U2.com's latest subscription "gift"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just hope they make all the songs available to download soon. I’m not even sure I have a CD player that works. I just want you upload to my Apple Music so it shows in my library.

My 10+ year old CD burner makes some funny noises nowadays when it's spinning. But it still manages to rip the CDs I occasionally get pretty well!

But they are more useful. At least to me, as I don't have a turntable. Plus, it's a live recording, I don't want to get up every 15 minutes to change sides.
Surrrrrrre but you're obviously an exception here, as the overwhelming number of people are using digital media and not any physical media to consume their music - so a lossless download and a vinyl that may actually hold some future value would make more sense.

Surrrrrrre but you're obviously an exception here, as the overwhelming number of people are using digital media and not any physical media to consume their music - so a lossless download and a vinyl that may actually hold some future value would make more sense.

I think there is no vinyl vs cd. Both are collectable. I buy U2 records (not those colourvinyls ), just to collect, not to play them, they just look great, but Vinyl is a lot more vulnerable than a cd. So I will not buy a record player. I like it that there are vinyl gifts and cd gifts.

Cd 's could offer a soundquality that's a lot better than the 'normal' cd. Multichannel, high definition, blu-ray music has never been promoted so well. Vinyls offer great sound quality but I'm convinced dvd/blu-ray audio can offer the same or even better sound.

Digital streams/downloads are not interesting for collectors I think. (Nice) Factory printed artwork is the key in all of this.

An overwhelming number of people who are paying members of U2.com, though?

It’s a demographic that skews older than the average music listener.

An overwhelming number of people who are paying members of U2.com, though?

It’s a demographic that skews older than the average music listener.
I mean... even my parents have stopped buying CDs.

And to martin's point above... Vinyl hold more value as a collectable merely because they're more fragile.

I'm not even arguing about whatever people still listen to shit on. I'd prefer a vinyl specifically because I will never in a million years actually play the physical medium, so I'd prefer something that could hold more value down the road.

They would start sending this shit out the week I'm moving, right?

Hopefully shipping confirmations means the full set will be available for download shortly.

Yeah my thought too. I don’t even care about the CD. I’m just going to send it to a friend. But I want the MP3’s so I can add them to my Apple Music library.

I assumed I’d have to renew for another year to get this but just got a shipping mail. I’ve genuinely lost track of the rules around these things.

So do we actually get tracking info on this? I have no clue when mine will arrive but I got shipping info 2 days ago.

Mine had a tracking number and link but it didn't work yet as it is too soon.

I also don't have a CD player. My set will be stored away after looking through the booklet and stuff. I am assuming I will be able to find a FLAC rip of the discs online so that is the only way I will be able to listen to it.

That’s so weird. Mine didn’t have one. Did yours have an expected shipping timeframe?

Spoiler.....

UPS haven't actually received the package yet! Its coming from the US and I'm in the UK, so I'm holding out for the downloads being released shortly!

Annnd it turns out my just showed up. Out of the blue. The book is a bit smaller than I expected...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom