U2.com's latest subscription "gift"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:sigh:
The OCD nerd in me is not happy with the labelling of the tracks on this release. Both for WLCTT and God Part II there are 3 different labels. The name of the song differs on the digital file, the tracklisting on the sleeve of the original promo and on the labels of the original vinyl. So what's the correct name??? :crack:
(And though it then would not mimic the original promo anymore I would have preferred the 9:23 Hollywood Remix of Desire as that one has never been released on CD before)

I just got a UPS shipping notice from Live Nation...got my JT singles a long time ago, so the 3D dance mixes might be starting to ship...

EDIT: Just noticed a Live Nation email too, confirms it's the 2018 gift.

Rumor is next years gift is going to be a digital only album containing 20 unreleased songs.

10 will be Love is Bigger Remixes
10 will be Summer of Love Remixes

What’s sad is I know some of you who read his aren’t smiling because you know that there is a real possibility that this might happen.....like 48% chance!

Wait, what the fuck is this? Is this seriously the subscriber gift ? I hadn't been paying attention to what it was going to be and it just arrived today. What in the hell IS this?

I don’t get it. If they wanted a R&H gift, why not put audio of the movie performances on vinyl? I’d say most of us would much prefer that!

I usually at least like the gift, so I didn't put up a fuss, but this just felt like a final slap in the face to that whole ticket catastrophe.

Wait, what the fuck is this? Is this seriously the subscriber gift ? I hadn't been paying attention to what it was going to be and it just arrived today. What in the hell IS this?

I said the same thing. Before I knew what the “gift” was, someone posted it here and I thought it was one of the joke threads. Turns out we were the joke.

I mean three 30 year old remixes that have previously all been released and are widely available on YouTube are the “gift” for being in the U2 fan club......LOL

You would think they would give a live show or something from Love Town, JT30 or iE...hell select cuts from live shows but no....

The RSD vinyl release will be a 12" single of Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me. Maybe that means they are holding back the Red Flag Day/Love Is Bigger recorded live in Third Man Studios earlier this year for the next U2.com sub gift.

And the 2019 subscriber gift is...

https://www.u2.com/news/title/innocence--experience-live-2015--2018?fbclid=IwAR2dPPjZqKqBJrXJwrhfKX0gCHmDCMj6O9ROevcGj65NnVFCUvGG3TrEc7g

iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live, 2015 & 2018

Two albums.

Two tours.

Two years.

A limited edition double CD & digital release capturing the i+e Tour and the e+i Tour is the 2019 special gift for U2.com Subscribers.

It's the ultimate live set on double CD, beautifully presented in a photographic book documenting the iNNOCENCE and eXPERIENCE tours of 2015 and 2018.

This one-off special release, produced by the band especially for U2.com subscribers, will not be on sale online or in store.

From "The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)", "Every Breaking Wave" and "Song for Someone" to "The Blackout", "Get Out Of Your Own Way" and "13 (There Is A Light)", this is the ultimate live companion to Songs Of Innocence and Songs Of Experience, celebrating two extraordinary tours.

The complete tracklisting will be published in early 2019 with shipping beginning in Spring 2019.

They didn't omit the "First access to ticket presales, if the band announce tour dates" line at least.

From "The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)", "Every Breaking Wave" and "Song for Someone" to "The Blackout", "Get Out Of Your Own Way" and "13 (There Is A Light)", this is the ultimate live companion

They really don't like promoting their better songs.

I assume they will want to highlight the new songs. In keeping with the 11 tracks per disc (Ala U22), I could see something like the following;
Innocence disc:
Miracle
Iris
Cedarwood road
Song for Someone
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Raised By wolves
Until End of the World or Invisible
Every Breaking Wave
Bullet the Blue Sky
Beautiful Day
Streets or One

Experience disc:
Blackout
Lights of Home
Zoo station
Fly
Stay
Wild Horses
Acrobat
Best Thing or summer of love
Get out of your own way
American soul or NYD
Love is Bigger

Ugh. Great idea, but a fucking CD? Who plays cds any more except really old people? Having high res audio files renders cds redundant.

Why not have an option to pay $10-15 more and get this on vinyl instead? If I get a physical medium, I want a useful/aesthetic/collectible one that I might actually play.

Ugh. Great idea, but a fucking CD? Who plays cds any more except really old people? Having high res audio files renders cds redundant.

Why not have an option to pay $10-15 more and get this on vinyl instead? If I get a physical medium, I want a useful/aesthetic/collectible one that I might actually play.

Yes, I'm that old that I prefer CD to vinyl. This because I actually play CDs (and don't like to switch sides every 15-20 minutes, especially with live recordings). So as a CD collector this is a much better gift than all those vinyl singles of the past years.

That does sound like a decent set, but unless you live in Oceania or Asia (the only possible upcoming tour dates), you're not getting much benefit for that subscription fee beyond the CDs.

Certainly not worth $50.

I look forward to downloading a rip of it, or better yet, listening to bootlegs of e+i that actually have Red Flag Day on it.

Looks good and I give the band credit for releasing a good gift again. Wish it was an official release though. Not sure I can justify $50 just for that, especially since they won’t be touring in the US next year.

Instead, I’ll gladly pay $15 for someone to sell me their digital code, or hope someone is kind enough to upload it.

I also tried to come up with a tracklisting for the 2 discs. I wanted to limit myself to 15 tracks per disc, but I couldn't manage to get it below 17 songs. If the actual tracklisting resembles this one a bit then I'm a very happy person. :happy:

iNNOCENCE
1. The Miracle
2. The Electric Co. (or I Will Follow)
3. Iris
4. Cedarwood Road
5. Song For Someone
6. Sunday Bloody Sunday
7. Raised By Wolves
8. Until The End Of The World
9. Invisible
10. Desire (yes, The Crystal Ballroom, Two Hearts Beat As One, Volcano, etc. are more preferred)
11. Every Breaking Wave
12. October
13. Bullet The Blue Sky
14. Zooropa
16. Where The Streets Have No Name
17. One (or ISHFWILF)

eXPERIENCE
1. The Blackout
2. Lights Of Home
3. Gloria (or I Will Follow, Red Flag Day)
4. Dirty Day
5. Zoo Station
6. Stay
7. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
8. Even Better Than The Real Thing
9. Acrobat
10. You're The Best Thing About Me
11. Summer Of Love
12. Pride
13. Get Out Of Your Own Way
14. American Soul
15. City Of Blinding Lights
16. Love Is Bigger Than Anything In Its Way
17. 13 (There Is A Light)

If one were to browse Discogs, 50 would seem totally worth it back then. Live fanclub releases that are a few years old are always in demand.

Also, I hope that there are songs that can’t fit on the cds offered online to subscribers. Like the 360 era subscriptions.

As someone who regularly paid $50 or more back in the late 80's early 90's for crappy audience bootlegs on CDs, paying $40 for a professionally released 2 CD collection of live tracks only available in limited quantity is certainly a good deal in my opinion. But I get why people may not feel the same way if they didn't have those experiences.

I do wish they would also offer the option of hi-rez loss downloads as well though. Since I don't even have a CD player anymore, the tracks will be ripped and the discs will be put into storage with the rest of my physical media.

Fuck, welcome to the Australian experience - pay year on year for the gift only. I feel so sorry for people who are tossing up whether to pay given no pre sale value this time around :eyeroll:

Back
Top Bottom