U2 (Minus Bono) playing in NYC Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And you people complain about others here not getting your humor when it comes to your endless, mostly unfunny ramblings in other threads.

Yes, I find the idea of that Substitute-shirt funny and I know they didn't force him to wear it.

please...... just stop now.... please? :huh:

Actually Chris and Bruce did an okay job. It obviously was a glorified karaoke fest where the singers are closing their eyes and imagining that they are Bono but there wasn't anything horrendously bad. Definitely miss Bono.

Just watched it and i thought it was as good as it could be.

Chris martin sung the songs like chris martin sings,not the way Bono sings and i thought he did a good job. He didnt try and be Bono.

Bruce again put his own stamp on streets and his version of ishfwilf was as good as always.

Good job overall i thought.didnt compare to Bono though

Finally got around to watching the performances. Springsteen and Martin both did a nice job, though Streets and Beautiful Day were definitely the weakest. With or Without You was great. It was nice hearing a strong falsetto at the end of the song and having the verses actually being sung in a lower register rather than the talk-sing higher register that Bono has used over the last decade. Martin doesn't have the strength in the chorus that Bono has, but everything else sounded great.

Just watched it and i thought it was as good as it could be.

Chris martin sung the songs like chris martin sings,not the way Bono sings and i thought he did a good job. He didnt try and be Bono.

Bruce again put his own stamp on streets and his version of ishfwilf was as good as always.

Good job overall i thought.didnt compare to Bono though

More or less my thoughts as well. :up:

WTF was Adam introducing Kanye West from telepromter? It was all because of the contrasting to Larry´s hype afterwards? It was funny :lol:

Just as The Beatles would sound awkward without John Lennon or Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant or INXS without Micheal Hutchence.

Just as The Beatles would sound awkward without John Lennon or Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant or INXS without Micheal Hutchence.

I didn't watch but I did see Larry bellowing at the crowd to GIVE IT UP for Kanye. Priceless.

Like everyone else I'm wishing for a speedy recovery for Bono, but if he knew he was going to be performing a week on the Tonight Show AND a surprise performance in NYC...why the hell would he be on a bike?? He should be running in a big hamster ball from now on.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

He was riding a bike, not wrestling alligators and cliff diving. Not normally an activity that will put you in a coma, just a bit of bad luck for him.

I'm lazy and don't ride so maybe that's why I can't relate. In normal situations I would understand the comparison to a normal day to day life, but a singer about to do a bunch of events in the weeks to come? Something like this could have been avoided. I'm not holding anything against him honestly. Just find it surprising.

I'm lazy and don't ride so maybe that's why I can't relate. In normal situations I would understand the comparison to a normal day to day life, but a singer about to do a bunch of events in the weeks to come? Something like this could have been avoided. I'm not holding anything against him honestly. Just find it surprising.

He certainly ruined the whole promo tour, and he knows that...

If the rumors are true that tickets go on sale very soon (and everything sells out) none of this will matter anyway. Makes you wonder what they had planned after this.

I wonder if this tour will begin without Bono. If he's still hooked up to a breathing machine, how is he going to belt out In A Little While in a few months? Plus, with Leo now in the picture, I'm betting that if Bono recovers, he'll be spending a lot more time in Chile.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom