U2 LP13 Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, reading through the last few hundred posts, you all need to calm the fuck down.

SETTLE-THE-F-DOWN.gif

Shit what I gots to say about all this:

1) Edge's "amazing" comment was in reference to the fact that U2 will be the first band to perform a concert while orbiting the planet.

2) Bono was drunk. Interviewer was drunk. Until there is solid audio evidence that he did indeed say June, we should operate under the assumption that the album will be released in November.

3) Chinese scientists have in fact mastered invisibility cloaks, and U2 will be the first band to perform a concert while completely...well, invisible.

4) P Diddy should consider legally changing his name to B Dissed.

5) This bra is uncomfortable.

Why do people think it's a bad idea to link a single to a charity? That's what they did with One, and I remember it working out quite well for everyone involved. Granted it wasn't the LEAD single but that really doesn't matter. Am I missing something here?

don't see the issue with a June release- they can get 2 singles out ahead of the album- and double whammy promotion.

If true does seem to suggest they won't be touring this year- unless they start with arena's in the US, because I'm sure Europe won't get an arena tour

June just seem awkward. If the album comes in June, the tour will start in August/September? I suppose they could do an outdoor stadium leg in Europe late summer, then comes to the US in the fall for arenas?

If Bono says June, it means November.

Edge's comment at the press conference how OL put the album on hold and they are now getting back into it makes zero sense. OL was recorded in about June. I doubt they spent 3 months on it but let's say for argument's sake they did. So it was finished in September. We heard part of the song in October.
They were in the studio October, November and December working on the album. Adam and Larry both explicitly said they planned to finish up.
The way Edge worded it, they spent the last 6 months on OL.

Has anyone considered the possibility of U2 going the Beyoncé route and doing a surprise release? The whole 4 month build-up to album release feels so archaic and redundant in this day and age. I think there's a power in having a collective consume music in a communal fashion.

Edge's comment at the press conference how OL put the album on hold and they are now getting back into it makes zero sense. OL was recorded in about June. I doubt they spent 3 months on it but let's say for argument's sake they did. So it was finished in September. We heard part of the song in October.
They were in the studio October, November and December working on the album. Adam and Larry both explicitly said they planned to finish up.
The way Edge worded it, they spent the last 6 months on OL.

If they spent 6 months on OL, that's a joke, I'm sorry.

Has anyone considered the possibility of U2 going the Beyoncé route and doing a surprise release? The whole 4 month build-up to album release feels so archaic and redundant in this day and age. I think there's a power in having a collective consume music in a communal fashion.

I believe we considered and then shot that down last week.

I'm about 50% positive that the album is coming out the day of or the day after the Super Bowl. I was at 30% but the whole "June" news today has increased my feeling that this will happen.

Having just watched the golden globes it does appear they are ready for more than just a single launch, even down to Adams hair

The edge first says that there still working on the album and there very happy with it. Then he says that invisible is a follow on to ordinary love and that's it for the (red) campaign. Then it was that they have something amazing coming up which he couldn't say to much about. Sounds to me that's 3 different things??

(bah, never mind. I need to stop obsessing about this stuff. It's just waaaaaay too early in the year. :wink: )

It's 'Invisible,' not 'Invincible.'

Which link/video/whatever is that from? I have to say, that actually gave me pause and wonder if there's any way it *could* be non-album related.

I mean, I still think it's on the album, but ..... but .... but ..... help me find my logical center again, guys!

Damn spell checker :)

That's what the edge says on the red carpet at the golden globes.

Why talk about it in 3 stages if it's all for the same thing

1. Albums not done
2 invisible is for the (red) campaign
3 they have something amazing coming up but it's top secret

Damn spell checker :)

That's what the edge says on the red carpet at the golden globes.

Why talk about it in 3 stages if it's all for the same thing

1. Albums not done
2 invisible is for the (red) campaign
3 they have something amazing coming up but it's top secret

As people have said they don't want to reveal the release that at this event? And maybe the something special is them revealing the release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom