U2.com gift for 2009 subscriptions / ALL U2.com Discussion / U2.com Re-Design

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2 : No Line On The Horizon has a bit of extra info regarding how to access 'Linear' when the CD comes out, as well as the credits... could have been mentioned, apologies if it already has.

So am I correct in assuming that the hardback book (which supposedly comes with the DVD of linear can also download film.

If you have bought a copy of the new album in any of the following formats (hardback book box version, magazine version or digi pack version), simply insert the audio CD into your computer, click BONUS above and follow the instructions. You will then be able to watch the exclusive Anton Corbijn film 'Linear'.

Why do I feel a U2.com screw up on the horizon?

I never even got chance to save any of my personal data as I only received the email tonight saying it may be wise to save your stuff and when I went in the site was already down.

I was gonna use U2.com too since I ordered something yesterday. :wink: Just brilliant!

Apparently there are new people involved rather than just Sebastian, so we should get updates more quickly now.

meanwhile, what kind of amateur needs to take down the entire site to put some different colours on it?

anyone half competent would have changed everything over on the back end and just switched it around at a convenient time. unless they're making the site software less fucking atrocious, which i would be fine with.

Well, it's just a very farfetched guess. But perhaps they're actually improving the site!

Which shouldn't be too hard. Add some recent pics and news and it'd be improved.

meanwhile, what kind of amateur needs to take down the entire site to put some different colours on it?

anyone half competent would have changed everything over on the back end and just switched it around at a convenient time. unless they're making the site software less fucking atrocious, which i would be fine with.

I'm guessing the latter, considering that they're changing Zootopia's software to the point where they can't migrate over the old database.

I got this message from Baja over at Zootopia, she asked me to post.

"U2.com member numbers are the account number and DO NOT change. Usernames do not change as well. - Baja"

"U2.com member numbers are the account number and DO NOT change. Usernames do not change as well. - Baja"

How do we find out our account numbers now that the site has been taken down? I'm sorry but U2.com do not have a good reputation among Zootops who mainly stick with it in the hope of getting a presale code every 4-5 years.

I never even got chance to save any of my personal data as I only received the email tonight saying it may be wise to save your stuff and when I went in the site was already down.

What a joke. I never got ANY email.

So what type of data did I lose?

Sicy said:

How do we find out our account numbers now that the site has been taken down? I'm sorry but U2.com do not have a good reputation among Zootops who mainly stick with it in the hope of getting a presale code every 4-5 years.

You don't really need to worry about knowing your account number. The important thing about the number is that if you were the 1,340th member to join the last time, you should still be the 1,340th member when the site comes back up, presumably, because it will matter when the presale codes go out. The lower your number, the sooner (better?) your presale code.

Other than that you will keep your username, I'm McNeany over there, so when the site is back up no one new can choose McNeany as their username (as if they'd want to).

Other than that, everything will be gone. The threads, your posts, you 'private messages' sent and received. They have had 'sticky's' up on all the forums for awhile now that it would be coming down and we should save anything we wanted to keep on our own computers; but I can see if you aren't a total nutter and in the Zoo TOO MUCH like me, you might have missed the notices.

But, as long as you don't mind losing the Zoo stuff, there's nothing to worry about.

Hopefully, if (that's a big IF) everything runs smoothly, you'll log in to the new Zoo just as you did before and see a shiny new Zoo. Hopefully.

Exactly! When we did the new U2gigs.com a few weeks back, we had the new site set up on the backend (I was using it for a good week before we sent it live, checking for bugs and things), and when we brought it live, the site was down for all of a couple of minutes. Probably only five people even noticed.

Plus, the fact that posts, PMs, and other member data is being lost from the U2.com forum is simply unacceptable. What kind of clowns are running this thing? It's a goddamn forum. Interference's big update last year didn't lose any posts or PMs, and that was a serious software upgrade. And honestly, all they really needed to do with the forum was change the colour scheme to suit the new one. What a cock-up, U2.com.

I am so happy that my number is going to be the same. I think they are going to do the presale with them.

It takes a long time to dream all of U2.com up again :tsk:

I do really like the new font, though given their track record, I'm worried that's all I'll like!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom