the US Amazon and they canceled the preorders. It was a much bigger price difference though. They were Japanese SHM CDs, list price was close to $160. It was accidentally listed for $16.49.

Just wanted to point out that the Magazine edition is still cheaper than its counterpart in the U.S. Amazon UK still has it at £18 ($25 U.S.), whereas Amazon U.S. is charging $35. So if you don't want to reorder the box at the new price (assuming the orders get cancelled), it's a very good deal.

This happened with the new Kinks box set in December on the US Amazon and they canceled the preorders. It was a much bigger price difference though. They were Japanese SHM CDs, list price was close to $160. It was accidentally listed for $16.49.
did they cancel quickly?

:pray::pray::pray:

Does anyone know whether they'll be doing that thing that most people seem to be doing nowadays whereby first they release the album then a few months to a year after they release a "deluxe edition" where they've recorded new additional tracks plus they change the packaging. Coldplay, Rihanna, Amy Winehouse, Duffy, Take That and Leona Lewis have all done this and I find this tactic rather naughty because if you a big fan of an artist/album you feel tempted to buy it twice. I think that they should release a normal and a deluxe addition at the same time and any new 'additional songs' should be left for the next album. With HTDAAB they had a special edition that was released at the same time as the official first release of the normal album.

If they are going to do this I'm going to have to wait for a year before I buy NLOTH.

Now I'm going to bed. No I'm not not, I'm going to the toilet. Now excuse me.

If they are going to do this I'm going to have to wait for a year before I buy NLOTH.

Just buy the damned album! You are willing to wait 7-8 months "just in case" they release a deluxe version? In that instance, download them legally or illegally.

I don't like the tactic, but I believe it is Universal "policy" for albums to be re-packaged for holiday season. However, I can't see this happening for U2 since they are already releasing 4 different versions of NLOTH.

Coldplay's deluxe version was just Prospekt's March added to Viva La Vida. PM was also available separately as an EP.

Why didnt you just order the CD then? i mean if your not prepared to pay for the limited editon why order it?:|

I am. The limited edition was advertised at £17.99. This is what I am prepared to pay. The stated price. :| From whence comes the confusion...?

What's so complicated about buying a simple album? Hell, if you don't want to afford the box set, don't buy it. Buy the regular album. I don't understand all this complaining. A box set will always cost more than the album alone. Noone is forced to buy it. If the content isn't worth the money, don't order it. I believe the content is worth the money and I ordered it. I don't mind. I've spend much more on music in the past.

I am. The limited edition was advertised at £17.99. This is what I am prepared to pay. The stated price. :| From whence comes the confusion...?

Except, I know, you know, everyone knows that the stated price was a store error. It wasn't "advertised" at that price, it was "listed" at that price and it was clearly a mistake.

Hopefully, everyone that ordered it at that price will get the steal (yes steal), but don't come off like somehow you are being cheated if you have to pay the correct price.

It's fine if the correct price doesn't make it worth it to you (that's your right) but please stop acting like you're somehow being persecuted if Amazon decides to cancel the order as per their terms and conditions.

Does anyone know whether they'll be doing that thing that most people seem to be doing nowadays whereby first they release the album then a few months to a year after they release a "deluxe edition" where they've recorded new additional tracks plus they change the packaging. Coldplay, Rihanna, Amy Winehouse, Duffy, Take That and Leona Lewis have all done this and I find this tactic rather naughty because if you a big fan of an artist/album you feel tempted to buy it twice. I think that they should release a normal and a deluxe addition at the same time and any new 'additional songs' should be left for the next album. With HTDAAB they had a special edition that was released at the same time as the official first release of the normal album.

Now I'm going to bed. No I'm not not, I'm going to the toilet. Now excuse me.

They won't do this. So feel free to go buy the album :wink:

Back
Top Bottom