u2 musical gems that everyone should have but probably don't

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Man

ONE love, blood, life
u2 musical gems that everyone should have but probably doesn't

you know what i mean.

i'm gonna have to say the stay single.

slow dancing, bono & edge alone :drool:

and

:heart: love is blindness :heart: live. best song of the nineties :up:

Last edited:
The opening of the live version of Love is Blindness is really, really beautiful. I love how delicate it is.

Bullet the Blue Sky - ZooTV

Really, the only worthwhile version of the song.

BTBS - ZOO TV is the definitive version of that song, IMHO. It's where U2 took that song as far as it could go and still be faithful to the studio version.

Plus The Edge's solo....:drool:

And I like Love is Blindness alot too. How starts real delicate and then builds to The Edge's moment.

That Stay single with all those live b sides..:drool:

Might be my favorite single of theirs.

Last edited:
Most recently - the WITS single with Kite (Live from Sydney)
For the hardcore fans - the Fire single with 11 O'Clock Tick Tock (Live from Boston)

If you don't have the UF single, you just aren't living.

The Three Sunrises / The Unforgettable Fire / A Sort Of Homecoming (live) / Love Comes Tumbling / Bass Trap

:drool:

For the general, non-U2 fan public: Drowning Man.

For U2 fans: Big Girls Are Best.

For hardcore U2 fans: Lovetown Rotterdam, 1/10/90.

Last edited:
The "Stay (Faraway, So Close)" single, as mentioned before. My favorite U2 single release.

Axver said:

The Three Sunrises / The Unforgettable Fire / A Sort Of Homecoming (live) / Love Comes Tumbling / Bass Trap

100%
I'd also add Wide Awake In America, featuring much of the above plus the definitive live version of Bad which is the definitive U2 live song.
The single for One isn't too bad either: One, Satellite of Love, Lady With The Spinning Head and Night and Day!

Axver said:

I indeed had the UF single. Was it standard 7" Gatefold???... as that is wat i had. I say had, as all my many orignal u2 7" and 12" were at my fathers house, but he disowned us so i cant get em no more. There was some lil gems in there too.
Hopefully he will die soon and i can raid the house and get em back.

Axver said:

Indeed :up: The Three Sunrises what a great unheralded song!!!

ZooTV - Running To Stand Still

Joshua Tree Tour - Bad - the extendedly long versions with Stone's Snippets and all. just amazing!!!

gman said:

I indeed had the UF single. Was it standard 7" Gatefold???... as that is wat i had. I say had, as all my many orignal u2 7" and 12" were at my fathers house, but he disowned us so i cant get em no more. There was some lil gems in there too.
Hopefully he will die soon and i can raid the house and get em back.

I have a 12" version of the UF single.

I'd have to go with the All You Can't Leave Behind outtakes: Levitate, Love You Like Mad, Flower Child...all very good songs for being demos

Almost everything U2 has done live, because they don't officially release live material.

u2thewho said:
Lovetown Live from Dublin- 12/26/1989 :drool:

God Part II/Desire/All Along The Watchtower/All I Want Is You/Where The Streets Have No Name

One of the best opening sequences to a U2 show ever...This show rocks...everyone should hear it. They never stop to catch their breath til the 7th or 8th song..

"She's a Mystery to Me" from 1989-12-30 Dublin. Actually the whole gig, but they should have kept that song & released it, screw Roy Orbison.

slug
walk to water
elvis presley and america
race against time

yea i've been delving into the atmospheric U2 music lately...i had no idea

Back
Top Bottom