[U2.com] In London, Shooting A Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I disagree completely when it comes to 90s videos.

The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Even Better Than The Real Thing
One
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Numb
Lemon
Stay
Hold Me Thrill Me
Discotheque
Staring At The Sun
Please

Best videos ever! :drool:

Please, Stay and Even Better than the Real Thing are probably their best three videos. Though I do like Beautiful Day a lot, too.

Yeah I love the Beautiful Day video too! Walk On and Sometimes are not bad either. :up:

agreed- I liked Sometimes you can't make it on your own a lot as far as video goes. I really like the song too, so that helps. but the simplicity of was really good I thought. Not a lot of crazy gimmicks ala Elevation - but whatever. If there's a bad video, it doesn't bug me too much because I seldom watch the videos as it is, but I do appreciate the really good ones.

Wait, is this "Sexy Boots" line confirmed or just speculated because of the beach clip?

If we're talking about the level of cheesiness, Elevation would seem like Running To Stand Still in comparison.

I don't think it's been confirmed, but it sure sounds like it.

When I first heard that line I was somewhat annoyed, too. However, I'm withholding judgement until I hear the official version. The delivery of it may be cool. "Satisfaction" by the Stones could've been corny, but it's not. You know?

I don't think it's been confirmed, but it sure sounds like it.

When I first heard that line I was somewhat annoyed, too. However, I'm withholding judgement until I hear the official version. The delivery of it may be cool. "Satisfaction" by the Stones could've been corny, but it's not. You know?

Sexy Boots is nowhere near confirmed as a title, in fact it couldn't be less confirmed.

Sexy Boots is nowhere near confirmed as a title, in fact it couldn't be less confirmed.

I never said it was confirmed as a title. The title is "Get On Your Boots." I was talking about the line in the song sounds like it. djerdap was talking about the line in the song, not the title.

I thought the Sexy Boots title was dismissed as soon as "Get On Your Boots" was mentioned? :confused:

Ah okay.. just saw coemgen's post!

there were some articels who said the first single will be called "sexy boots" - example:
U2 singer Bono blamed for new tracks being leaked on YouTube after passerby records him playing songs from new album in France | The Sun |Showbiz|Bizarre

and in the beach clip I think it's obvious that this ist "sexy boot" and not "get on your boots".

Those articles were written by crap reporters who found info on this site and took it as truth. The title of the song isn't the only thing they got wrong.

So this IS the six o' clock song then?

Bono explains that numbers are significant in each of the new songs, and slips in another CD that may be the first track on the album. Its opening lyric is, “It’s six o’clock …”

Profile - USATODAY.com

For the past few records, the first single has been the same as the initial track of the album: Vertigo for How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb, Beautiful Day for All That You Can't Leave Behind and Discotheque for POP. :hmm:
I might've stated this before though, sorry but I'm soooo excited! :hyper:

Get On Your Boots has been mentioned as the first single in both Q and It Might Get Loud as well, right?

I disagree completely when it comes to 90s videos.

The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Even Better Than The Real Thing
One
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
Numb
Lemon
Stay
Hold Me Thrill Me
Discotheque
Staring At The Sun
Please

Best videos ever! :drool:

I'll give you that the 90's do stand out as far as videos for U2, but some of these were pretty embarassing.

To put it in perspective think about if another band had done them...

I always hated Mysterious Ways, it looked like someone who just got a handycam with built in effects filmed it.

I like Lemon, but I think it was trying a little too hard, hey look we heard of this arthouse guy and shot video like him, aren't we cool?

Numb is silly, and I'm not sure if I would like it if it was Pearl Jam or REM doing it, OK maybe REM could pull it off...

Wild Horses and Please I thought deserved much much better videos.

And Disco downright sucked in every possible way, except the mirrorball guitar.

and in the beach clip I think it's obvious that this ist "sexy boot" and not "get on your boots".

Not obvious at all... If the word "sexy" is mentioned at all then its only about twice in the entire song. All the other times it's either "get your boots" or "get on your boots".

I loved the video for please. The only part I didn't like was the bad lipsynching by Bono with all the leaves blowing around him. Otherwise, I thought it was cool.

Could I be the jerk who asks for someone to e-mail the beach clip to me? I only have the pre-2008 ones (sheepishly ducks behind something) :reject: (trashdaveed@gmail.com) - and I figure everyone is here and not in the recent bc threads. Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom