U2 3D next year....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw it Saturday too!
There are no words to decribe it other than it was an out of body experience ! It was better than seeing them live!!
That's right... In Honolulu I wasn't on the floor and we had crappy seats. :( I will never do that again and even watching the dvd's of concerts past will pale in comparison after you see this.

Nuf said!! RUN don't walk to the venue!
You are in for a treat of a lifetime!

seajewel said:
BRILLIANT! We even got posters as we left!:heart:

my theater had a ton of posters on Wednesday when I saw it so I took two :shifty: No one that worked there was anywhere near the table so I should have taken more. I think they're more like 11x18. They're rolled up in the trunk of my car so I'll have to bring them in for the exact size. I went to the movie today and no posters anywhere to be found :(

You guys are so lucky your theatre gave posters!! I asked my theatre if they would even give them away after the movie was done playing and they said NO!

:madspit:

Saw the film yesterday---I can't say enough how much I loved it!!! Bono in my face! I must say it seemed more Edge friendly.
I looked for posters but didn't even see the one up for the film. Going back next weekend. :hyper:

bonocomet said:
You guys are so lucky your theatre gave posters!! I asked my theatre if they would even give them away after the movie was done playing and they said NO!

:madspit:

Maybe they said no to us because the show was being extended thru the end of the month? :hmm:

Jeannieco said:

There are no words to decribe it other than it was an out of body experience ! It was better than seeing them live!!

I couldn't help comparing the movie to being right in front of Bono on the rail, and the experience is very similar. Of course, having had that experience, I am forever spoiled. So for anybody who hasn't been right in front of the boys, yes, it's ALMOST as good as being in that spot and I think that was their intention. Great movie. I just wanted it to go on and on and on.....kind of like when you see them live - you never want it to end.

I read that many of the close-ups were done without an audience so it's amazing that they made it look so real. I can't wait to see it again.

Last edited:
Rosebud said:
Just went to see it last night! We kinda got lost trying to find the venue, so we just barely got there in time. phew...

All I can say is, fan-friggen-tastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was sad that the audience there didn't really act like they were part of the audience, as some of the reviewers of different showings described, but I rocked out anyway! :D

And I SWEAR, Bono was looking RIGHT AT ME! :D :drool: :combust:
:faint:
Bono is so close--I offered him some of my coke :giggle: & I reached out to touch his hand. (Also I was thinking he needed some conditioner on his hair. :giggle: :hug: )

BonoFox1 said:
I went to see again yesterday!! OMG!! I think Im going to see again a few more times :D

teehee... :giggle: I went again last nite.. my poor son, dragged him with me again..:D

and yes, a few more times is certainly in my near future.. with or without the family.. :wink:

Carek1230 said:

Maybe they said no to us because the show was being extended thru the end of the month? :hmm:

Maybe, but I said when it's finished playing at your theatre, and they said no they still have to keep them after it's finished. Meanies. And I was saying :madspit: to my theatre, not you people who got posters :hug: Luckies!
I do have to be grateful to our theatre for the great job they are doing with the sound tho. On one show I went to they announced that they use every speaker in the theatre, It was some huge amount I can't remember now, but most movies they don't use all the speakers.

I saw it at the HUGEASS Imax in Chicago on Saturday night. Good times!! I was most impressed with the audio. My gripe about all U2 concert DVDs is that the audio leaves out too much of the crowd. You can see them all jumping around and going apeshit, but never year them besides between songs. I don't care if it means the song is slightly less clear, I want to hear it like it sounds when you are there. I think the 3D did that. Even the delay when Larry/Bono play the drum out on the B-stage.

I'm going to see it again in Lansing, MI tomorrow night. My sis-in-law's fiance is becoming a huge fan. I told him we were taking them to see it and he was screaming like a girl. He didn't see any real shows b/c he lives in Malaysia.

I saw it on Friday night w/ Shannon (BonosBaby12) & our fiancees at an IMAX in the Chicago suburbs. loved it :heart: although they warned us before we went in that they were having troubles with the sound. I don't think we got the full effect audio-wise, but everything else was great! :up:

we didn't get posters! :grumpy:

Bono's Doll said:
Bono is so close--I offered him some of my coke :giggle:

I'm sorry..love the lad and all, but at Manhattan movie theater prices, NOBODY gets any of my goodies!!!! ;)

I asked for posters and there were none. I think I'll go back everyday until they get sick of me. Yes, that's what I'll do.

I'm driving an hour to see it again tonight! It's going to be a LATE night. The show starts at 10pm an hour away and the rain that is currently coming down will turn to ice, so who knows how long it will take us to get back...

My wonderful boss gave me tickets to go again this weekend--he said here have another U2 experience on me. (Am I that obvious at work even how much I love them:shrug: ):hug:

^ I will check. He's really cute--but honestly it's like working for Michael Scott on the Office sometimes--the stuff he comes up with. :eyebrow:

wenda said:
Be careful with the drive back! And say hi to the boys for me lol.

oh.my.lord! The drive back.....what can I say....I've lived in west Michigan for 23 years. I have never ever ever in my life experienced anything like it. It was a case of boy crying wolf, so to speak, they always rant about winter storm warnings, but of course last night is the storm of all storms!! We didn't get back until 1:30am. The wind was blowing cars off the road and it was total whiteout, zero visibility. It was actually too dangerous to pull over and stop because we couldn't see the shoulder of the road and had no idea if we'd be pulling over off an overpass. A semi passed us and we followed him in, but accidentally got on the wrong highway trying to get off (and I know these places like the back of my hand). It was so windy the signs were all bent around their poles. Ugh....it was sooooo bad, sooooo bad!!

Oh well, there's no way we could have known it would be THAT bad and we made it home, albeit going 10mph down a 70mph highway.

We're off tomorrow for the movie; a four hour drive each way. It's supposed to rain and then turn to ice tomorrow night, so we'll see the 4 pm show and then race for home.

I've been on those roads where following a semi was the only way to know where the road was; very scary.

Tomorrow with the lads from Dublin! I'm dancin'!

Jeannieco said:
^^Wow, glad you made it home in one piece!
I have driven in snow like that before, total white knuckle time!
Scarey!
Yep, white knuckles is right! I've driven in blizzards and white outs before, but this was a whole new level. The adrenaline rush was amazing. We were beyond being scared. Oh well it was worth it to see the concert again!! I'm hopeless...

Saw it again today...they fixed the sound in the theater..enjoy taking a peek at other folks in the theater during certain parts of the movie. Gal near me kept reaching for Bono.

Back
Top Bottom