U2 fans ruin shows...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
andyuk said:
can you imagine what u2 would think if there audience just stood still and did not sing or jump around? i think they would call it a day!
It's a good job thtat the band did'nt take any notice of some of the boring bastards stood near me at manchester1 or they would call it a day:mad:

brwh1 said:

if you want to concentrate on the intricacies of edges guitar work do it on your sofa

I would have done so, but they wouldn't let me bring my couch onto the pitch.

Yea but singing the WooHoos to elevation is fine (thats what its there for) and the 'Ohh you look.' part to COBL - but why do people have to singalong to Beautiful Day when theres no real need....jump about sure..but most are just shouting random crap.

Oh and an example would be - dunno if anyone saw the boy at the back of the inner circle jumping around to The Killers and then U2 (you would know him if you saw him) - what an utter dickhead.

OK I dont really think he was singing, but worth mentioning - plus he got into some peoples faces (and they didnt seem to like it)

I have... I just want people who do it to know there are people out there who think they are tossers!

mo786 said:
I have... I just want people who do it to know there are people out there who think they are tossers!
well that will be about 90% of people who go to a show then

mo786 said:
why do people have to singalong to Beautiful Day when theres no real need....jump about sure..but most are just shouting random crap.

"BD" is pretty tough to sing along to, actually. It's one of the few that I don't -- those verses are tough.

Yep, I sing. Loud. To every song. Everybody does. Deal.

Neilz said:

I don't think that U2 really expects anything from their audience...

:no: No. Do you think U2 would be unphased if their fans were completely mute and still throughout their set? They definetely expect response/participation to some degree. Whether they are entitled to this or deserve it is a whole different matter though...:s

hahahahaha Stupiest Thread Ever. C'mon it's A Rock And Roll Show!!!!!!!!!!! I'm Loud at each u2 concerts, i'm also crying, dancing and screaming for a second and third encore!...

I'd say that a big part of the U2 concert experience is hearing the crowd sing (and Bono appreciates it when his voice is weak).

The crowd at LA1 did a beautiful job with RTSS. It was simply amazing. :up:

When I saw this thread title, I honestly thought it was going to be about the lame ass people who sit on their butts most of the show. To me, thats what can put a damper on a show. People actually think fans singing along can ruin a show???

The best U2 shows I've been to are the ones where the crowd is raucous. I don't know if its a great performance by the band that increases the energy of the crowd or the crowd's energy that improves the performance of the band.

This thread has to be a joke right!!!!
Bono loves us to sing along...he asks us to.

I'm now going to settle this ENTIRE THREAD with something someone may want to borrow for their user-signiture...

When you sing along to U2 in concert, it's like singing HYMNS in CHURCH

Last edited:
I'd far rather be surrounded by fans yelling, shouting, drinking beer, and not being stuck up idiots than a bunch of robots.

It supposed to be a fucking rock and roll concert, let the OAP's stay at home and do some knitting or else go to the freaking opera.

why do we even reply to this CRAP Fu**ing Thread....(I'm the first stupid to even reply!). I'm proud of being Loud When Zoo Station starts the encore!

I knew all the words, I clapped when required etc.

All the people on the rail with me were pretty relaxed, the people behind were not tho!

The whole point of this thread is a joke right? God, what are you on?????

The whole point of a U2 concert is to go crazy, dance, sing, have fun&do what you want, as long as you're not deliberately setting out to bug people, like being pissed or whattever!!!!

I couldn't believe the number of bores in particular sitting down almost all the way thru the 2nd Twickenham show!!!! :der: :yawn: :down: :tsk:

Zoo Station was bloody amazing! It just seemed WEIRD to hear it live since it's been a long-gone song left in ZOO TV for the last ten years!! When they started playing it I was nearly in AWE and had no choice but to sing along to every line! Who WOULDN'T?!

blahblahblah said:
Zoo Station was bloody amazing! It just seemed WEIRD to hear it live since it's been a long-gone song left in ZOO TV for the last ten years!! When they started playing it I was nearly in AWE and had no choice but to sing along to every line! Who WOULDN'T?!

It was fucking brilliant wasn't it, and it's done my voice in.

I don't know why other folks weren't dancing around me. Maybe because they were watching tv...

Give me u2 and 8 guinness before the gig and i'll jump for a clown who want's the last seat on the last lifeboat on titanic

mo786 said:

LMAO Oh ok, I'll let you know when I start giving a shit about those tossers. Priceless...go to a U2 gig and not sing along?

I sang like my life depended on it, as did the vast majority of the people surrounding me inside the first barrier. The guy next to me was a terrible singer, but you know what...I couldn't give a shit about that either. He was, like everyone else, just delighted to be there and enjoying himself.

Funnily enough, I managed to pay more attention to the band.

"Next lunatic thread please...form an orderly queue" :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom