U2.com gift for 2009 subscriptions / ALL U2.com Discussion / U2.com Re-Design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A minor gripe but; funny how the artwork for many of the singles is so pixelated and in some cases washed out, you'd think someone somewhere would have better quality artfiles for the U2_3 -> R&H era?

Should we wait til closer to the presale before signing up in case they decide to do something again for a potential Spring 2010 leg? What's the risk in waiting before signing up?

Should we wait til closer to the presale before signing up in case they decide to do something again for a potential Spring 2010 leg? What's the risk in waiting before signing up?

I think it'd be wise to wait at least a few days. There seems to be A LOT of bugs (again). I posted my problem in the tech support section, and after I posted my profile again reverted back to showing that I HAVE renewed. What a mess. :down::mad:

Anyone else having this problem.......?

My previous user name which I have had continuosly since December 2004 had a space in it and now it says that this is invalid and so I can't login to the new site to renew membership. I tell you that if my temp membership expires before I get in then I have had it with U2.com for ever, presale code or no fricking presale code.

I'm sure it was raised before, but anybody knows how the pre-sale is going to work? If scalpers buy tons of memberships like the last time then there's a high risk of getting screwed (again :sad:). Also, I don't trust ticketbastard :mad: with handling it properly.

sigh...

I registered a log in but didn't fill out the name, address, etc page. But nonetheless, I didn't get an email confirmation asking me to confirm it.

:mad:

50 bucks!!??

My "reward" for signing up is a compilation CD of songs that I already own because I have been a longtime fan! :angry:

If the appeal of GREAT tickets wasn't so high I'd say screw this in a heartbeat. The thing is that I still don't have a warm fuzzy about how GREAT those tickets will be and if I am guaranteed to get them! Sorry, but I'm still burnt by the "pre-sale" tickets I got for Chicago Vertigo that were in the rafters...I got better seats through the public sale!!

:mad:

50 bucks!!??

My "reward" for signing up is a compilation CD of songs that I already own because I have been a longtime fan! :angry:

If the appeal of GREAT tickets wasn't so high I'd say screw this in a heartbeat. The thing is that I still don't have a warm fuzzy about how GREAT those tickets will be and if I am guaranteed to get them! Sorry, but I'm still burnt by the "pre-sale" tickets I got for Chicago Vertigo that were in the rafters...I got better seats through the public sale!!

Yeah that is the only appeal for me too...I really hope that they figure everything out and have it so that the pre-sale seats are actually good seats:wave:

So far I like the new site, and the gift is actually something I'm going to enjoy, since I never bought the Complete U2 and don't have all of those tracks. But I do have a complaint already--I always save my coupon to put toward my subscription renewal, and because the administrators over there kept saying to wait to renew and my subscription lapsed by a few weeks, my coupon expired :down:

$50 is ridiculous, and there's no way I'd start a new subscription. But maybe that's the point--that they're trying to scare some people off. I'm glad that there are going to be presale codes, but I'm disappointed that they seem to be issuing them to everybody and not in a way that gives priority to people who have been members for a long time. That opens the door to a whole horde of scalpers, and I'm skeptical things will work any better than they did last time, unless venues give over a larger percentage of tickets to presales.

I haven't had any problems at all. :shrug: Here's what I've done in case it helps anyone else:

- I'm a member who renewed last November before they sent out the email telling people to hold off on renewing.
- When someone posted in this thread a week or two ago about posting in Zootopia to tell them when you renewed, I did that.
- I logged in last night and it told me to enter my email address & I did.
- I then received an email saying "Welcome to U2.com."
- The next time I logged in, it said my email was invalid & I had to click the link in the Welcome email.
- I clicked the link in the email & signed in.
- When I signed in this time, it asked me to confirm all of my information---address, phone number, etc. Of note, the country and state were blank and I had to fill them in.
- Since then, I can log in and out without any special messages at all.

Hope that can help in some way!

So far I like the new site, and the gift is actually something I'm going to enjoy, since I never bought the Complete U2 and don't have all of those tracks. But I do have a complaint already--I always save my coupon to put toward my subscription renewal, and because the administrators over there kept saying to wait to renew and my subscription lapsed by a few weeks, my coupon expired :down:

$50 is ridiculous, and there's no way I'd start a new subscription. But maybe that's the point--that they're trying to scare some people off. I'm glad that there are going to be presale codes, but I'm disappointed that they seem to be issuing them to everybody and not in a way that gives priority to people who have been members for a long time. That opens the door to a whole horde of scalpers, and I'm skeptical things will work any better than they did last time, unless venues give over a larger percentage of tickets to presales.

Me too . . . I couldn't afford the complete U2 so am pretty excited about the cd as well . . . hopefully the quality will be better than the scratchy and almost unlistenable recordings I have at the moment . . . and as for the whole ticket thing . . . think it is a pity that a pre-sale won't have some kind of priority order . . . if pearl jam can do it . . . surely if all the bells and whistles have been entered in the database and rolled over correctly, there must be a way of extracting join date information . . . was thinking that 3 stages of pre-sale priority would work . . . even though I'm a relative newcomer to u2.com (been member for just over 2 years) I think those who've been with them since the begining should really be rewarded for their loyalty . . .just saying :)

No one really answered my question yesterday--what evidence is there to suggest that people with lower member numbers are going to get some kind of preferential treatment?

I'm glad that there are going to be presale codes, but I'm disappointed that they seem to be issuing them to everybody and not in a way that gives priority to people who have been members for a long time.

So far, there's nothing to indicate any preference for long-time members. I think the problem is that as far as we know, they can only go by your member number if they wanted to do something like this. However, the member number is useless. LauraMullen joined in early 2005 (right?) and is in the 6000s. I joined in late 2005 and am in the 200,000s. However, there's no way to tell by the numbers if all the people between us have canceled their subscriptions in the last four years. Going by the numbers, laura and I are worlds apart. However, due to cancellations, we may be right next to each other. :shrug:

how many tickets per subscriber can you normally buy in the pre-sale?
I always go with 3 more friends, if I get good sit without them it is pointless for me. Can anybody help? :wave:

Anyone else having this problem.......?

My previous user name which I have had continuosly since December 2004 had a space in it and now it says that this is invalid and so I can't login to the new site to renew membership. I tell you that if my temp membership expires before I get in then I have had it with U2.com for ever, presale code or no fricking presale code.

I have the same problem steve. I've had the same login to u2.com since the site started in 2001 and now it won't let me use it. My extension runs out at the end of February. So far not getting any feedback at all on the problem.

I also tried signing in with a free account to try and contact and post about the problem but that free account has not received a welcome email so cannot be verified and cannot post anything. What a mess.

pre-sale tickets are only available for the country you live (or the one you register when subscribing)? or you can buy tickets for a concert in a different country?

how many tickets per subscriber can you normally buy in the pre-sale?
I always go with 3 more friends, if I get good sit without them it is pointless for me. Can anybody help? :wave:

Last time it was a one-show, two-ticket limit. Because the presale was so messed up, Propaganda legacy members got to do a second presale (again with a one-show, two-ticket limit).

Madonna's fan club sets aside a certain amount of fan club seats per show and members can buy up to four tickets per show for the upcoming European tour. It would be nice if U2 fans were able to get presales throughout the tour, but I'm only counting on one presale and two tickets for now.

Last time it was a one-show, two-ticket limit. Because the presale was so messed up, Propaganda legacy members got to do a second presale (again with a one-show, two-ticket limit).

Madonna's fan club sets aside a certain amount of fan club seats per show and members can buy up to four tickets per show for the upcoming European tour. It would be nice if U2 fans were able to get presales throughout the tour, but I'm only counting on one presale and two tickets for now.

thanks a lot! :wave:

pre-sale tickets are only available for the country you live (or the one you register when subscribing)? or you can buy tickets for a concert in a different country?

I'm from the US and I was able to buy 4 tickets for the Barcelona the last night. Not sure how it's going to work this time though.

That was what they said anyway.

I received the propaganda code and was able to buy single tickets to two individual shows using it. I was also sent another code that worked for single GA's to another 4 or 5 shows, (I always referred to it as the magic presale code that kept working and working).

It just goes to show how messed up that last presale was.

I have the same problem steve. I've had the same login to u2.com since the site started in 2001 and now it won't let me use it. My extension runs out at the end of February. So far not getting any feedback at all on the problem.

I also tried signing in with a free account to try and contact and post about the problem but that free account has not received a welcome email so cannot be verified and cannot post anything. What a mess.

I have done the same as you and tried to set up a free account just to get into the bloody site to vent my frustration on the boards yet so far I haven't received an email so that I can verify my free account. In fact when I clicked submit all it took me to was a blank screen with no messages whatsoever so god knows what that means. I am now in a position whereby I can't log into my subscription account because it says my login name is invalid even when it plainly isn't and I can't set up a free account as well because of these "technical glitches".

U2.com is simply the pits, always has been, and run by amateurs as far as I'm concerned.

Well no problems here so far. I can get into my account etc.

I just can't see any option to renew! Can't find it anywhere, i can only find the option for new members.

I haven't gotten the verification email either after creating a login. I can login, but the page says I need to verify (which of course i cant)

I haven't gotten the verification email either after creating a login. I can login, but the page says I need to verify (which of course i cant)
same here

is the verification link an individual link?

same here

is the verification link an individual link?

I'm having the same problem. I got the email about my coupon and another one just showing my receipt and billing address but no link for an email confirmation...I'm still getting that verify email message everytime I try to log in. I'm just gonna wait a day or two and see if I get an email with a confirmation link.

I have also a problem logging into the site. It says that my username must begin with a lowercase letter, but what the hell do I do when my already registered username starts with an uppercase letter!! :angry:

That gift would be pretty awesome if it wasn't for having nearly all those songs from the internet or remasters, cool to have them in a collection though. But I'm not ponying up $50 for the site, that's a ticket right there, this U2 year is already going to be expensive with the album (maybe two? :hyper:) some of the remasters, tickets, and the inevitable merchandise. I'll take my chances one general sale (I usually have luck even with U2 and Springsteen) and the good folks around here that trade at face value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom