U2 Feedback in danger! EVERYONE MUST READ!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the time being... and because a few people have requested me to do so (and when it comes to this I'm not gonna argue...):

I have setup a paypal acccount (paypal@plot180.net) which you can make donations/contributions to:

Click this link to make a donation

Again, thanks for your support!

Joel

------------------
-Elvis http://interference.com

[This message has been edited by Elvis (edited 09-15-2001).]

Well allright I'll help as much as possible doing some research. I'm currently working outta of the the school's tv station here at USC they've just started implimenting servers, enough to put the station on air live 24/7 through the net. I'm supposed to be helping the online production guy so I can definately get some answers if given questions.
But I would like to know how many servers are we working out of now Elvis? Second if we were able to buy that many servers would you be doing this from home? How much memory are you using? How much do you think will be the monthly costs? How much time do we have? I can try to get some numbers if you think that's best solution but right now it would be easier for us to help if we were given options. And since you've been hosting this place for so long I'm sure you know what's possible and what's not. So the more info you give us the best we can help.

-Marina B. I.

P.S. what did this company do? where did it go?

Right now, due to the time constraints, I am looking to ensure that we are able to maintain present hosting for atleast another month. Once this is secured, I will decide what to do technically... although I have already started checking into hardware, software, and bandwidth requirements, as well as costs. When I've got all the right numbers together, I'll present them here. As far as the present costs - There are 2 servers running U2 stuff, one specifically dedicated to Feedback, the other to interference.com, u2news.com, and u2wire.com. Total costs for the 2 are $600/mo. Based on how much we can raise, I will determine the route we go.

Thanks for being part of Feedback and Interference,

Joel

------------------
-Elvis http://interference.com

[This message has been edited by Elvis (edited 09-15-2001).]

This in my opinion is THEY best U2 site on the internet!!!

I would have thought advertiser would be lined up around the corner!

I think you should get adverts it will cut some of the cost. Maybe not alot but at least it is something.

If you need any help email me at regdec@hotmail.com

I will donate!

------------------
Running to Stand Still-"you gotta cry without weeping, talk without speaking, scream without raising your voice."

"we're not burning out we're burning up...we're the loudest folk band in the world!"-Bono

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
I WILL DONATE MY LIFE SAVINGS TO SAVE FEEDBACK!!!!

And dont think I'm joking.

mad.gif

We need money, sorry.

Can i send cash ? Maybe the Dutch feedbackers
can donate in one time. Who want to donate
some in my name ? ( offcourse i will
pay back )

------------------
I can`t change the world but i can
change the world in me.

Read you, Rono.

Originally posted by Rono:
Can i send cash ? Maybe the Dutch feedbackers
can donate in one time. Who want to donate
some in my name ? ( offcourse i will
pay back )

Sounds like a good idea. We can work something out during our interferencediner in Amersfoort.

Originally posted by Gloria:
Sounds like a good idea. We can work something out during our interferencediner in Amersfoort.

And we want this not to be the last dinner
of us as feedbackers.

I'm willing to donate, but I don't have any credit card (I'm not old enough...
frown.gif
). So what can I do now??

PayPal can accept funds from credit cards AND from bank accounts. I have used PayPal many times to pay off auctions - and have had the money taken directly from my banking account. In other words, it's like writing a check.

So if you do not have a credit card, but you have a bank account and know the information, you can create a PayPal account to withdraw funds from there.

PayPal is VERY safe and secure. I love it and highly recommend it. I am very glad Joel chose to use PayPal for donations.

Well, we are off to a good start. We have had to more donations made one of a fairly sizeable amount. I won't mention names and amounts at this time - as I'm not sure if people would like that information disclosed.

But they know who they are, and I thank them!

As for sending other forms of money...

The US postal system is on crack right now due to last week's events. This should be a last resort on how to send money. Paypal does accept check payments, and is INCREDIBLY secure.

Several people have emailed me worried about if I have a job or not (as I mentioned the company going out of business). I was out of work for about 3 months, but have now been working again for about 3.5 months. Working for a dotcom was fun... while it lasted
smile.gif

------------------
-Elvis
http://interference.com

dumb question but that PayPal thing doesn't seem to be geared for anyone outside of the US. I can't put my correct address in.

What do i need to do?

I want to help out too?

Also Is it worth chatting to whoever runs U2.com and atu2.com see if they can offer any help or suggestions

I'll be visiting the PayPal thing. I don't have any computer connections to help with this sort of thing but let me know if there's anything else I can do!

Another alternative to PayPal, is BidPay. Elvis, if you can set up something for BidPay, it allows those with credit cards to send a payment overseas via a money order. Just another safe alternative (especially for those who are unable to use PayPal).

Originally posted by Eliv8:
Please post a mailing address or PO box address.

Yes, please do this. I can't deal with PayPal. I don't want anyone there to have my bank account info.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

Originally posted by martha:
Yes, please do this. I can't deal with PayPal. I don't want anyone there to have my bank account info.

I must stress, you do NOT have to give them your bank account information. You can also pay using a credit card. You can also use BidPay to send a money order. The money order will be charged to your credit card.

However, if neither option works for you, then having an address to mail checks/money orders to might be the best alternative. I just don't want people fearing using PayPal.

sorry, I won't be giving you any of my money elvis

there are a lot of people, families and humanitarian relief organizations who need these donations a lot more than your website

am i being slightly hypocritical? maybe I am for even being here

please consider forwarding those donations to the American National Red Cross instead, or not, it's your lives, your money, your world -- I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to keep this website going, but I'm skeptical about the way it's being accomplished, and it's secondary to the needs of victims and survivors who desperately need any donations that can be made

not a sermon, just a suggestion

thank you,
God Bless

Iam sending munitions in the form of $s.

Iam sending 'diamondpositive' thoughts and energy your way,Elvis.

Something tells me Elvis w/your talent you will perservere.

Iam also grabbing some of Bear's buschels of FRIES,LARGE FRIES -I might add and sprinkling them upon the masses NOW..

Godspeed....

D
B

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

OMG!!!!!!! Well I think my parents would be a bit peeved if I stole their credit card, so I'll help out by *bump*ing this thread so others will see it.

------------------
~*Mona*~
"We're one, but we're not the same. We get to carry each other"

Back
Top Bottom