"U2 has got the greatest live show"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
From U2log.com

'Scroll to 26 minutes into the show to see Jann Wenner, editor of Rolling Stone, interviewed on the Charlie Rose show. When asked if The Beatles were the greatest band of all time, Jann Wenner agrees they were the greatest studio band but that he thinks The Rolling Stones were the greatest band. He then adds U2 have the greatest live show:'

“Now, in terms of a live show, U2 has got the greatest live show. U2 has become more relevant, to what’s going on. You go to a U2 show, and they’re singing songs that they wrote just last week or two years ago… they are about contemporary events.

Bono’s up there… it’s a religious experience. You come to a section in the U2 show, where Bono puts on a blindfold as if he’s a prisoner of Abu Ghraib with his hands over his head, with a Muslim crescent, a Star of David, and a cross over his head… and starts talking about… it’s like seeing Martin Luther King… it’s mesmerizing. Between that and the fact that their music is much more modern and based on electronics and echo… things that works much better in a large venue. They really… that’s the show to see… that’s the show”

Let the bitching commence.

As a true U2 fan, even I think that U2's concerts are definately up there but not the greatest.

Let's not forget Pink Floyd.

MrBrau1 said:
this is a "U2 Sucks" site.

You're on the wrong board.

That's nice. So do you really think posts like these make this site 'better'?

Sicy said:

That's nice. So do you really think posts like these make this site 'better'?

You should PM me if you wish to talk with me regarding other issues.

I'd rather not do this in public.

thanks.

Oh dear. In the past three years, owing to my location, I have only managed to see three concerts. I expect that if I were to say that U2, while being exceptional, did not put on the greatest show of the lot, Brau will have a tizzy. Can't have that now, can we?

I wouldn't say U2 have the greatest live show, but they did play the three best live gigs I've seen.

U2Man said:
i've heard that radiohead has a really awesome live show.

Pretty ordinary in comparison.

And they just had shite songs (cept for Creep) before Ok Computer was released.

i saw u2 in melb nov o6 and then robbie williams in december 06.

robie williams had a more "spectacular" show in terms of fire works and lights and so on, but the atmosphere was a big fat 0.
(mabey because he was tired and heading into rehab again soon i dont know)

Nothing beats the atmosphere, emotion and crowd unity of a u2 show.
when i left those u2 shows, i knew i had experienced one of the most pivotal moments of my life,
when i saw robbie it was like yeah he was good, but it didnt touch me.

Lally1011 said:
As a true U2 fan, even I think that U2's concerts are definately up there but not the greatest.

Let's not forget Pink Floyd.

Pink Floyd is great. I don't know about greatest.

When I said that U2's live shows are great, I didn't mean to necessarily say the greatest. That's something that can change on any given night.

intedomine said:

Pretty ordinary in comparison.

And they just had shite songs (cept for Creep) before Ok Computer was released.

they all play though, 3 guitars :drool:

it's not like they only have one guy playing, one guy pretending now and then, and a million backing tracks playing behind.

Last edited:
I saw the Stream (not all of it) but I don't hear the guy telling that about U2 - not in the 26 minute and not after that :( does which exactly minute the guy tell this things about U2?

- I saw Pink Floyd back in the early 90s - and I think U2 were a way better live band. And sometimes they still are (I hope we will see that in the U23D movie)

perrypickwick said:
I saw the Stream (not all of it) but I don't hear the guy telling that about U2 - not in the 26 minute and not after that :( does which exactly minute the guy tell this things about U2?

- I saw Pink Floyd back in the early 90s - and I think U2 were a way better live band. And sometimes they still are (I hope we will see that in the U23D movie)

They had the wrong video linked at first. It is fixed now since I commented on it. I think most people just read the transcript and didn't even watch the video.

Dana

toscano said:

still shite though

are you calling songs such as the bends, fake plastic trees, just, high and dry and street spirit shite?

not even mrbrau would agree with you here. and that says a lot when we're talking about radiohead.

Back
Top Bottom