U2 have to be looking in this forum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vox1254

The Fly
I was just thinking. Didn't a lot of people on here say they should work with Rubin? Then all of a sudden....look who they're working with. It goes to show you that it's quite a possibility that someone in the band or someone close to the band reads these things. I know there are other examples, I just can't think of them right now. :eyebrow:

LOL , you know people on this forum didnt discover rubin you know

I sure as hope they aren't reading this forum - they might get the idea to do anything with that piece of crap Mercy.

I didn't say people on here discovered Rubin. I said people in the forum suggested how great of a producer he would be for U2.

people here commented on Rubin because there was a rumour he'd be working with U2, not the other way about

if the band would be reading this forum they'd probably quit :up:

Vox1254 said:
I didn't say people on here discovered Rubin. I said people in the forum suggested how great of a producer he would be for U2.

you dont think u2 had idea's about rubin before ?

not because of critical fans
but because of fans, be it 80s or 90s fans, who are totally unable to listen/think outside their personal preferences

they'd figure out that if they continue the 00s fans will also start moaning and would not want to put these people through this ordeal

Aygo said:

Talk for yourself and for your gang. Fortunatelly, there are people that thinks the opposite.
I have a gang? :hyper:

Boy, boy, crazy boy!
Stay loose, boy!
Breeze it, buzz it, easy does it.
Turn off the juice, boy!
Go man, go,
But not like
a yo-yo schoolboy.
Just play it cool, boy,
Real
cool!

87valewestsidecoolpu2.jpg

Last edited:
I'll take the credit...I suggested they work with Rubin a long time ago in this forum.

Now for my most diabolical suggestion:

I think that U2 should cover the "High School Musical" soundtrack.

Remember you heard it here first!!! :macdevil:

martha said:

2. I once suggested they cover Jean Genie. They did.
Wait, that one south american show where the lights were the stage show stalled and Bono went into the random power outage jam? Haha I though no one else noticed! :drool:

yeah shakira sold out but i still like her.

maybe when she has made her fame outside latin america she will go back and start singing again

vaz02 said:
yeah shakira sold out but i still like her.

maybe when she has made her fame outside latin america she will go back and start singing again
Yeah mannn, I liked Shakira before the hips. She's such a sell out now!

I sure hope they don't read this forum - for the most part, it would probably depress them. The last time we know for sure that someone from U2 checked out online boards was during the whole Ticketmaster fiasco - Larry wasn't exactly impressed with the fans accusing the band of cheating them. lol.

Originally posted by Canadiens1160: I sure as hope they aren't reading this forum - they might get the idea to do anything with that piece of crap Mercy.

Aygo wrote: Talk for yourself and for your gang. Fortunatelly, there are people that thinks the opposite.
IMO:
fact 1: Rubin is a great producer
fact 2: Mercy is overrated and stinks like an old fart
fact 3: Hola amigo Ponkine, i think Shakira is a quality act

I think it would be pretty sad and strange that U2 decided to work with Rick Rubin because someone suggested it on a forum and they thought, 'Oh, a couple of fans think it would be a good idea. Let's do it.'

If U2 were really looking at this forum and were being influenced by it, they would be making Achtung Baby 2, such is the appreciation for that genre of music and the attack of 00 music.

SpaceOddity said:
I sure hope they don't read this forum - for the most part, it would probably depress them. The last time we know for sure that someone from U2 checked out online boards was during the whole Ticketmaster fiasco - Larry wasn't exactly impressed with the fans accusing the band of cheating them. lol.

I really hope they don't read it either. I used to think it would be cool, but then I got kinda paranoid, and it made me watch my posts, which was EXTREMELY idiotic I admit (only lasted like a week after I found out about the Fake Edge thingy) but the amount of negativity on this forums would make the band quite depressed I reckon. The giving themselves to these records, and there are 30,000 people openly bashing them. Not exactly a confidence booster from the supposed diehards, is it?

And I thought Shakira's first album was ok, but that 'Hips Don't Lie' song is the worst recording I have heard in a loooooooong time. I can't stand it. It is horrible. I can put into words how much I hate that song. The whiny chorus vocal, the whole thing is just...ugh. :yuck:

Hi. Bono Here,

Yeah, I came in here the other day, and thought...you guys in blue crack land were saying we should work with Rick!.

Ricks got a lot of soul, and you know with U2 the goal is soul, and you gotta kneel to feel....Hello Hello!

-Love Bono

P.S - I'm On A Diet.

Re: Re: U2 have to be looking in this forum

bono_man2002 said:
Hi. Bono Here,

Yeah, I came in here the other day, and thought...you guys in blue crack land were saying we should work with Rick!.

Ricks got a lot of soul, and you know with U2 the goal is soul, and you gotta kneel to feel....Hello Hello!

-Love Bono

P.S - I'm On A Diet.

bono u got msn ?

btw can u still sing lemon ?

If they were, they'd probably disband, not knowing which musical direction to take next.

jacobus said:

IMO:
fact 1: Rubin is a great producer
fact 2: Mercy is overrated and stinks like an old fart
fact 3: Hola amigo Ponkine, i think Shakira is a quality act

Yeah, keep on convincing yourself about that. Thankfully, that's YOUR opinion and not a fact.:)

Back
Top Bottom