U2 -- Mercy (New Mix by DiscothequeLP)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

discothequeLP

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Alright, so I was thinking about how Mercy was such a great song, but the band decided to leave it off the album because it was too long and stretched the total album time to over an hour. I personally think that Mercy is perfect as it is, but to fit the band's wishes, and to see what it would be like as a single, I thought it would be cool if someone could make a new mix to see what it would sound like. So I did.

This new mix is a lot shorter at 5:05 -- I cut out some parts and sped it up a bit. I guess I could have sped it up some more but I think this works. Here's the link (of course, do all the YSI stuff):

http://s17.yous endit.com/d.aspx?id=23BU52KH8G7SS2HYM0Y9Q8CP59

tell me what you think!

Last edited:
at the 4:20 ish mark, on this version, there was an instumental part that you layedred Bonos vocals over right??

Thats instrumental needs to stay, in my opinion, but I understand you were trying to shorten it and keep alot of the brilliant lyrics. I would say to leave that instrumental in my opinion, thats all.

But, WOW, excellent job, that sounds fantastic and is pretty amazing job you did mixing and cutting considering you don't have the oriogional source.

I would prefer the longer version, it's just epic, I hope it gets released in that form, but I like and understand what you did, well done!

the only lyircs that got cut were part of the first verse and the second half of the second chorus. i did cut a lot of the instrumental parts.

Great job, disco! You fixed that problem at the beginning where the volume dips after the intro riff! But as innocent_eyes said, I love that instrumental part at 4:20 or whatever. I hope this song is released in all of it's 6 minute goodness!

:drool:

new 'mix'? or 'edit'?

but yeah, Disco, maybe you could send this off to a radio station.................

Are you working with the higher quality version? I think the version I have sounds better, someone cleaned it up...I could email it to you maybe.

Good job with the mix. I don't mind the cutting out of part of the first verse really, but the end seems a bit rushed. Personally I hate it when U2 (or any band) makes a song shorter for a single. Part of what I love about Mercy is how its long and epic. Still, I think you preserved the integrity of the song mostly. :up:

max. . . dont! please. listen to the full version first. i saw your post in the other thread. i'll email the full version to you right now.

Hey Disco_LP, glad to see you around :up:
I just downloaded your version, that´s pretty cool what you did.
I really like it, I´ll defenitly save it with the rest of my "special U2 mixes & remixes" :rockon:

I still haven´t heard the original yet, but this song is as good as the rest on the HTDAAB album.
Too bad they took it out, it would have made an excellent hit along with the rest.
Thanks for sharing that remix with the rest of the us Discoteque_LP , you rock brother! :rockon:

Just for that I will make you a special "Mercy" wallpaper for you my friend...I will post it soon in the PLEBA section along with the rest of the wallpapers/desktops I´m making for this excellent U2 forum....YOU deserve it! :applaud:

thanks max! i can't wait for it. i tried to email the song to you but it was too big for your inbox -- check the Music on the Internet forum for a ysi link.

AtomicBono said:
Are you working with the higher quality version? I think the version I have sounds better, someone cleaned it up...I could email it to you maybe.
atomic, i lost my cleaned up version would you mind sending me a copy? stargift@hotmail.com
Good job with the mix. I don't mind the cutting out of part of the first verse really, but the end seems a bit rushed. Personally I hate it when U2 (or any band) makes a song shorter for a single. Part of what I love about Mercy is how its long and epic. Still, I think you preserved the integrity of the song mostly. :up:

Back
Top Bottom