U2 and Bruce Springsteen had the same idea *details inside*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodysunday972

War Child
The intros are diff but same idea.

On Bullet The Blue Sky during the Zoo TV Tour you had the intro with the chatter from the Gulf War I believe it was.

If you listen to any of the boots from Bruce's 1992/1993 tour on a song called Souls Of The Departed A intro plays with the star spangled banner with the same idea

*The Skies over Bagdad have been Illuminated as well as other bullets going up into the air* Is repeated about 3 times then it goes into the song.

bullet never had any intro lik that.
the whole ZOO TV outside Broadcast had a doctored Bush senior rap as intro. before Zoo ST. but it wasn't the same used by bruce. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT!!!!

I dunno, I think U2 had the idea first.

On the Rattle and Hum video, Jimi Hendrix's version of the Star-Spangled Banner, is used as an intro to "Bullet the Blue Sky."

bloodysunday972 said:
Have you ever watched ZOO TV Live In Sydney ?:huh:

I never Said he used the same one I said they were similiar in idea

Yes, I have watched that one countless times and Bullet The Blue Sky doesn't have an intro like that. The band plays Dirty Day, Bono goes into some acapella singing and BAM!!! the band launches into Bullet The Blue Sky.

However, when earlier in the gig Bono is singing solo Unchained Melody (or at least the first verse of it), it's juxtaposed with images of launching and exploding missiles and something which you can interpret as Gulf War chatter. They then go into Until The End Of The World.

C ya!

Marty

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom