U2 feat Mary J. Blige-One video!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really don't like her singing the song.. it ruins the mystic for me..
Bono sings it more sensitive, he puts his heart in it, she sings it like she's got no breathe left and is nearly dying or so... or like she's giving birth!

Galeongirl said:
I really don't like her singing the song.. it ruins the mystic for me..
Bono sings it more sensitive, he puts his heart in it, she sings it like she's got no breathe left and is nearly dying or so... or like she's giving birth!

Totally agree. Y' can't beat the B when it comes to singing One. No one else should sing it...bit like Freddie Mercury and his Barcelona....no one else should sing that either..

Oh I'll have to agree with the rest of the gals, her version is cool, but I definitely like the original one even more... it is just.. I dunno, it is definitely those U2 and only U2 songs for me :yes:

I just wanted to clarify that it's actually Mary J. Blige featuring U2... It's on her album and it's her cover....

She has amazing vocals and does an amazing job on this song. She's not trying to replace One, Bono or U2 - just paying respect to a song that is so beautiful and iconic that it crosses over to any realm. U2 have covered many songs of other artist. I truly don't understand why this is freaking out so many people :shrug:
I just saw her on David Letterman and thought she is so good and powerful in her own right.
Remind's me alot of Bono and how he can bring so much passion to someone else's song and into a new light.
U2 have always done other artist songs and bad or good they've always shown respect to these artist in their albums and shows.
So I guess I'm saying, just respect their decisions. They've been around the block a few times. They know what they are doing.
*end or rant* :wink:

there's a video?

Great so that brings the total of One videos up to four :lol:

SHH..I know it's not a U2 video persay

sue4u2 said:
She has amazing vocals and does an amazing job on this song. She's not trying to replace One, Bono or U2 - just paying respect to a song that is so beautiful and iconic that it crosses over to any realm. U2 have covered many songs of other artist. I truly don't understand why this is freaking out so many people :shrug:
I just saw her on David Letterman and thought she is so good and powerful in her own right.
Remind's me alot of Bono and how he can bring so much passion to someone else's song and into a new light.
U2 have always done other artist songs and bad or good they've always shown respect to these artist in their albums and shows.
So I guess I'm saying, just respect their decisions. They've been around the block a few times. They know what they are doing.
*end or rant* :wink:
:applaud:

At first I couldn't get into the version but after several lessons its really grown on me and I think Mary has done a great job. The trouble is we have the original so etched on our minds we're a little bit prejudiced!

I just love this version - don't care what anyone says - :) Of all the R&B singers I only like MJB and I love what she does with this song. Can't think of anyone better to cover this song at the moment. Oh and the film clip is great!
Very savvy of the boys to release this version and bring this great song back into to the attention of the "younger" music fans who may have ignored it in the past.

Back
Top Bottom